• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Precognition

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
We need to differentiate between the different kids of Precognition.

The main distinction would be actual future sight, where you're seeing the future or possible ones, versus predictive precognition, when you're predicting the future based on what you know. Of course, there's other types of precognition (like Spider Sense), so it needs to be judged on a case by case basis, but it should still be better differentiated and explained on the precognition page. There's also various levels of precog, which should also be described.

This is relevant for several reasons; a character immune to future sight can still be predicted by someone with predictive precognition, for example, though predictive precognition is not as immediately reliable as good enough future sight (eg. future sight that isn't uncontrollable visions that only lead to everything getting worse or only in dreams).

Characters who predict the future like this and are able to use it reliably in combat are given Precognition here, from what I've seen.

It shouldn't be, I don't think. Like I said, you're not actually seeing the future, you're just guessing it with what knowledge you already have.

Well, I disagree. If it's reliable enough to use in combat it should be listed even if just as a subsect of regular Precog.

Besides, we have quite a lot of pages that link to it as such, the precognition page itself calling it precognition, and so on. I'm not against changing these things if enough people agree to, but we should keep that in mind.

Hmm... wouldn't it just be easier if we explain the extent and mechanics of the precog on the individual pages?

I mean, I wouldn't mind differentiating between them, but then we'd have to start another project.

We wouldn't have to. It'd just be specification for the page, to better explain the mechanics generally.

Back