• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MLP Upgrade (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my take on it. Singular dreams are already confirmed to be 2A structures, and Luna herself states she is already capable of creating shared dreams.

However, the shared dream with every resident of Ponyville takes great strain on her and her magical ability (though she does manage to use magic to attack and slightly harm the Tantabus), which does tie it into her UES. Finally, she outright states that it's taking all of he strength to "hold such a massive dream together," implying it is larger in size than the average 2A dream.

With her own words taken into context, I would argue that she definitely made a massive merged dream out of everyone's 2A dream strictures and continuously sustained it, rather than soley bringing other dream selves into her dream.
Basically, everything I wanted to say. It makes more sense that she dragged the dreams into her shared dream. If all she was doing was dragging the mental selves of the Ponyville residents into her dream, then the dream wouldn't have to be any bigger than a normal dream.

So, personally speaking, I believe context implies a merging of dreams is occurring.

This is my take on it. Singular dreams are already confirmed to be 2A structures, and Luna herself states she is already capable of creating shared dreams.

However, the shared dream with every resident of Ponyville takes great strain on her and her magical ability (though she does manage to use magic to attack and slightly harm the Tantabus), which does tie it into her UES. Finally, she outright states that it's taking all of he strength to "hold such a massive dream together," implying it is larger in size than the average 2A dream.
I am fine with this justification for 2-A.

It can be applied then. Remember to cite this thread for justification on the edit.

If you haven't, remember to add the blog to the verse page (edit: and if it hasn't been made yet, do it) for explanation on the tiering too.

It can be applied then. Remember to cite this thread for justification on the edit.

If you haven't, remember to add the blog to the verse page (edit: and if it hasn't been made yet, do it) for explanation on the tiering too.
In regards to making a blog, wouldn't this thread and the previous one do just fine, since they detail the cosmology being scaled to and the feat associated with it?

No real reason to bump anything by this point. All that's left is an explanation blog, which probably should be linked here for proofreading.

I was in the process of making a new explanation blog, and as I was re-reading through the comics for the appropriate scans, I caught wind of Celestia doing this in response to Nightmare Moon using the Nyx to corrupt the dreams of all Equestria (She says she wants access to all Equestria's minds in the upper left image). In Fiendship Issue 4, Nightmare Moon tries invading Celestia's mind, fails because Celestia's mind was protected, and chose to infect the dreams of all Equestria to corrupt how they view Celestia, turning their dreams into a collective Nightmare.

Celestia promptly undoes all of this, and we actually see her magic re-warping the Nightmares to their normal state in the form of a magic wave. Since Nightmare Moon was using the Nyx to influence all of Equestria, this would mean undoing countless Nightmares at the same time. I was wondering if this could potentially be added to Celestia's profile instead of just scaling to Luna?

Last edited:
I was in the process of making a new explanation blog, and as I was re-reading through the comics for the appropriate scans, I caught wind of Celestia doing this in response to Nightmare Moon using the Nyx to corrupt the dreams of all Equestria (She says she wants access to all Equestria's minds in the upper left image). In Fiendship Issue 4, Nightmare Moon tries invading Celestia's mind, fails because Celestia's mind was protected, and chose to infect the dreams of all Equestria to corrupt how they view Celestia, turning their dreams into a collective Nightmare.

Celestia promptly undoes all of this, and we actually see her magic re-warping the Nightmares to their normal state in the form of a magic wave. Since Nightmare Moon was using the Nyx to influence all of Equestria, this would mean undoing countless Nightmares at the same time. I was wondering if this could potentially be added to Celestia's profile instead of just scaling to Luna?
Sure. Looks good for a supporting feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back