• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Doing a lot of threads today, but yea this will probably be long.

Lets start with Nagumo Hajime.

He needs 4 keys, the first two are fine, but in addition he needs two more, they should be after evolving with sublimation magic and end of series or during his fight with Ehito? Lets just stick with after evolving with sublimation magic and end of series to keep things simple.

Before i get to all the ap upgrades and hax upgrades, have to address the characters durability. Before i thought they were glass canons due to the fact that they seemingly got hurt by weak attacks, after finishing the series i have learned a number of things. For one those attacks weren't weak since even from the first arc of the series Hajime was already town level since a monster who shows up later on could take on monsters from the 90th level of the abyss, that monster, inaba fought equally with Eri, who was made an apostle, apostles are even with Hajime after compensation. Hajime in the first arc conquered Orcus Labyrinth which had a 100 levels but that's only cause he had Yue's help, he had trouble with Tio Clarce, whom he stated was on the level of monsters of the 90th level of the abyss.

The 2nd reason why they aren't glass canons is that they tank attacks from people comparable to them, although this is due to them having body strengthening abilities. Naturally most aren't durability, for example just after compensation hajime feel from a high place in the air and hurt his leg, he hadn't yet learned any body strengthening techniques, later on he did and tanked various attacks.

So back to the ap upgrades, after evolving with sublimation magic, Hajime stated that even without using limit break he could defeat apostles. In other words he is superior to his self from before which makes him At least Town level and High Hypersonic. With Limit Break he is Large Town level (Pierced through a pillar of light Yue couldn't) and Massively Hypersonic (Limit Break makes him 3 times faster).

End of series he is Island level or maybe Large Island level i am not sure, he fought evenly with Ehito, basically a god, who is thousands of years old and prolonged his life using magic but when that came to an end, he created the Holy Precincts because he had no vessel to use and existed only as a soul, the precincts has various spaces a space with a city, a space where the ground and sky are reversed, a space where countless white blocks were floating, a space where there were only large mountains like God Mountain towering over, and a space that was like a giant library where countless bookshelves were cluttered together. For reference the God Mountain is 8000m. The space with an ocean also had an island that was at least 5km in it due to Hajime sniping monster on that island who were 5km away.

After that is another space with floating islands which range from a dozen meters to a few kilometers with a gigantic island that is 10km. There are other spaces but no size given but as I have pointed, these spaces have numerous mountains, islands and an ocean so not quite sure exactly where to scale Nagumo.

After Ehto was killed by Nagumo the spaces instantly started crumbing, so these ratings are legit.

End of Series hajime should also be Massively Hypersonic, he dodged lightning speed attacks from Ehito. Whether it's real lightning or not, Ehito is far superior to Mikhai whose lighting attack is 150 km per second.

Ok so done with Hajime, not gonna bother with including his abilities like Information Manipulation and Existence Erasure in this thread, among other haxed things as this is already too long.

Shia Haulia should also have a key for after evolving with sublimation magic, she would be Large Town level for being able to evenly match Yue. End of series she should be equal to hajime as she is stated to be superior to him in terms of physical stats. So Island level or whatever we decide Ehito's feat as and Massively Hypersonic. She also has abilities like Intangibility among others.

Tio Clarce should be be comparable to Shia and Hajime end of series.

Yue should also be comparable to Ehito end of series, since Ehito literally took over her body and boosted it, and Yue is a genius, capable of using all the magic Ehito could, i don't see why she shouldn't scale.

Forgot among some other characters, Amanogawa Kouki, he has 2 forms that make him Town level and Hypersonic, one due to equaling Hajime, another due to being powered up by Ehito which makes him apostle level.

Yaegashi Shizuku should also be upped to Town level and Hypersonic. She can also due various things like cutting through space, souls, and manipulating gravity.

