• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As we all know this site has indexed well over 100 types of P&A but simply put some imo are redundant while there are potentially other P&A that have yet to be indexed here:

Redundant: Fear manipulation is just discount Empathic manipulation and we've already gotten rid of Willpower Manipulation for similar reasons too plus fear is quite literally described as an emotion in official psychological text, sadness manipulation when?

Needed: Stamina manipulation, I'm honestly surprised that this P&A hasn't gotten a page yet (This isn't enough) considering how common it is in fiction (DBH and Pokémon characters first come to mind but there's Scarlet Witch too) plus its common in fiction for characters to have abilities that; drain stamina, heal stamina, temporarily grant unlimited stamina and more. Also stamina is commonly treated as a secondary health bar in various videogames (like SP, PP, MP, etc) so it's fundamentally different from stat amps/reduce also stat amps/reduce should just be merged into a Statistics manipulation page tbh.

What other P&A do y'all find redundant and/or what new P&A would you add?

Also P&A stands for "Powers and Abilities" for those of you at the back, I didn't figure that out until a few months after joining the Wiki.

I believe it was planned to remove fear manip in the future... or perhaps it was considered to common to be removed even tho its a direct subpower of emoathic power, no longer sure.

If you have any idea of a power that is common enough and is worth indexing you can comment innthe P&A Addition Thread, so people can evaluate it there.

Another stam bump! Also...
I believe it was planned to remove fear manip in the future... or perhaps it was considered to common to be removed even tho its a direct subpower of emoathic power, no longer sure.

If you have any idea of a power that is common enough and is worth indexing you can comment innthe P&A Addition Thread, so people can evaluate it there.
While fear manipulation is indeed a common enough abilitiy in fiction so is the manipulation of other specific emotions or psychological states: sadness, hope, despair, etc so why does fear get special treatment while other emotions get put under the umbrella of Empathic manipulation? (Or sometimes Mind/Madness manipulation and Social Influencing?). Its pretty double standards and surprisingly inconsistent imo.

Yeah the whole purpose of this thread is to gather new P&A additions and ideas from users (like myself) who are kinda on the fence with them and to drum up some support for these additions while sharing different PoV before officially posting on the P&A additions thread.

Last edited:
I mean, we generally also do that in the P&A Addition, and since there's more people following that thread, you may have more chances of getting more input in your inquiry.

Would Stamina Manipulation cover abilities or items that allow one to regain stamina?

Back