• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quicksilver speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering he became so fast where time was no longer moving for him in form of shape - he had become unstuck from time because he became so fast. So, I would say immeasurable is more than warranted. Btw, these scans don't give much. If you are planning on making a CRT, you should add more scans from Quicksilver: No Surrender which explains this stuff in so much more details.

Although this isn't scalable to anyone but just Pietro himself.

Considering he became so fast where time was no longer moving for him in form of shape - he had become unstuck from time because he became so fast. So, I would say immeasurable is more than warranted. Btw, these scans don't give much. If you are planning on making a CRT, you should add more scans from Quicksilver: No Surrender which explains this stuff in so much more details.

Although this isn't scalable to anyone but just Pietro himself.
Okay

I am not sure, as he never seemed to apply this enhanced level of speed for any practical purposes, and the shown comic panels above never properly defined exactly what was happening as far as I could notice.

Did other stories further elaborate on what happened?

Yeah the whole Quicksilver No Surrender mini exists for this feat. And he did use this speed for practical stuff. He literally saved the world. If it wasn't for him, the chance of the heroes saving the world was quite low from what I can remember.

Okay, and there it was clearly defined that he ran backwards in time through sheer speed?

Yes, but did he show up again later in a story that elaborated on what had happened in conjunction? Can he now run through time freely?

Okay, and there it was clearly defined that he ran backwards in time through sheer speed?
He literally became unstuck from time itself by moving faster than anyone or anything had done. And then was able to return to the normal present/stuck himself back in time via sheer speed.

The thing is, does he like actively have full control over where he travels; like no instances of him traveling to prehistoric times be accident?

He literally became unstuck from time itself by moving faster than anyone or anything had done. And then was able to return to the normal present/stuck himself back in time via sheer speed.
Okay, but can he land a blow before he started to move now, or literally arrive before he started? Treating time like a spatial dimension in that manner is basically what immeasurable speed means.

Infinite speed evidence would also be appreciated of course.

I don't see why he needs feats of punching himself?

But in case you are still confused as to why this is not immeasurable, here is what the page says.
Movement beyond linear time.
And Quicksilver's feat, where he literally became unstuck from time itself because he surpassed the fastest thing ever known.

As for infinite stuff, don't see what it's needed cause its not infinite speed, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here. Based on a number of files, he should at least qualify for infinite speed. Look at Wally's feat, this is literally no different - in fact its far better than whatever Wally did, and his is listed as infinite.

tl;dr - Pietro became so fast he became unstuck from time itself, went faster than anything in the universe ever had and was moving so fast time itself was frozen in that one moment - right before he saved the world. Wanda and others from the future went back to the frozen moment for a bit but they were reverted back into the present time. She told him to slow down and that's the only way he can return to normal. He did and moved through time and appeared in the present alongside the evil self of his. Then, right before slowing down properly, he shunt the other person back into where he had come from - basically froze him in time by pushing him so fast to become unstuck from time.

"Beyond linear time" is kind of barebones description for Immeasurable speed; though the least for a feat to be Immeasurable is for it to also apply to combat speed and not just movement/travel speed. Prime examples of Immeasurable speed is a literal example of someone moving/reacting at speeds that are faster than instantaneous.

Though looking at those feats, yeah, it's clearly Infinite at minimum. And at least from my experience, having infinite combat speed combined with Immeasurable travel speed (Or rather just time travel) is a weird look for a lot of people. I think I'll just go ahead and say Immeasurable speed is fine.

though the least for a feat to be Immeasurable is for it to also apply to combat speed and not just movement/travel speed
I am not sure I understand this too well. Can you clarify this further please? There are hundreds upon hundreds of files who have immeasurable - and some that still gets accepted now - just for travel speed.

Yeah deffo not addable. Tho I believe OP wasn't really planning on adding it - or at least I hope so. Also scarlet witch was also amping him - it's literally in the first two pages of the solo around this feat.

I am not sure I understand this too well. Can you clarify this further please? There are hundreds upon hundreds of files who have immeasurable - and some that still gets accepted now - just for travel speed.
AKM Sama made a statement against those profiles; primarily for Pre-Crisis Superman. He said it should all be treated as simply Time travel rather than just have Immeasurable travel speed that isn't combat speed. Which plenty of higher up staff agreed with that sentiment at the time.

Not really sure how much of that is relevant. But the thing with this specific feat of quicksilver is, it also applies to combat when you think about it. In the quicksilver no surrender arc, he literally fought those beings who existed in between the moment and was faster than them. Heck, the same one who moved present and then QS overpowered him, shunting him away, making him unstuck from time.

Anyway, if OP wants to upgrade anyone, it should probably be Wanda. She had to amplify herself to reach the unstuck time thing. Immeasurable Wanda when?

I don't think anything needs to be done since this was a question regarding speed/specific feat and nothing more.

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

Should we close this thread then?

Okay. I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back