• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Modern Shounen suffering from something huge

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Whats up with current Authors and their meteor Fetishes

i mean look at this

Naruto

One piece

Bleach

and Recently

Fairy tail

O_O whats the deal..

this could be a deadly disease that might be spreading across the globe.. "Meteoritetes" not long from now your fav anime which might not have a meteor will eventully get one.. its only a matter of time black clover,BNH and haikyuu XD.

what other anime/manga do you think suffers from "Meteoritetes"

Meteor-summoning quirk in Boku no Hero when?

There's one too in OPM with Tatsumaki squishing a derpzilla.

@aiden Yeah since Jellal was first lol

Still Saitama is the most epic one:)

Oh no I just saw a meteor in lucky star.

Imagine Nichijou profiles, characters there were shown to destroy planets like nothing haha :)

Jesus I forgot about that scene. I ask because I'm watching the series now, and was about to say "Planet Level Nichijou????"

Haha it's a gag anime it's basically everyday moments just completely exaggerated like the pain is big that scream destroys several planets haahh

WilliamShadow said:
Honestly I think Fubuki from OPM is best designed female like really in particular in the manga.
Yup Murata puts gr8 attention towards Fubuki's curves 4 the pervs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Joseph619 said:
One Punch Man is not a shone
Shounen - A genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young male audience, typically characterized by action-filled plots.

OPM at least partially fits this description

You never saw the OPM Webcomic? It's legit.

http://*********.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Onepunch-Man--ONE----101?id=321624

Well either way ONE's works got better from that since he decided to try, and massively slow down his updates in the process.

Mp100 is where he tries anyway

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-q2BvYYYcTT4/U4grL15VzbI/AAAAAAABO9M/ofmyvBK_h4s/s0/008.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wFGj7USi3Vs/U4grT8PGJZI/AAAAAAABO-M/ezsBZ1RA8MQ/s0/016.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JG20fRSHp5I/VoW65lc6EUI/AAAAAAAB_54/g2e8C4MIGmY/s0-Ic42/004.png

Virtually all tropes have been done repeatedly before at this point. It is hard to avoid using what is appropriate for a situation.

In addition, a meteorite annihilating most or all life on the planet is one of a few major existential threats to humanity, so it is grounded in real world concerns.

WeeklyBattles said:
Joseph619 said:
One Punch Man is not a shone
Shounen - A genre of Japanese comics and animated films aimed primarily at a young male audience, typically characterized by action-filled plots.
OPM at least partially fits this description
Shonen or seinen manga is determined by the magazine they're published in, not the viewer demographic. Plenty of seinen manga has childish content and many shonen manga has mature content. Shonen and seinen are not even genre

I agree that they are demographics that contain plenty of different genres.

and haikyuu XD
actually having a char attacking so fast and so strong that it is called "meteor" smash or something like that doesnt seem so farfetched XD

PS: there is also a stand from jojo part 6 that is only about summoning meteors from outer space XD

Back