• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Newtons Second Law

Forthegood

He/Him
Dont judge me i am seeking help and seeing how there are 'physicists' among us, i am going take my advantage of this website. Well i am a highschool student and i still dont understand Newtons Second law especially the calculations any recommendations that will help me and make me a goat in this topic because at this point i have given up hope the only marks i score in this topic is the definitions(i understand the definition but the calculations are the problem)

F = m*a, where F is force in Newtons, m is mass in kg, and a is acceleration in m/s^2

These videos do a good job at explaining imo.

Looking at my old physics notes (or at least what I can find of them):

Find the force of a 4000kg truck traveling with an acceleration of 50 m/s^2
F = 4000kg * 50m/s^2 = 200000 N

Find the force of a 0.5 kg ball with an acceleration of 20 m/s^2
F = 0.5kg * 20m/s^2 = 10 N

You can also rewrite the formula as m = F/a or a = F/m

Find the mass of a car if it has a force of 52500 N and acceleration of 35 m/s^2
m = 52500N / 35m/s^2 = 1500 kg

Find the acceleration of a 65kg man with a force of 325 N
a = 325N / 65kg = 5m/s^2

You can look here to convert something to Newtons, Kilograms, or Acceleration

Back