• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What stops Cobalt from immediately letting loose very strong radiation and winning that way? At this key the effects of it are not just super fast but also just devastating and she can control exactly what it affects at this point so destiny is in zero danger if it despite her also lacking a resistance. She can also activate a generic shield which should be unbreakable to both opponents seeing as they don’t appear to have immediate options for breaking/bypassing a 5-C barrier

Luckily for them though her disaster level scanner will tell cobalt of the astronomical AP difference so she won’t resort to a method like that right away, instead she’ll likely use small plutonium chains (summoned around them very easily with the ten meter starting distance) to just restrain them

Otter isn't here yet, so i'll give my initial thoughts as well.

Plebble being 3-A with his pen is probably the best shot they have of winning here, which also has crazy range making it basically impossible to avoid their AP, although i'm not sure how in-character it is of them to use it, though in some scenarios i could see them using this from what i know if they last long enough 👀

The radiation that cobalt uses is the biggest problem for them at the start. Judging from it's wording i think you need at least resistance to cosmic radiation in some way (Although this is cobalt's best move it seems, which seems like a last resort) to endure it, which is kind of the reason asuna for example could endure said radiation in this thread, which neither of them have, and without any alternate methods to mitigate the effects like a pocket dimension to escape to or time manipulation they'll basically be on a time limit to win, which is a disadvantage.

Leaning cobalt and destiny, but i won't vote until otter comes in with arguments

Last edited:
So, about the radiation thing. Yes it would basically INSTANTLY KILL Dreap. But Plebble is a ROCK. Literally just a giant living rock. What you’re doing is the equivalent of trying to give a rock cancer. Plebble could also do the thing he did at the start of Plebble: The Other World and create a whole second universe to hide in. Plus he has been in space before meaning, yeah, he does have resistance to Cosmic Radiation. As for Dreap, he’s just screwed if this lands. He does have Existance Erasure via Golden Bullet for combat though (which is very in character for him to use). And Plebble using the pen in combat? That’s actually a scenario that could happen. Though it would be more last resort as a attack, he can just use it for other things like defense.

So, about the radiation thing. Yes it would basically INSTANTLY KILL Dreap. But Plebble is a ROCK. Literally just a giant living rock. What you’re doing is the equivalent of trying to give a rock cancer. Plebble could also do the thing he did at the start of Plebble: The Other World and create a whole second universe to hide in. Plus he has been in space before meaning, yeah, he does have resistance to Cosmic Radiation. As for Dreap, he’s just screwed if this lands. He does have Existance Erasure via Golden Bullet for combat though (which is very in character for him to use). And Plebble using the pen in combat? That’s actually a scenario that could happen. Though it would be more last resort as an attack, he can just use it for other things like defense.
I did mention that radiation would be a reliable and quick win move, but I also said that what she would really start with are small plutonium chains to hold them down. Even in her previous key these chains paralyzed enemies down to individual cells if they manage to wrap them up and that effect is a whole lot stronger in this key. Neither appear to have a listed paralysis inducement resistance, much less one strong enough to escape it, and even if they did they’d have to have similar or higher LS as Cobalt does, and neither appear very close in that regard since she is up at Class Z and certainly beyond baseline too

Plebble would need to use the pen instantly to avoid the chains, and if they wrap him up he will be unable to move at all so escaping via sheer ap is also very unlikely (can’t swing the pen or anything if he can’t move). Cobalt might have them walled here

As for the existence erasure bullet, I don’t think cobalt or destiny would resist it so it would work if it landed but all things considered I think it’s highly unlikely. Cobalt is a lot smarter of a fighter than both combatants combined and has dozens upon dozens (if not hundreds) of different ways she could react to block, divert, or stop it entirely and Destiny herself has plenty of methods too

I did mention that radiation would be a reliable and quick win move, but I also said that what she would really start with are small plutonium chains to hold them down. Even in her previous key these chains paralyzed enemies down to individual cells if they manage to wrap them up and that effect is a whole lot stronger in this key. Neither appear to have a listed paralysis inducement resistance, much less one strong enough to escape it, and even if they did they’d have to have similar or higher LS as Cobalt does, and neither appear very close in that regard since she is up at Class Z and certainly beyond baseline too

Plebble would need to use the pen instantly to avoid the chains, and if they wrap him up he will be unable to move at all so escaping via sheer ap is also very unlikely (can’t swing the pen or anything if he can’t move). Cobalt might have them walled here

As for the existence erasure bullet, I don’t think cobalt or destiny would resist it so it would work if it landed but all things considered I think it’s highly unlikely. Cobalt is a lot smarter of a fighter than both combatants combined and has dozens upon dozens (if not hundreds) of different ways she could react to block, divert, or stop it entirely and Destiny herself has plenty of methods too
Plebble’s attacks are entirely telekinesis based, so now that I think about it, the chains are mostly just stopping him, not his ability to use his items and stuff. His pen would still work. Not to mention he doesn’t even need to draw very well. His universe creation was from just a bunch of shapes. The Pen is also strong enough to likely break the chains or something. The Golden Bullet is also capable of movement without Dreap moving, meaning they still have methods of releasing themselves or attacking without any movement options. And finally, the Range at which Plebble and Dreap can do so is actually pretty big. The range of Plebble’s can not only affect things he cant see, but also from at least a few feet, but it’s also seen to have effect even up to a few hundred meters. And Dreap a few Kilometers. Anyways, the chain isn’t an INSTANT WIN, but it’s still a very good win-con, even with it having ways to be bypassed.

Plebble’s attacks are entirely telekinesis based, so now that I think about it, the chains are mostly just stopping him, not his ability to use his items and stuff. His pen would still work. Not to mention he doesn’t even need to draw very well. His universe creation was from just a bunch of shapes. The Pen is also strong enough to likely break the chains or something. The Golden Bullet is also capable of movement without Dreap moving, meaning they still have methods of releasing themselves or attacking without any movement options. And finally, the Range at which Plebble and Dreap can do so is actually pretty big. The range of Plebble’s can not only affect things he cant see, but also from at least a few feet, but it’s also seen to have effect even up to a few hundred meters. And Dreap a few Kilometers. Anyways, the chain isn’t an INSTANT WIN, but it’s still a very good win-con, even with it having ways to be bypassed.
Does Plebble even canonically use the Pen for offense/defense like that? Also I should bring up that Plebble and Dreap seemingly have no means of countering Destiny's passive fear aura. They'd collapse the second the battle starts unless they have means of countering it.
  • Aura (Overwhelming, Fear-inducing, Charismatic, and Explosive; Destiny now has a visible magic aura that makes anyone she views as an enemy feel as if they are facing their worst nightmare and drain their life force.)

Does Plebble even canonically use the Pen for offense/defense like that? Also I should bring up that Plebble and Dreap seemingly have no means of countering Destiny's passive fear aura. They'd collapse the second the battle starts unless they have means of countering it.
No… to be fair, their last canon appearance was the first time they ever had the pen so… yeah. Yeah they are screwed. Honestly at this point, they kinda have nothing. Just say it’s a stomp and the other team wins.

I forgot about destiny’s aura, could have been a bit interesting without it but honestly yeah I really don’t see how cobalt and destiny’s team loses, it’s most likely a stomp but I’ll vote for them FRA as well

Back