• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Poison AP Calculations

Hopefully a simple question.

Does there exist a calculation formula that we can use to find out a joule amount for poisons that are capable of melting stuff away?

Does there exist a calculation formula that we can use to find out a joule amount for poisons that are capable of melting stuff away?
There isn't a generic formula applicable to all corrosive substances, as the nature of these reactions can vary widely.

But Okay sure ill give some formulas. The poisons you describe pertains to corrosive substances or reactive chemicals that, upon contact, initiate destructive processes leading to material breakdown. The amount of energy required to melt a substance can be calculated using the concept of specific heat and latent heat of fusion.

The amount of energy required to melt a substance can be calculated using the concept of specific heat and latent heat of fusion.
The specific heat formula is:
C=m×ΔTQ
  • C is the specific heat capacity
  • Q is the induced thermal energy
  • m is the mass
  • ΔT is the temperature difference.

The heat of fusion formula is:

Q=m×L

Where:

• Q is the heat of fusion (the amount of heat energy needed to melt a given quantity of a substance)
  • m is the mass of the substance being melted
  • L is the latent heat of fusion
Yea, these formulas can be used to calculate the energy in joules required to melt a substance.

No. At least not any meaningful one. If poison / acid melts something doesn't really rely on energy. It's just a question of whether a chemical reaction happens or not.

No. At least not any meaningful one. If poison / acid melts something doesn't really rely on energy. It's just a question of whether a chemical reaction happens or not.
Alright. Thanks for answering the question. I have an addition question however pertaining to if we are capable of quantifying the acidity of a poison depending on the material that was corroded, and the amount of said material that was affected.

For example: There exist this character in Toriko called Invite Death, this creature is stated to have poison that is capable of melting away an entire continent. What exactly can I derive from this statement? Can I derive a level of acidity of said poison, can I derive a level of attack potency etc.

Probably not much. Like, either it's a poison that with little quantity in some way reacts with a lot of stone or its that a lot of poison can be produced. I guess the former one might mean something regarding potency, similarily to how a drop of poison killing a human means something about its toxicity.

Back