• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Super Shadow addition to speed

So Base Shadow's speed goes up when he takes off his inhibitor rings, which makes sense as he blitzed an army of Mephiles clones who should each be as fast as his normal base.

Since Super Shadow gets the same AP boost without his limiters as his base gets, he should get a similar speed boot.

This, Super Shadow's speed section should be: "MFTL+ to Immeasurable, faster with Super Sonic Boost and Turbo Boost, even faster without Limiters.

This is my first Sonic CRT so plz have mercy if I messed something up

So Base Shadow's speed goes up when he takes off his inhibitor rings, which makes sense as he blitzed an army of Mephiles clones who should each be as fast as his normal base.

Since Super Shadow gets the same AP boost without his limiters as his base gets, he should get a similar speed boot.

This, Super Shadow's speed section should be: "MFTL+ to Immeasurable, faster with Super Sonic Boost and Turbo Boost, even faster without Limiters.

This is my first Sonic CRT so plz have mercy if I messed something up
This was actually a thing at one point before the Boost CRT. Must have accidentally been removed when that was applied. So yeah this makes sense.

I'm wondering how much of a speed boost the no-limiter stuff is for Shadow...

Would you or @BlastX have any idea how much of a speed boost no-limiter Shadow is compared to his Base?
Oof, don't quite think we have any numbers to work with regarding the buff Shadow gets. I mean, at least 2x as strong is a given but I don't think we can get anything precise. At least not yet, from what I know

Oof, don't quite think we have any numbers to work with regarding the buff Shadow gets. I mean, at least 2x as strong is a given but I don't think we can get anything precise. At least, not from what I know
Then why is it on his profile if we don't know that he even gets faster?

Since we see his AP is many times stronger, do we just assume his speed gets a similar boost of many times?

Then why is it on his profile if we don't know that he even gets faster?

Since we see his AP is many times stronger, do we just assume his speed gets a similar boost of many times?
Because Mephiles' clones don't even get a chance to react when Shadow starts blasting through them.

And nah, AP and Speed don't scale similarly unless it's supported (like the linear Kaio-Ken). So Shadow is currently just a higher degree of speed.

Because Mephiles' clones don't even get a chance to react when Shadow starts blasting through them.
So we at least know it's blitz-level speed amp. That's something, especially considering Mephiles should have the same reactions as Shadow, whose reactions scale to his/Sonic's boost, which is 8x normal speed.

Even Sonic in a slower key had reactions 4x above his normal speed.

Shadow's Limiters-off form is x12 stronger than his Base, but the speed boost is ambiguous because unless stated, Power and Speed don't amp linearly.

Cause it scales above his Chaos Blast, which is x12 Shadow's normal AP
I see that now, after looking at Shadow's profile.

Shadow's base limiters already scale above his 8x speed boosts, and asides from that he blitzed Mephiles clones, who should also have 8x reaction speed, before any of them could even react.

Back