• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plot manipulation standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have some problem with Plot manipulation

The current standard says to have Plot manipulation you have to add proof of Metafictional statement, for make the plot is actual a narrative. So its mean the plot is a metafictional thing that see the reality as a fiction

This is the problem, if we go with tiering system standard, see the reality as a fictional is mean qualitative supperior, and can have higher dimensional structure. It will make every plot is higher dimensional thing, and every plot manipulation user is has higher tier

My suggestion is, we can delete the metafictional requirement, and have Plot is a description and summary of the world(story) that is connector and determines the sequence of world's event

And side note that manipulating "story" is will not have plot manipulation, unless it mention essense of storycraft

Bassically, rather than Meta-fictional, the Plot is Meta-causality and/or Meta-fate

Rather than just give some dumb book that see reality as a fiction a plot manipulation, we can give everything that have essense and element of story-writting/storycraft a plot manipulation

This is just so that you can make Maou Gakuin have plot manipulation. We're not going to change standards to satisfy one verse. I disagree. Otherwise it's going to set a precedence where fate manipulation would be taken as plot manipulation because the difference between fate and plot is the metafictional aspect of it

This is just so that you can make Maou Gakuin have plot manipulation. We're not going to change standards to satisfy one verse. I disagree. Otherwise it's going to set a precedence where fate manipulation would be taken as plot manipulation because the difference between fate and plot is the metafictional aspect of it
It is not actually

The different between plot and fate is, plot is description and summary of the world, and fate is predestination

The current standard says to have Plot manipulation you have to add proof of Metafictional statement, for make the plot is actual a narrative. So its mean the plot is a metafictional thing that see the reality as a fiction.
This is not the case. A Narrative or Plot does not view anything as fiction, it is the fiction itself, it is the story. It only becomes R > F when someone from outside of the original world view, seems sed world as a story.

As for the rest, personally, I cant understand half the things the OP is saying due to their grammar and lack of examples.

Manipulating metafictional elements is the definition of what Plot Manipulation is. I'd rather have all Plot Manipulation be qualitatively superior than simply alter the ability into something it's not. We have Fate Manipulation and Causality Manipulation for such non-metafictional usages.

Even then metafictional elements don't percieve the world they are a part of as fiction, they are just a part of the fiction as everything else. This comparison between reality and fiction is what designates a qualitative difference, having just fiction and fictional elements without reality doesn't cut it.

Just stop with your beef with Fixxed whatever he does doens't related to Maou Gakuin. Why you brings that up everywhere? It's really not good behaviour.

A Narrative or Plot does not view anything as fiction, it is the fiction itself, it is the story.
The plot manipulation page stated plot is metafiction, that can be understand as plot view the reality as fictional
Even then metafictional elements don't percieve the world they are a part of as fiction, they are just a part of the fiction as everything else. This comparison between reality and fiction is what designates a qualitative difference, having just fiction and fictional elements without reality doesn't cut it.
Isnt metafiction mean is view the reality as fiction?? Is in the plot manipulation's page. The comparison is literally reality and fiction

The plot manipulation page stated plot is metafiction, that can be understand as plot view the reality as fictional

Isnt metafiction mean is view the reality as fiction?? Is in the plot manipulation's page. The comparison is literally reality and fiction
You are wrong, when a verse uses metafictional elements (for example, plot/narrative/script), then it (the said fictional verse) is considered a metafiction work.
“Metafiction” is a term used to describe stories/verses that are self-aware, with characters or narrators using elements that represent this.

“I erase you from the narrative” is meta, since the character acknowledges he is in a story, and it's erasing a character from the story he is in.

Commonly found in metafictional stories, the plot can be understood as a fundamental aspect of reality once one views that reality as fictional.
It is never said that the plot views reality as fictional, just that plot usually exists as an aspect when there is a being that views reality as fictional.

Manipulating metafictional elements is the definition of what Plot Manipulation is. I'd rather have all Plot Manipulation be qualitatively superior than simply alter the ability into something it's not. We have Fate Manipulation and Causality Manipulation for such non-metafictional usages.

Metafiction is any sort of meta elements involving fiction, any usage of plots or narrative as elements of the world and not metaphors are metaficitonal.
I agree with this. Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back