• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Motobe revisions (Baki)

Our Motobe profile is lacking. So...yeah.

1. Expanding his Martial Art's section.

For a Martial Arts series like Baki,' it shouldn't be acceptable to just list, "Martial Art's" with no elaboration.

I propose to change it to something like

Martial Arts (Master Jutijsu fighter, having dedicated his life to pursuing the "Ultimate Form of Combat Jujitsu", his skill is regarded as legendary, even by Orochi Doppo) (Chapter 9, Baki the Grappler)

2. Adding to his standard equipment section.

So uh, His standard equipment section is very vague, which, considering Motobe is at his best when he's got his equipment, means it's harder to accurately put him in matches. So here is a list of equipment that he's used throughout the series, to my knowledge.

A Katana.

Smoke-Screen Balls (Baki-Dou Chapter 70)

A Wooden Sword (Baki-Dou Chapter 93)

Various blades and knives (Baki-Dou Chapter 94)

A coat made of Aramid Fibers. (Baki-Dou Chapter 95)

Bombs (Baki-Dou Chapter 96 and 127)

Shurikens (Baki-Dou Chapter 96)

Ropes (Baki-Dou Chapter 97)

A Kusari-fundo (Baki-Dou Chapter 96, 97, and128)

A Short-spear (Baki-Dou Chapter 129)

Brass Knuckles (Not sure what these are called) (Baki-Dou Chapter 129)

Chainmail Armor (Baki-Dou Chapter 130)

Blinding Powder (Baki-Dou, Chapter 125)

A panel of Motobe showing the weapons he keeps on his person (Baki-Dou Chapter 97)

Another image showing the various weapons he's "always packing" (Baki-Dou Chapter 92)

Another image of weapons, which Motobe implies he can use in combat. (Baki-Dou Chapter 69)

More panels showing weapons Motobe can wield as standard or optional equipment (Baki-Dou Chapter 90)

He is also shown to improvise weapons on the fly, such as glass bottles and cigarettes (Baki-Dou Chapter 93 and 126)

So basically, I'm thinking of adding most of these to his equipment section, along with some of the images, so people get a better idea of the notable equipment Motobe possesses.

3. Adding Justification to his Stamina section.

Motobe is able to continue fighting Musashi despite having both legs and his right arm crippled, in addition to having a collapsed lung and a smashed clavicle. Proceeding to choke out his opponent with nothing but his left arm and his teeth (Baki-Dou 132) . This is pretty impressive and should definitely be noted in his stamina section.

4. Adding to his P&A

Acrobatics (Performed an agile Drop-kick during his fight with Jack Hammer)

likely Acid Manipulation (Taught Gaia how to use Acid capsules) (Baki-Dou Chapter 91)

Limited Smoke Manipulation (Via smoke bombs)

Limited Explosion Manipulation (Via bombs)

Preparation (With prep time, he can form strategies, such as setting up poisoned cigarettes and Sake in an attempt to kill Musashi) (Baki-Dou Chapter 126)

Afterimage Creation (created an afterimage while dodging Retsu's attack) (Baki-Dou, Chapter 49)

Limited resistance to Explosion Manipulation and Piercing Attacks (His coat was described as "Bomb-Proof" and "puncture-resistant") (Baki-Dou Chapter 95)

5. Adding Justification to his Stealth Mastery

Motobe was able to escape from an Enraged Yujiro Hanma using a smoke bomb, Despite Yujiro's Extrasensory Perception and Enhanced Senses) (Baki-Dou Chapter 78-79)

he was also able to Sneak behind Baki after using a smokescreen, although it was noted that Baki would have reacted differently if Motobe had killing intent) (Baki-Dou Chapter 70)

6. Adding Justification to his Weapon Mastery.

Just a simply adding justification to it. Something like.

Weapon Mastery (Has mastered a large number of Shinobi weapons and tools)

7. increasing his Range.

As shown in previous scans' Motobe has access to several ranged weapons, including throwing weapons. By virtue of these weapons, his range should be upgraded to Several meters. Meaning his range section would look like:

Range: Standard Melee Range, up to Several Meters with weapons.

8. Upgrading his attack potency.

so right now, he's listed as Small Building level without his equipment. However, this is inaccurate.

Even without his equipment, he was able to nearly destroy Retsu's elbow in a single move (Baki-Dou Chapter 49)

This is further supported by the fact that he is shown capable of physically harming characters that can endure his weapon strikes, such as Jack Hammer (Baki-Dou Chapter 97).

So his new AP should be: At least City Block level+ (Nearly destroyed Retsu's elbow in a single attack, managed to damage and draw blood from Jack Hamna with his physical strikes) Higher with equipment (With his full set of weapons, Motobe defeated Jack Hanma and Musashi Miyamoto. Although Motobe was the first to admit Musashi did not consider him to be a true threat and merely an opponent)

His durability can stay the same I think (?). To my knowledge, he's never taken a physical blow in Baki Dou without wearing his specially made coat.

This only applies to his Baki-Dou key. His first key is fine.

But also might add that since I was to bust with college and work I can finally get the scaling down. Motobe worth equipment will definitely be 7-C

But also might add that since I was to bust with college and work I can finally get the scaling down. Motobe worth equipment will definitely be 7-C
The 7-C stuff should probably be handled in a separate revision.

There are like, multiple characters that should be scaling to 7-C at this point, the verse needs a verse-wide revision for that.

Back