• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Neo Yokio profiles

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Because I'm a sado-*********, can you all help find feats for the verse so we can make profiles?

Whoever helps the most gets a giant Toblerone.

I have seen some Neo Yokio episodes lately. I have a vague recollection of those few episodes.

Also, if you want me to, I'm willing & able to look through Wikipedia episode summaries, Wiki summaries -if Neo Yokio has one- & other such things for it. Searching up the episodes themselves, & keeping an eye out for Respect Threads may also help!

Looking forward to this! & who knows? Maybe someday, I can use this as leverage towards helping ME with a less focused-on 'verse I might like! (Well, maybe.)

That said, so far, I don't remember much that stands out. Only at episode 4 so far, & I didn't see episode 3. (Also, the show has a nice soundtrack.)

The show makes me laugh for all the wrong reasons ovo. How'd you feel about watching it?

It's... interesting. Kind of relaxing to watch, & it doesn't stand out too much, IMHO, but it isn't entirely unpleasant. I've read it's supposed to be a parody of anime, but it doesn't seem too intense on that. I've also read some found the animation jerky, but I haven't focused on that very much. It seems a little slow paced so far. Unsure about how narmy I found it.

Maybe I'm just not good at picking up on these kinds of things.

But yeah. It's not the worst. It's something I'm willing to sleep through for more UNINTERRUPTED sleep, but if I'm awake, I'll pay attention to it, to put it one way.

It's Jaden Smith the anime, if Jaden Smith was an exorcist and only did it the first two episodes and never agai

Watch it, Dragon. You'll see.

@Dragonmasterxyz: IIRC, Neo Yokio is the main setting. From what I've read, the series seems to take place in an alternate history/timeline/world from ours. As a possibly spoilerific example, I'll quote TV Tropes:

• "Japan and Italy seem to have been combined into a single nation called "Giappone." The flag is a white field with a bifurcated red/ green circle in the center."

....I'd like to believe you're jerking, but I feel there's reasonable doubt, given my -admittedly limited- knowledge of Neo Yokio.

Also, is it true Kaz only does Exorcism in the 1st 2 episodes? I'd be surprised, & slightly disappointed, if so.

From what I've heard, yes. Just the first two episodes.

And no, I'm not joking. Soviet China. The flag has the hammer and sickle of the USSR, and has China's star.

While we're being not serious, dumb question: Could someone give me a formatting guide/link? I feel dumb & want to learn how to at least do... I think it's called strikethrough text?

Imaginym said:
While we're being not serious, dumb question: Could someone give me a formatting guide/link? I feel dumb & want to learn how to at least do... I think it's called strikethrough text?
< s > Insert text here < / s >

Do this without the spaces

I'd rather know what the show is about before I decide to waste my precious time with it. I like to know what I'm getting into before I watch something, ergo, hither to, therfore tell me what's a Yokio? It sounds like a rejected Pokemon. ovo

It's the name of the city, Dragon. The city is called Neo Yokio. It's their version of New York.

I actually just decided to watch every episode out of boredom

Seems consistently wall level to me, but that's just my guess based on what I seen

@Imag, yeah, he only exorcises in the first 2 episodes

Dragonmasterxyz said:
And what is the series about? What are the characters? Are they interesting? Are they fun?
Characters: A bunch of people with 1st world problems. Main character is Jaden Smith.

Are they interesting: Yes. For all the wrong reasons.

Are they fun: See "Are they interesting"

Thanks Cal, but is there a more comprehensive formatting guide? Anyway....

DRAGON, I TOLD YOU WHAT YOKIO IS THE FIRST TIME YOU ASKED IN THIS THREAD.

....Sorry. Anyway....

Reading episode summaries. These might have promise:

Kaz finds that keeping the Soviet Union's Grand Prix driver out of trouble is surprisingly difficult. Meanwhile, Arcangelo makes a peace offering.

Kaz and his friends vow to help Helena escape the Remembrancer's clutches, but the Grand Prix complicates their escape.

Also, pretty sure episodes 1 & 2 all have some demon hunting. May be feats there. I haven't seen episode 3. Might be worth looking into.

Also, Kaz's cousin from episode 4 uses his magic for pool cleaning. I think there's at least 1 scene of him using his magic to lift/move a decent amount of water.

To each their own, Dragon. I don't blame you, given its creator. Sorry if I bothered you. Also, oh thank goodness, TVTropes has a Recap Section for it.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/NeoYokio This should be useful for gathering info on whether or not an episode has notable feats, I think.

....Why did I not just search up a Respect Thread first thing https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/72tmd1/respect_kaz_kaan_neo_yokio/

It's from late September 2017, but still good, with categorized descriptions linking to feats! Thank you very much, Reddit! I think we should have a look through that.

Inb4 people stopped caring because now I'm here and I'm taking this even semi-seriously.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but one of Kaz's first feats might be one of his best, then.

That seems to show his blast knocking a man hard enough that his body goes straight through parts of about... 4(?) thin walls. The holes made look like they'd be circular, but most of them hit the sides of the walls. Which suggests he went flying hard enough to pierce multiple walls, & make circular holes, as opposed to say, recoiling off of them.

Also, speed.

If we treat those electricity-like blasts as having Lightning Speed, then Kaz is fast. But whether they're as strong as Lightning -IIRC, we need it to be as strong as Lightning to say it's fast as it, no?- is debatable.

However, we do know he fought a demon &....

It looks like the shockwave/blastwave was strong enough to send 3 people flying into the air. Is that kind of AP where only the blastwave/shockwave is needed high enough to say it's as strong as real lightning? Doubtful, but MAYBE it's worth looking into.

Said demon also seemed capable of tanking his attacks.

IIRC, said demon is also based on a real life art piece. We may be able to find its weight based on that. I think they mention how many diamonds the in-show version of the artpiece has in-universe, however.

May matter because Kaz cuts it in half while inside a painting.

I want people to see these profiles. I want these profiles to beat others. I want Kaz to beat everyone's favorite character, just for all to grieve!

Well if you want that, we should probably get to work. I'm pretty sleepy & kinda lazy, but it's one thing to just talk.

Have you found any notable feats in the episodes? Are you looking through the episodes &/or the TVTropes Recap pages?

Alternatively, we could get to try & quantify or otherwise figure out the feats from the Respect Thread I linked, like the feats I mentioned.

Also, checking, apparently the skull was Platinum cast & had over 8000 Flawless Diamonds. I doubt it's notable AP to cut that in half, is it?

Sorry if I'm being snappy.

Okay if I keep posting stuff here? I'm just going through the episode recaps on TV Tropes right now. Some stuff might be spoilery, but there's only like, 6 episodes out so far anyway.

Back