• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paper Mario downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the Pure Hearts, Mario and pals were unable to hurt Super Dimentio in any shape or form because he was "invincible", the pure hearts only removed thaat invincibility. (Aha, hax.), not overpower nor destroy him, so this is not an AP feat, and Mario has never been "empowered" by the hearts at any point in the story.

Making Mario "Unknown".

https://youtu.be/un7iBUDAOdA?t=537

same video 9:16 Tippi literally says the pure hearts have given us power

so yes the pure hearts empowered them as well as take out super dimentio's invincibility

Hmmm so would this be an upgrade, downgrade, ability addition, or some combination?

The problem is, the pure hearts still needed to take the invincibility away, so, its innacurate to give Mariro and pals 2-B based on the fact they can beat an already weakneded/power nulled 2-B.

It should be unknown or at last 2-C for enduring the destruction of one realm.

Thing is, that depends on whether or not Dimentio was invulnerable due to hax or due to AP gap, if the former, the hearts get Power Null if the latter, they do not.

Also, even after being Nulled and defeated, Dimentio still had enough power left behind to destroy all worlds, the hearts needed to be further powered up by love to be able to destroy the Chaos Heart for good, pretty sure that justifies everyone being 2-B for being able to beat him.

So the Hearts get Power Null, i really don't see any reason to downgrade, the Hearts only removed his invulnerability, they wouldn't have stopped him from destroying everything, hell, even after he died his power was still going to destroy everything.

That does not mean that Super Dimentio's durability is 2-B nor how much the "power" the pure hearts gave was, since gameplay wise, they only heal back the party to full HP, and no stats are actually changed.

The Pure Hearts are still stated to be the only thing that can match the Chaos Heart in power, so I'm sure 2-B is still legit.

Generally, durability and AP are similar, usually the same, with the exception of glass cannon characters, do we have any reason to believe Dimentio to be one? If what you propose was accepted, Dimentio would keep 2-B AP and the heroes would keep 2-B dura, but lose the opposite ones, seems unneccesary.

Well, power null it is, i suppose.

But the pure hearts are still like, outside help.

Does anyone know how (Paper) Mario would be without them?

Super Dimentio is stated to be able to destroy the multiverse and recreate it in his own image with the Chaos Heart, so that seems like a solid 2-B rating. But let's see what DRB has to say.

TheOne134 said:
Does anyone know how (Paper) Mario would be without them?
Same as real Mario, because of being him (even if in this game, he has Low 2-C feats).

By scaling to Dimentio (who is hinted to be higher than Count Bleck with the Dark Prognocticus, and create his own universe) and the feat of survived the destruction of World 6, yes.

I'm pretty sure the Low 2-C stuff is an outlier for the protagonists; Dimentio being Low 2-C at base is reasonable though, as he usually toys with everyone else very casually.

That's why I specified "in this game", I doesn't talk about actual upgrade.

But for Dimentio, why he is tier unknow while he has a Low 2-C justification in a first way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back