• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Might Guy upgrade

no, wait, what, regular rinnegan madara isn't country level, and pre second eye juubi madara is country level by being powerscaled from obito's actual feats, and thats the form that Gai mutilated, there is no indication that Gai is superior to sage mode madara after the latter recieved his second rinnegan eye (which is the form he had his CT feat), no upgrade is needed...

Again, One Rinnegan Madara could tank Naruto's Continent level attacks, and they did much less damage to him than Night Guy.

Really? I thought that the others just told me that Gai mutilated sage mode Madara? Regular Rinnegan Madara is listed as Country level, so if that is what Gai/Guy is scaled from, he should likely be listed as the same.

Guy mutilated Sage Madara with one Rinnegan. The same Madara who could tank Six Paths Naruto's attacks which he would later use to destroy Madara's Chibaku Tensei Meteors..

Hmm. So Madara had absorbed the 10-tails at that point?

when madara absorbed the shinju, he had no eyes as they were taken from him, his ass got kicked by but after he had regained only one rinnegan eye with which he couldn't do his CT feat, after regaining his second rinnegan eye, he did the CT feat, and at the form (Juubi+2 eyes) there is no indication that Gai is superior to him.

All right then. I think that the upgrade seems reasonable in that case.

@Illuminati: Actually Madara already had one Rinnegan by the time he absorbed the Shinju. The version of Madara that Guy almost killed was Ten Tails Jinchuuriki and had one Rinnegan. That was the same Madara who fought Naruto and could tank his Continent level attacks which Naruto would use to destroy the CT meteors Madara made.

Well, I am tired. I will let the other staff members weigh in with their opinions.

the attack came after, therefore its power cannot apply to guy.

you don't powerscal beckwords in time without an uber backed up reason, we have no indication that gai is superior to madara when the latter preformed his CT feat...

That is true, but the 10-tails is significantly above country level, and Madara possessed its power.

We do know that Naruto was Continent level at the time after gaining the Six Paths powerup and the same attacks he used to destroy Madara's meteors did less damage to Madara then Night Guy did. It doesn't matter if Naruto destroyed the meteors after Madara had got his second Rinnegan, because he didn't get any powerups during that time so it's not like his attacks got any more powerful than when he was fighting one Rinnegan Madara...

can you be sure of that? is there a reason that madara would want his second rinnegan, if it didn't give him more power?

this basic powerscaling rules that you are ignoring. not some vague special case...

Madara did gain more power after getting his second Rinnegan. My point is that he also had Continent level durability with one Rinnegan because he was able to tank Naruto's Continent level attacks with less damage than Night Guy did to him. Naruto didn't get any powerup after Madara had gotten his second Rinnegan and yet he was able to destroy his CT meteors with the same attacks he had been using before Madara had got his second Rinnegan which are Continent level and which were doing less damage to one Rinnegan Madara then Night Guy...

Well, as I have said several times, I am mentally worn down, have a hard time to focus, my judgement is off, amd I will leave soon because of it, so I am not certain either way in my current condition.

How about if I change Guy to "At least Country level, possibly Continent level"? Would this be an acceptable compromise?

There are no assumptions... Six Paths Naruto's attacks were Continent level yet they did less damage to One Rinnegan Madara than Night Guy did. The only way you can argue Guy isn't Continent level is by also arguing Naruto's attacks weren't Continent level at the time which would literally be impossible since he got no new powerup during the whole time he was fighting Madara...

all i am saying that pre-secon reinnegan juubi madara isn't necessarily continent level, even based on what was shown, you don't powerscal beckwards in time, which means the continent stat should only be awarded to characters who have managed to hurt madara significantly enough after the feat...

Are you arguing that Naruto's attacks when he was fighting Madara with one Rinnegan were only Country Level but then they somehow became Continent level and able to destroy Madara's meteors after Madara had got his second Rinnegan despite the fact that Naruto was using the same attacks and had gotten literally no powerup during that time? Sorry but that makes no sense at all. Night Guy was clearly shown to be stronger than Naruto's attacks at the time...

sorry, but that might fall on PIS, which is something Kishimoto does a lot, in short it still seems to much of a 'looking back' approach, which we tend to avoid in powerscaling, just like we do not edjust pre-skip characters to post-skip characters (except for special cases), the same rule applies here...this is all i have to say about the subject...

I don't see how we can just dismiss it as PIS. Naruto's attacks were Continent level during the whole fight with Madara, it's not really possible to argue otherwise since he got no new powerups during the whole fight. His attacks were able to destroy Madara's CT. Those same attacks could also be tanked by one Rinnegan Madara and did less damage than Night Guy. Thus Night Guy is Continent level since it was clearly shown to be more powerful than Naruto's attacks at the time.

To give an example from another series, what you're arguing is basically the eqivalent of saying Raditz should only be Island level since he shouldn't be scaled to Piccolo's Moon busting feat because it happened after Raditz's death.

raditz was acknowlged to be as strong as the Saibaman, which were around the level of Piccolo at the sayen saga, which is stronger then he was when he busted the moon....

you do have point, but i think its more PIS that naruto could have deflacted them, hmm. tomato tomato i guess... anyway my opinion stays the same....

Saibamen? Piccolo fought one Saibaman after training for a year after Raditz's death and one shot it. But yeah we can agree to disagree on this matter, although most people who have commented do support the upgrade..

Around the level of Piccolo? Piccolo was superior to the Saibamen, at the time the second strongest person without having any power-ups or BS was Tien and Krillin was also capable of holding his own against the Saibamen. Piccolo had surpassed Radish already, dude.

But that's not a conversation for here.

Back