• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Mewtwo revision

A small one, but Detective Pikachu reveals that Mewtwo's cells are the source of the beserk gene.

Not quite. They have to be refined to incite it in pokemon, althogh it means Mewtwo likely has the ability

Although... if you want to be technical, power copying or absorbing Mewtwo would cause insanity in that case.

Also, how does that play into Mewtwo, who is constantly exposed to the berserk gene in every cell? Does that play into his mental resistances?

No clue.

In context, what happened was that a group of scientists attempted to create a miracle drug using Mew's cells, but instead use Mewto's cells whic results in the drug being a steroid that causes intense rage and minor memory loss. Considering what we see of pure Mewtwo cells being made into R (The Drug), and the fact they have a few crates full of drug, means it only takes a little to drive a Pokemon isane. Considering that Mewtwo itself is perfectly fine throughout the story, it doesn't suffer any adverse effects from said gene.

Not really proof he has Madness Manip or anything.

A God has the cells to grant abilities to others, but they don't necessarily have that ability themselves.

If it needs to be refined it probably doesn't apply to Mewtwo itself, unless i'm missing something.

At best it would mean that someone who absorb Mewtwo would go berserk while digesting it or something along those lines.

I actually don't know i it has to be refined now that I think of it. It really just happened because they used Mewtwo instaead of Mew, and is explicitly stated to have caused Mewtwo's initial aggression. I will say the only thing we know for sure is that Mewtwo likely has the Genes effects, or if he doesn't, should resist.

Being exposed to a gene doesn't mean much.

Dopamine is the source of your emotions, but it's not like you'd instantly get emotive if you were ever exposed to it.

I mean, if it's the thing that caused Mewtwo's initial aggression, it shouldn't be resistance.

And the gene being in Mewtwo's DNA doesn't mean that he can use that power as he wants.

The problem is that it did explicitly effectt Mewtwo with just the genes until he overcame it I guess.

Also, IIRC, the edits they were trying to make were attempting to lessen the effetcs, so, again, take that as you will.

Kaltias said:
I mean, if it's the thing that caused Mewtwo's initial aggression, it shouldn't be resistance.
And the gene being in Mewtwo's DNA doesn't mean that he can use that power as he wants.
It really either means he overcame it or he has it. I don't think there is really a in between for that.

Kaltias said:
Is the effect permanent otherwise? Or it lasts only for a while?
It lasts only a while, but they were trying to make it so that it A. Lasted longer and B. Left communiction possible.

I really don't care what the verdict is honestly. Could really mean anything, or nothing.

Kepekley23 said:
Being exposed to a gene doesn't mean much.

Dopamine is the source of your emotions, but it's not like you'd instantly get emotive if you were ever exposed to it.
Thing is, Pokémon do go mad when exposed to the gene.

Also, a bit off topic, but sub-relavistic Tim Goodman is consistent. I might make him a profile just for the memes.

Back