• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Cody Travers Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. This is Seed here. I went to look at all the quotes from the arcade storyline involving Cody, to make sure his stata!ent with Oni could be considered , and thought that some of them were remarkably consistent. With this, an upgrade could be in order for Cody's restricted and

1: If they said he could beat Oni if he went all-out wouldn't that equate to : At least 6-C , likely Higher when he goes all out / Full Power ?

2: Let's first look at the encounters he has in the arcade, which is basically their way of saying what would happen if these guys met. Uhm... In every fight in the Arcade... He is restricted. This means that in every encounter he has in the arcade mode is implied to be when he is still heavily handicapped. This included some of the strongest in the game storyline, like the following : Gen , Akuma ( When handicapped , he says : " I thought you were supposed to be WAY stronger than that. What happened ? " which implied he thought the fight was a joke , even when heavily restricted ) , Gouken ( Didn't care. ) Rose , Evil Ryu ( also disrespects ) , & Seth ( unquantifiable ) . The only inconsistency is Ryu, but he obviously said such because he respects Ryu , and held back a lot more than he did against the above as a result. Oni is the ONLY one he respects completely in terms of power. Wouldn't this give him an At least High 7-A rating in his Heavily restricted form ?

3: Based on #2, I would request : At least High 7-A ( treats Evil Ryu, Akuma , and Gouken as if they are nothing but a nuisance in Arcade mode . ) , likely 6-C ( Is heavily implied that he didn't go all-out in his fight with Oni, and calls him a great fight, but didn't say what amount of power he used in his restricted state to seemingly hold his own . ) for his restricted self. At least 6-C , likely Higher ( Comparable, but not implied to be stronger than Oni if Cody went all-out / Full Power. ) .

If any of it doesn't make sense, please let me know.

You can inform Matthew Schroeder about this thread if you wish.

Sorry if tell you, but here i pointed out that he never showed his full power in canon its only a speculation, so it should be removed.

These are all non-canon fights, also that is because of his personality of taking everything in a boring way since he lost what he cared for.

... Okay then. I didn't deny that, which is why he handicaps himself because of it. Oni is honestly the only non-canon in USF4 . This is what would've happened if he DID meet these people. That's the purpose of the Arcade encounters. No offense... But if he was clearly impressed, he would'e showed it , regardless of his scaring. Evil Ryu is canonly part of the story, do he isnt non-canon, along with everyone that isnt Oni. Cody only showed he cared against Oni, nothing less phased him.

No, because its speculation and Dan in the arcade modes of the street fighters also threats everyone like a nuisance, when in reality he would have got stomped by them.

street fighter iv quotes are all heavily mistranslated, to the point that Ono pissed off and wanted V to be totally faithful to japanese version. I'm like 90% sure that the quote from Oni is a mistranslation, there's no feat for cody and you cannot count the winquotes (even less the american winquotes) as real. It's just bravado.

You could possibly estimate a minimum scalating from the punch he tank from Jack in SFXT since those cinematics are pretty faithful to the canon.

But since Cody, Guy and Haggar trade blows with the likes of Hugo and Abigail, they're probably at least class 45 (if you take Screwattacks calc) or 100 (VSBattles).

This is an old content revision thread. It is probably better if you start a new one to get input.

I used them because we have used them to scale before ( We have it as current usage for Cody's full power... And the arcade supports each of their portrayals near perfectly ) . Plus, all of his quotes supports what is stated by the Street Fighter Official as the Strongest Street Fighter at full power. Unless you can prove specifically what quote contradicts the Arcades usage... I feel as if we can continue using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back