• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man - Garou Calculation Issue

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
I've spotted an issue regarding the currently accepted calculation for Garou's feat during chapter 155 of the manga.

Note: So that this thread is not bombarded with posts, it is probably best the Calc Group Members, Staff Members and only very knowledgeable users comment on here.

The Issue

The main problem of this calculation is that it is finding the dimensions of the light structure by taking measurements from this calculation, which is explain in this section:

This is where the problem begins. The size of the hole, which is being currently used for obtaining the structure's size, is inconsistent and is leading to huge disparities between the ends. Instead, I'll be using another panel and using the size of Z city itself. This is the panel where Z City was observed by Gotz Okkie. I'll be taking Z City's size from here.

The image used for the pixelscaling is here:

6Fpjytq.png

But here's the thing, the larger red line there that is being used as the basis for the pixelscaling, is described as "Z City itself" so the diameter of Z City from the above calculation is being used... but there is no basis for this as far as I can tell.

This is just a distant far-off shot of the landmass where the city is based... but nothing about this original page tells us that is the entirety of Z City... And there are no landmarks in that panel that we can point to in order to say it is a full shot of the city.

It's a very simple issue at the root of it; 135 km is the currently accepted figure for Z City's diameter... but the panel used for the pixelscaling has no reasonable basis for being assumed to represent the diameter of Z City. Which would make the subsequent measurements of the calculation wrong, and the entire calc would be unable to be used.

Solution

The best solution for the time being, would probably be for DarthSpiderr's previous version of the calculation to be used. JasonSith has accepted one of the PE ends for it, so it should replace the currently used calc and only a few ratings would have to be adjusted. Other versions of the calc could probably be made, but this one at least can be readily used.

The best solution for the time being, would probably be for DarthSpiderr's previous version of the calculation to be used. JasonSith has accepted one of the PE ends for it, so it should replace the currently used calc and only a few ratings would have to be adjusted. Other versions of the calc could probably be made, but this one at least can be readily used.
Therefir seems to have problems with DarthSpiderr’s calc, so I don’t see how that version is any better than the one we currently use. It’d probably be better to recalc it entirely.

Therefir seems to have problems with DarthSpiderr’s calc, so I don’t see how that version is any better than the one we currently use. It’d probably be better to recalc it entirely.
I have no problem with removing the calc entirely and letting someone else re-calc it. If DarthSpiderr's version is too flawed to be safely used, then it's better not to use it.

But here's the thing, the larger red line there that is being used as the basis for the pixelscaling, is described as "Z City itself" so the diameter of Z City from the above calculation is being used... but there is no basis for this as far as I can tell.
I agree, there's no possible way to know this random landmass is the entirety of Z City.

And the reason why I don't like DarthSpiderr's calc either is because those points of light are not even rocks, but the places where Garou, PS and Flashy are clashing with each other, and as we can see in later chapters they can move in the air even without having to use rocks as platforms.

I agree, there's no possible way to know this random landmass is the entirety of Z City.

And the reason why I don't like DarthSpiderr's calc either is because those points of light are not even rocks, but the places where Garou, PS and Flashy clashing with each other, and as we can see in later chapters they can move in the air even without having to use rocks as platforms.
Understandable, I see the issue with DS's version now.

I think it would be best then if neither version were used.

So instead of using the Z-City to calculate the size of the structure, they should use the scaling we already have for the speed calc of the same light structure.

That's nearly 29 kilometers, less than half of the 76 kilometers currently being used.

Last edited:
Sorry for intruding but it seems we are just scaling everyone to Homeless Emperor High 7-A attack now then?

So instead of using the Z-City to calculate the size of the structure, they should use the scaling we already have for the speed calc of the same light structure.

That's nearly 29 kilometers, less than half of the 76 kilometers currently being used.

This is a bit off topic, but I'm going to rethink the FTL Garou calculation since it uses the distance between the holes instead of the holes themselves. On the same scans in the calculation, we see that the distance between the holes is much greater than in the scaling. The angle makes this not viable and we have to use the diameter of the crater.

This is a bit off topic, but I'm going to rethink the FTL Garou calculation since it uses the distance between the holes instead of the holes themselves. On the same scans in the calculation, we see that the distance between the holes is much greater than in the scaling. The angle makes this not viable and we have to use the diameter of the crater.
Will this downgrade or upgrade the feat?

I completely agree with you, this has been something that it has been bugging me for a while and I even suggested the calculator to just use the holes, but they were really adamant on using the distance between the holes and that strange angle, just to get a slight better result.

Since there are no disagreements for removing the Calc, I'll remove it from the verse page and prepare a CRT so that the scaling implications can be discussed.

Since there are no disagreements for removing the Calc, I'll remove it from the verse page and prepare a CRT so that the scaling implications can be discussed.
the high 7-A/6-C crt should be reopened to discuss the scaling implications, since this thread is basically done

the high 7-A/6-C crt should be reopened to discuss the scaling implications, since this thread is basically done
I'll make a short thread first to address the currently accepted scaling, then that one can be reopened afterwards.

Back