• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pulgasari Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark-Carioca

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Image Helper
The page for the kaiju Pulgasari is a bit on the outdated side, so I figured I'd update it, with feats and accepted calcs (when I started working on my version, I genuinely didn't think there was a page for him, to be honest).

I made a new version (currently in a sandbox), and that's what this revision's about, updating (and downgrading) the original page with the new calcs and a few extra notes.
  • The updated version has, as mentioned before, calcs and gifs to showcase Pulgasari's feats.
  • The current page uses fan art, thus my updated version uses an 'official' model, or at least, a render of a figure faithful to the movie's original suit.
  • I've decided to change the Small Country level level bit to Island level due to the "turn mountains into ashes in a second" statement, as Small Country level is only for Mt Fuji being vaporized, while the vaporization of a standard small mountain is Island level.
  • I've chosen to keep the higher tier as a "possibly", since just about all of Pulgasari's feats aren't close to him solidly being Island level, but at the same time nothing's ever really shown to be able to go through his tough armor. Plus, so the calc has a purpose in determining how strong Pulgasari is.

I'm fine with the possibly, but from what I'm reading, I think straight up Island level+ is fine

The rest is good.

I don’t get why it has a Street level rating, all the feats in that key seem solidly Wall level to me. Also, its Island level stuff only seems like durability.

I don’t get why it has a Street level rating, all the feats in that key seem solidly Wall level to me.
iirc snapping certain metal items is more of a Street level feat than Wall level, as some of those items can be broken by particularly strong people in real life.

Also, its Island level stuff only seems like durability.
I was following the original page's logic on how Pulgasari is able to shoot the powerful mountain-vaporizing fireball-like cannonballs back without losing power or effectiveness, and him being able to destroy the weapons that shoot these fireballs.

iirc snapping certain metal items is more of a Street level feat than Wall level, as some of those items can be broken by particularly strong people in real life.
Digging and breaking through brick walls and being so tough that metal weapons break on him seems solidly Wall level to me.
I was following the original page's logic on how Pulgasari is able to shoot the powerful mountain-vaporizing fireball-like cannonballs back without losing power or effectiveness, and him being able to destroy the weapons that shoot these fireballs.
I’m assuming that the whole “turn mountains to ash” thing happens because the cannonballs explode, and Pulgssari just redirects them before they explode. So that wouldn’t make his AP scale, neither would destroying the guns that fire them.

Digging and breaking through brick walls and being so tough that metal weapons break on him seems solidly Wall level to me.

I’m assuming that the whole “turn mountains to ash” thing happens because the cannonballs explode, and Pulgssari just redirects them before they explode. So that wouldn’t make his AP scale, neither would destroying the guns that fire them.
Fair enough

I changed it to simply "at most Wall level" and "possibly higher" for his second key

I think 48 hours have passed already, so may I apply the revision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back