• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning the Potency of Higher Dimensional Hax

This is more of a pseudo-CRT, but I don’t feel like actually making the CRT, so meh.

According to current site standards, higher dimensional hax is more potent than lower dimensional hax, and inherently bypasses any lower dimensional resistances.

However, this doesn’t make much sense to me. For example, let’s say that there are Characters A, and B. Character A has 4D Spatial Hax (No layers), and Character B is a 3D being with resistance to 3D Spatial Hax. Under current site standards, Character A can completely bypass Character B’s resistance via having “higher dimensional potency”.

However there is an issue with this: Character B is only 3D. Regardless of whether or not the hax is 4D, 5D, 11D, etc, Character B is only 3D, so they can only be hit by the hax in those 3 dimensions (ie, can only be hit by 3D hax).

So going back to the previous example, if Character A manages to hit Character B with 4D Spatial Hax, Character B will be hit in 3 of those 4 dimensions, but since they aren’t a 4D being, and as such, isn’t even present in the 4th Dimension, they logically can’t be affected by that extra dimension of “potency”.

So, the main issue I have with the current standards is that it kind of faces the same issue as many surface area calculations, where you don’t inherently tank the full yield of the attack, due to you not being as large as the attack itself, and are only tanking a small portion of it.

What I’m trying to say is, if you’re a lower dimensional being (Say, 3D), and are hit with higher dimensional hax (Say, 5D), how is it any more potent than hax on your dimensional level (3D) if you don’t even exist in those higher dimensions, and as such, can only be hit in those 3 out of 5 dimensions anyways?

Back