• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New Possible Rule for CRT's

This has been something that I thought of for a while but never actually went through with making a thread for it, until now.

As a suggestion, should we make it a rule that for any content revision thread that is accepted to change a characters statistics, or something about their verse, it needs to be linked on the character's/verse's actual pages in some way? I notice that a lot of times, threads where things are seemingly accepted to add just get lost throughout our site to either be very difficult to locate or never be seen again. This has happened to me as well, where I need to find a specific thread but can never narrow it down or even begin to narrow it down in my searches. I think it would be very useful if any accepted revision is to be linked onto the pages of the character/verse it's for so that anyone who wants to see it, for any reason, can find it immediately.

To give an example: I make a thread for Character A to have his AP and speed be upgraded to 5-B and FTL+. After discussion, the thread is accepted and part of his justification provides a link that leads directly to the thread on which this was discussed and accepted. Or if I want to upgrade the hax of multiple characters from a verse that follow suit, I link the thread on which the hax was discussed and accepted to the verse page to make it easier to organize.

The one thing that I could see making this suggestion pointless is us being able to tag the threads we make with topics that lead to the discussions about the character. However, I feel that is less efficient due to people not always making the title of their threads straightforward and clear enough to actually search for them. Plus, with the links right on the characters/verse's pages, threads can be found much faster and take less work to accomplish.

This is only for big threads right?. Otherwise it would clutter the verses page.

I don't know if this is even necessary but I'll wait to see what others think.

LordGriffin1000 said:
This is only for big threads right?. Otherwise it would clutter the verses page.
I don't know if this is even necessary but I'll wait to see what others think.
It should be for anything that isn't self-explanatory. But im not specifically talking about the verse's pages, it can be for the characters pages as well. Like:

"Attack Potency: Planet Level (insert reasoning)"

What I bolded out could be where the thread is linked in a character's justification.

Agree to this,often times I am having hard time finding where accepted revisions are though I suggest not putting it in any statistic as it will be weird hsivng thread there but rather have those at seperate section made for linking threads which changes things

Though I have a feeling that it will get rejected because it would take too muxh effort to add threads in almost all the profiles

Back