• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Need help with 6-11 Diemensions

I know that 1D is a point or line, 2D is like width and height, 3D is width, height, and depth or solid, 4D is time, and 5D is outside of time(?), I'm just a bit confused

What exactly are you asking? What exactly are 6-11 dimensions i am assuming? I am not sure what the 6th dimension is either, after all i don't study dimensions in depth, i am sure theories for it probably exists, but all you need to know for the purpose of measuring a characters power, is that a 6D character is infintely above a 5D character, and a 7D infinitely above a 6-D, so on and so forth.

Basically, dimensional space is limited by geometries.

You stated yourself the first dimension is a line, second is a plane and the third is a solid.

The fourth dimension is what we currently live in according to modern understanding of physics, which is length, width, depth and a fourth dimension of time.

String Theory (which is what I am assuming you are referring to) is 11 dimensions, with one extra dimension of time.

Something like that.

As such, if you were a fifth dimensional being, you would be unaffected by fourth dimensional time because you are seperate planes of existence involving time.

This applies to a second dimensional being compared to you as well, as your time and his time are different Since time and space are linked, universe also includes time as well, as the two are linked.

In dirt simple terms, higher dimensional beings = number of planes they exist in be it (x,y), (x,y,z) and w,x,y,z) + 1 dimension of time.

The Orville did an episode on dimensions and I highly recommend people interested in the theory to start there, rather then Green's or Neil DeGrasse Tyson's works.

Hmm...I'm like, 4% sure of what I'm saying but if I'm not wrong, it goes like this:

4D: One object's position in time.

5D: Relates to basic alternate universes. Alternate futures and possibilities from the point in time you're in. This does not include alternate pasts.

6D: Relates to all the possibilities of a universe with the same starting conditions. Does include alternate pasts.

7D: Relates to universes with different laws of physics. For example, a direction in the negative on 7D scale could be lower speed of light, while a direction in the positive could be higher speed of light.

8D: Relates to all the possible different laws of physics.

9D: ??? I got a bit confused there.

10D: Same.

@Saikou That is a very specific hierachy. Lol.

But the fifth dimension is what holds the fourth dimension together. The sixth with the fifth, and so on.

At least, that is how Neil puts it.

A. This is all theoritical. B. I really, really could be wrong.

It is both quantum physics and mathematics, so hard lol.

We are simply using dimensions as a matter of geometry. It is extremely hard for spatially 3D beings to mentally visualise anything beyond 3D + time + parallel universes.

See here for a simple explanation: Higher-Dimensional Manipulation

Back