• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pico's school Deletion

so for some reason, Pico's School profiles were deleted so a bit confused and people want to remake the verse because it's a beloved piece of Newgrounds history and we want it back

I believe it's because we do not allow Flash game characters here.

For edginess yeah it’s pretty edgy but we’ve seen edgier from other series that cover similar topics like South Park which has an episode about school shooting pretty much with the same amount of grace as pico’s school did and also the two characters from zero day are on here too which is a film about two kids planning to shoot up a school from what I can tell haven’t seen it tho. these profiles have been here for a decently long time so we should be able to remake these profiles if we’re ever allowed to again

Well, the verses being "Too edgy" isn't exactly a good reason unless it's too extreme or nothing but inappropriate content and the like. But pages being bad quality or it being a fanmade series rather than a legit publisher is a different story. We don't allow profiles from Newgrounds or Armor Games flash games for similar reasons; it's just not considered published or copyright enough.

We have other newgrounds game characters on the wiki tho. We even have a tag for newgrounds verses and characters.

Eddsworld is an animated cartoon series with a continuity similar to the likes of Big Lez show. I think it was mostly games that people were against allowing.

Though yes, I do see quite a bit of Newgrounds profiles here after searching its category. But some people used to ask if they were allowed and Sera basically said no.

i think if we can allow dad n me and fancy pants pico’s school should fall under the same area talking about published these characters were the mascot for newgrounds for a good while they should have a copyright I don’t think Tom fulp would want them stolen but i have to check that I think there’s a website to check that either way I know Tom fulp doesn’t like his games being yoinked and posted else where with stuff I’ve seen on his Twitter

I understood that the removal of the profiles from Pico's School was by Penilian, since his penis was directly visible in his image

We don't allow profiles from Newgrounds or Armor Games flash games for similar reasons; it's just not considered published or copyright enough.
Most stuff in the "Internet" category aren't that different tho. The standard is kinda vague.

Pico doesen't really have a "lore", as it's basically a Flash Game series. Profiles were deleted due of them being of extremely poor quality ("Speed: Subsonic Attack Speed (has a gun)" to say one).

I agree with the poor quality bit but it does have lore it's while very simple it exists just alien kids shoot up a school now stop them

for pico canon there's nene's interactive suicide, resident pico, pico vs the uber kids, pico vs bear, and Darnell plays with fire which are all the ones made by tom fulp there might be more but yeah that's what we have that's offical

anyway uhh kinda got off track a lil but just to ask quickly if we made the profiles a bit better are the characters gonna be allowed back on here

I asked Antvasima if it's allowed the recreate the Pico's School profiles with better stats, and he said due to being too controversial and obscure it's not allowed, so yeah RIP Pico on the wiki
Here's and sandbox of how the profile would it have looked
Personally I don’t agree with that we have profiles of characters that are school shooters (I believe zero day was the movie)

series that have handled the idea of a school shooting with even more of an offensive tone (South Park is an example)

I also feel like that this was a game made in 1999 people aren’t going to be offended as they were during the game’s initial release

The series was already pretty well known in new grounds culture but exploded in popularity thanks to Friday night funkin so I wouldn’t say that it’s obscure quite the opposite now pico is pretty well known among internet users thanks to fnf

You can ask Antvasima (or other wiki moderator) on his message wall, tell him what you just put here, and see his answer and whether or not Pico's profile can be recreated, if he says it's ok then pog, Pico profile

I’ll do that when I get home it appears pico is believed to be a property that isn’t that set in stone canon wise like we have fancy pants on here who has had several console releases maybe son/dad from dad n me could be a good example on why pico should be allowed since those characters are on here and don’t have console releases or steam releases just newgrounds so maybe that can be used for that argument

Yeah, it's only Adult Swim cartoon quality at worst. Where the dead go to die would be an example of a game "Too edgy". But policies on flash games are a different story.

Yeah, it's only Adult Swim cartoon quality at worst. Where the dead go to die would be an example of a game "Too edgy". But policies on flash games are a different story.
Yeah although pico does have lore in interactive cartoons and other games like pico vs bear, pico vs Uberkids, Darnell plays with fire is one of the cartoons.

when it comes to flash games I know dad n me is a flash game and that’s on here

Back