• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Crisis Superman level characters scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
As you may know, Superma was recently upgraded to Large Star level, based on his calculated feat of moving Mageddon's wheels.

Given this, we should probably upgrade other Post-Crisis Kryptonians, as well as characters that were consistently displayed as close to his level, such as Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Zod, Power Girl, Doomsday, Martian Manhunter, normal Darkseid, and Captain Marvel/Shazam.

My question is whether other members think that this is a good idea, and if so, which characters should be affected?

Agreed with the update. All characters mentioned sound good, as all are rather consistently portrayed as on Superman's level, along with probably a few which are slipping my mind, right now.

Definitely agree on this. I wonder who else is on par or even greater than Post-Crisis Supes here.

Well, there is Despero and Shaggy Man/General Wade Eiling as well.

Possibly, but not certainly. In some appearances he could take on Despero or Superman, and in others he was much closer to human level. And neither Superman or Despero were shown at anywhere near their peaks in those stories. It may be better to place him at "Unknown".

I see. It's weird cause there's a link on his S. Strength to Post-Crisis Supes page, meaning he would have High 4-C then.

I will check out Lobo's profile.

Would this scale to guys such as Hal and other higher end Lanterns, as well? Them being thousands upon thousands of times weaker than Kal-El seems off.

I dunno. Have they consistently been shown as equal to him? All of the Marvel and DC power scaling is extremely off, due to the enormous inconsistencies, so we should preferably only scale characters that are consistently shown as equal.

Never mind. I remembered that Kyle Rayner held back a supernova. That should scale as large star level for all major lantern corps members.

Yes, but they are scaled from Kyle Rayner having a similar level feat.

I don't think is at star level

just see this image

fifty heroes, including the first, two earth, earth ie one new earth

fifty of the most powerful heroes of the past, present and future with the maximum can destroy a solar system ...
592ab9a4dac8e711e7fbbddc742f4055c6f63ebd hq

Carlotusci said:
I don't think is at star level
just see this image

fifty heroes, including the first, two earth, earth ie one new earth

fifty of the most powerful heroes of the past, present and future with the maximum can destroy a solar system ...
592ab9a4dac8e711e7fbbddc742f4055c6f63ebd hq
One line of text does not invalidate all other feats. All comic characters have high ends and low ends, and judging them by their most solid feats (which obviously aren't outliers or COMPLETELY inconsistent) is only fair.

Also, in that same scan, said heroes are attacking the Anti-Monitor, who literally eats universes.

You can believe that's where he caps, but the reason he's being upgraded is because he actually has Large Star level feats, just as guys like Kyle Rayner do. It's not like he's being upgraded to universal+ based on some hilarious outlier.

I thought that he was slightly above the normal kryptonians and a bit "special" in regards to the heroes

i would imagine other kryptonians to be star+ to low end large star level then

Novareaper & @SSJGamer99 Probably, yes.

I am updating all the DC characters that I know of right now, including Bizarro.

Oh for weakness, remember to put his IMP needs charging and makes him slower than light (Which would make him easy pickings for a FTL character)

No, I don't think so. His striking strength should probably scale to the Mageddon feat, not the IMP.

I think that I have now upgraded all of the relevant characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back