• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This has been bugging me for a while. Nagato is island level with the Chibaku Tensei. Some of the God tier naruto characters are moon and small planet but that comes from the sages moom thing but why are they not like nagato. The sage and his brother use the seal on kaguya and make the moon, the sage then does it by himself, then naruto and sasuke do it together on kaguya and make the moon but shouldn't they be like Nagato and only be that level with that seal Chibaku Tensei thing. Not trying to downplay I know Toneri split the moon and these characters are stronger. I was just wondering why Nagato is only that with that move when the same should go for them as well or in reverse?.

Its the same thing just on a much smaller scale. I am just saying that Some of the god tiers have only shown that power when using that move (to my knowledge) all the rest of their feats don't compare. So if Nagato is only that level when using that move then why aren't they. Can any of you guys post scans of them doing anything on that level other then with that move? If you can then thanks.

1.Toneri cutting the moon and Naruto stopping the same attack with mid difficulty, taking no damage, on one of his weaker forms (without using Six Paths senjutst).

2.Madara's chibaku tenseis were calced to be around Continent level

3.Kaguya having a planet level feat with her expansive truth seeking ball.

I now understand your consern about this and actually i do have the same view, i would rate them as Multi Continent level, Small Planet level (or Moon level+) with Chibaku tensei.

But we've had had a very very long discussion about this (maybe it reached over a thousand replies counting the 2 or 3 discussion threads and a blog) and it was decided that they should be rated as Moon level.

Ah, I now also understand what LordGriffin is saying. I also agree about the chibaku tensei having it's own rating.

@Kk that must of been some time ago, because I don't recall it being brought up?

@LAS: Mind linking to the thread in question?

@KKapoios: Why would we rate Naruto/Sasuke as Multi-Continent level when both Naruto and Sasuke managed to survive their battle against Kaguya. I need to read the chapter again, but Naruto and Sasuke are explicitly said have received half the power of the Sage of the Six Paths, who is rated Small Planet level.

Naruto and Sasuke have no business getting downgraded to Multi-Continent level.

So Nagato is only Large Island level with Chibaku Tensei because he did nothing else on that level.

The Sage is Small Planet level overall even though he has no other feats but making the moon with the Chibaku Tensei.

Naruto and Sasuke each get half of his power and become Moon to Small Plant level overall even though they only show that level with the Chibaku Tensei.

Madara is small planet level overall scaling from the sage but showed no small plant level feats

Kaguya is Small Planet level overall because she is stronger then the sage but the sage is only that level because of Chibaku Tensei.

Why is Nagato not like them and get Large Island level overall? Or they be like Nagato and only have that rating with Chibaku Tensei.

I'm pretty sure it was placed like that because he can't do it without nearly dying. The top tiers do it with ease though, hence why it's scaled to the AP of their casual attacks.

Nagato was already very weak and frail from when he use the gedo statue when he was a kid and as Pain when he fought naruto a lot of his chakra was already gone from destroying the village so when he used it of course he nearly died. Their casual attacks don't compare to when they use that move.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Nagato was already very weak and frail from when he use the gedo statue when he was a kid
He was also very frail and very weak when he destroyed Konoha Village.

LordGriffin1000 said:
and as Pain when he fought naruto a lot of his chakra was already gone from destroying the village
Assumption. He was completely certain in the capturing the Jinchuriki of the strongest Bijuu as well as the annihilation of every other villager in his way. Clearly, it did not permanently affect his performance unlike the Chibaku Tensei. Furthermore, his condition was what was the main concern. His chakra usage wasn't even brought up as an issue until the very end, after he not only created the Chibaku Tensei but also traded blows with Naruto, as well as everything else.

Further chakra exhaustion is followed by the characteristics of tiredness and unconsciousness (see kakashi at wave and Naruto in The Last).

Bleeding occurs when a great exertion of effort is needed to cast a jutsu as shown in amaterasu. Clearly mere chakra exhaustion cannot be blamed as he still managed to contend with a chakra powerhouse like Naruto immediately onwards.

LordGriffin1000 said:
so when he used it of course he nearly died. Their casual attacks don't compare to when they use that move.
The only reason you consider this to be the case is because Pain is rated this way. You have yet to make a proper case. There are certain occurrences in which we rate a character by a single move. Naruto and Sasuke do not qualify.

Don't Qualify!! Are you serious? They haven't shown anything on that level at all. Only when they use that move. A move that is actually a sealing move that I think shouldn't scale to their normal AP as it seem to not matter if they were weak or not as they only needed to touch Kaguya and the seal created the moon just like The sage and his brother. Nagato was the only one shown to actually create the black orb to gather the rocks using his chakra unlike the rest of them who only showed it with that seal on their hands. I still believe the only reason he almost died was because all the chackra he spent and using this move over did it in my opinion. If he is not rated like them because he nearly dies when using that move then ok my question has been answered and you can close this thread.

Well, LordGriffin1000 might have a point about that this is the only move that seems to rate the characters this high, whereas their regular attacks have not shown anywhere near as much destructive power.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Don't Qualify!! Are you serious? They haven't shown anything on that level at all.
False. There is a planet level attack in Naruto. Toneri and KCSM Naruto are already rated in the highest ends of Multi-Continental as well and considering KCSM Naruto is literally one of his weakest forms, the god tiers don't even need to. By power-scaling the same ratings would still apply. If anything this one move simply ensures the rating. A downgrade would be pointless in my opinion.

Only when they use that move. A move that is actually a sealing move that I think shouldn't scale to their normal AP as it seem to not matter if they were weak or not as they only needed to touch Kaguya and the seal created the moon just like The sage and his brother.

This is not fuinjutsu. The seal was a result of the Sage of Sixth's paths power. If any random mooch could do it then he wouldn't have needed to supply them with his power at all.

Also performing the move taught Sasuke how to use the Chibaku Tensei. Something that shouldn't have happened if the Seal did all the work.

Nagato was the only one shown to actually create the black orb to gather the rocks using his chakra unlike the rest of them who only showed it with that seal on their hands. I still believe the only reason he almost died was because all the chackra he spent and using this move over did it in my opinion. If he is not rated like them because he nearly dies when using that move then ok my question has been answered and you can close this thread.

You mention Nagato yet he himself admitted the small Moon he created is nothing compared to that of the sage himself.

Nonetheless you're free to your opinions.

I think that TheMightyRegulator makes sense. Should we close this thread, or do we need to adjust any statistics first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back