• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meta-Fictional Ultra Series Revision (And some other stuff included)

WanderingGecko

Username Only

Ultraman Max Episode 22: Butterfly Dream

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey there folks! Before starting, I'd like to explain the premise of the episode first so that you guys could have a better understanding of what I'm revising here and who actually scales to it.

Link to the episode is here.

Premise

The episode follows a writer who falls asleep while working and begins dreaming that he is the character Kaito from the Ultraman Max TV series. In his dreams, Kaito interacts with a mysterious woman who is creating a powerful monster called Madeus that can feed on dreams and destroy the world. The writer realizes he is dreaming himself as Kaito, and when he wakes up, he finds himself actually living out the events of the Ultraman Max story. Kaito and the writer become interchangeable, with the writer able to edit the script and influence the events of the show. Madeus is summoned into the real world, and as the writer wakes up, the mysterious woman who created the monster appears in his room.

The Upgrade

We are shown that there is, in fact, a Real World in the wider multiverse of the Ultra Series, with Mr. Hanusuma being one of those creators. They view the series as blatant fiction and have the power to totally change the outcome of the episodes by manipulating its script. Kaito, at the end of the episode, switched places with Mr. Hanusuma and was able to help him defeat Madeus after he transformed into Ultraman Max by making him explode Madeus from the inside.

Who scales, and what does this change? Absolutely nothing, as the only ones who scale to the Plot Manipulation and 1-A (?) are the writers like Mr. Hanusuma, who can freely change the scripts of the Ultra Series and Madeus who is in the same realm as Mr. Hanusuma. The writers' abilities are indeed metafictional, as we see them directly involving the scripts and narrative of the Ultraman Max story. Mr. Hanusuma also gets Summoning via Dream Manipulation, as he can summon kaijus just by dreaming about them in the Real World.

Minor Revision

It has been bugging me out for some time, so I might as well change it up. Tartarus has a possibly 2-C rating because at that time, we were not 100% sure who deleted multiple universes at the same time, but it has been proven that Tartarus is the strongest enemy at the time and that his ability is golden in nature. Meaning that the one who could possibly do such a feat at that time (That statement chronologically came before the UCL storyline intro).

Now, who scales to this? The God of Ultras, who only got the possibly rating the same as Tartarus, like Ultraman King.

The minor revision is canceled and has been changed into this thread instead.

Agree: @RM97 @Livinmeme
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
So is the Ultraman Max TV series completely fictional to the Real World? Also, how did the entities from the fictional world interact with the Real World?
Depending upon these, it could put Real World as 1-A.

So is the Ultraman Max TV series completely fictional to the Real World? Also, how did the entities from the fictional world interact with the Real World?
Depending upon these, it could put Real World as 1-A.
Yep, the writer of the series merely sees it as fiction and so does his friends. They got there because of his powers to summon them via his dream and in turn switched places with him (Kaito’s case).

I still think that Mr. Hanusuma should be the only one that scales here, other than that I'm a bit iffy though.
Madeus is also a Real World inhabitant, idk where you’re getting the idea that he doesn’t scale too.

Iffy on what? Elaborate properly.

Madeus is also a Real World inhabitant, idk where you’re getting the idea that he doesn’t scale too.
Except if Madeus is the director himself then he wouldn't scale to that extent neither.
You know better than me it's the Real World, Mr. Hanusuma and the director himself that only has the qualitative superiority over them, Madeus being in a script simply disqualifies it and Kaito switching places with Mr. Hanusuma doesn't really mean anything as Kaito doesn't scale to this regardless.

Being in a 1-A realm doesn't give you anything, with the fact that immersion is getting removed from this wiki + other than those I mentioned earlier which actually has "real" qualitative superiority, nobody scales.

Except if Madeus is the director himself then he wouldn't scale to that extent neither.
You know better than me it's the Real World, Mr. Hanusuma and the director himself that only has the qualitative superiority over them, Madeus being in a script simply disqualifies it and Kaito switching places with Mr. Hanusuma doesn't really mean anything as Kaito doesn't scale to this regardless.
You totally misunderstood my point. The Madeus I’m talking about is the Real World version, the one Hanusuma conjures up just by imagining it. Again, idk what you’re talking about lol.

Being in a 1-A realm doesn't give you anything, with the fact that immersion is getting removed from this wiki + other than those I mentioned earlier which actually has "real" qualitative superiority, nobody scales.
Except that those 1-A people could literally delete the multiverse whenever they like and there’s a Real World kaiju that Hanusuma created. Watch the episode properly next time.

You totally misunderstood my point lol. The Madeus I’m talking about is the Real World version, the one Hanusuma conjures up just by imagining it. Again, idk what you’re talking about lol.

Except that those 1-A people could literally delete the multiverse whenever they like and there’s a Real World kaiju that Hanusuma created. Watch the episode properly next time.
I don't really have much to say, really. But wasn't Madeus created from clay in the first place instead of Hanusuma creating it? You do know it's Hanusuma and the girl (mainly) that creates it, how would 1-A and non 1-A creating something would result in 1-A? That just doesn't add up.

Should've worded it better, also since when was there 2 Madeus? Based on that premise, the same "Madeus" that you meant probably wouldn't be the one that was created from clay..

I don't really have much to say, really. But wasn't Madeus created from clay in the first place instead of Hanusuma creating it? You do know it's Hanusuma and the girl (mainly) that creates it, how would 1-A and non 1-A creating something would result in 1-A? That just doesn't add up.
As I’ve said before, watch the episode properly and you’ll understand why the argument you’re making of saying that Madeus doesn’t scale to Hanusuma is straight up absurd.

But in short, there’s a 2nd Madeus, a Real World version that appeared at the end of the episode.

But in short, there’s a 2nd Madeus, a Real World version that appeared at the end of the episode.
Yeah, ngl you should've worded it better because I'm pretty sure everyone that watched it first would've come to the same conclusion as mine. I didn't even know there's a 2nd Madeus in the first place lmao.

Alright then.

Back