So the last thing is Conceptual Manipulation for Hajime and Yue. Not sure if it's conceptual manipulation. The characters have concept magic and as the name says it allows them to create concepts. For example "I want to return home", concept magic manifested that concept by creating a key which can cross worlds. The concepts are created by using a combining of other magic like gravity magic which is magic that interferes with the energy of star, and can not only interfere with gravity, it could also interfere with things like earth vein or terrestrial heat, bedrock or magma, it wasn't impossible to use this magic to and purposefully generate earthquake or volcano eruption, this is legit a stars gravity since a character is specializes in it made a blackhole.

Basically the main magics in the series are age of god magics, space magic, gravity magic, creation magic, sublimation magic, metamorphosis, spirit magic, reproduction magic. Only when you acquire then all do you understand how to do concept magic. The age of gods magic are basically limited versions of other magic, when you use them fully only being able to increase gravity becomes being able to use a blackhole, being able to evolve things becomes being able to manipulate the information of an object, being able to bring something back to it's prior state becomes, being able to manipulate time etc etc.

Concept magic can create concepts like "Deny all Existences" using information manipulation to change the information of an object from exists to doesn't exists.

Another concept which is "I want to know what i desire" something like that, it creates a compass which uses soul magic to surmise what the user is wishing for, then using space magic, it ignores the spatial gap and distance and searches for what the user desires, and uses sublimation magic to supplement the information of the target. You can literal use this to find other worlds or anything you want really.

So explaining all this, i am not sure if this is legit Conceptual Manipulation

You might want to consult the calc members about the ratings. Though I can agree with the powerscaling and Concept Manipulation parts.

Everything looks good.

Im not sure about the Conceptial Manipulaion, it just seems like the magic is really versitile. Look at Ki in DB, a person can virtually do any attack with Ki, be it erasing people from existence (hakai) or stop time (tokitobashi) or just create crap out of thin air. Also it seems like it would be pron to nlf in threads kinda like supes "i can make super powers on the fly" type deal. Could be wrong though, i dont know all that much about concept manipulation so im ok with adding it if other people are.

@Ryukama Mostly want input on island level part and concept manipulation, as i already explained above Ehito created various spaces one with a city, one with numerous 8km mountains, and another numerous islands ranging from a dozen meters to 10 kilometers, plus another one with an ocean, seems more than island level to me.

@Radical Agreed on the nlf part though the characters literally create concepts on the fly depending on the situation, hajime created one "Thy art forbidden to touch(Don't touch my woman)". That forbade interference to Yue's soul and severed the intervention that was already there, used this to get Ehito's soul out of Yue's body. After being literally covered in fatal wounds and drain of magic, he made "The Scattered Pains Right Back Toward You" which returns all the pain and wounds that the target had given to other people until now, he used that to kill Ehito, after his other concept magic "Deny all Existences" didn't kill him.

I always thought concept manipulation was, for example, creating stuff like love, hate, time, space. These just seem like new attacks/powers which is why I compared it to superman.

I dont mind it being added if others consider it concept manipulation.

@Celestial That seems like it could be Large Island. I'm not sure of the exact size requirements for those tiers though. I still agree with the Concept Manipulation though.

@Radical I am not sure if it is concept manipulation, but yea it's a very versatile power, if they want something, it will be created using combinations of the other magi's like information manipulation, time manipulation, spirit magic which interferes with things like energy inside the body that was magic power, heat, electricity, thought, consciousness, memory, metamorphosis magic that interferes with organic matter, gravity magic which is gravity from a star, creation magic which interferes with inorganic matter, and space magic which interferes with things at a boundary. Yea it's stupidly versatile

Well, if the ability is literally called "Concept Magic" that works by creating new concepts and forcing them into existence, I can't exactly see how that is anything but Conceptual Manipulation. Just be sure to specify how it works and its limitations.

I'm a little more iffy about the speed, given that he couldn't completely react in time, but the strength seems fine for the most part.

I'm not an expert on Arifureta though, so my opinion is only worth so much.

Well during that fight his speed kept increasing until he could even keep up with Ehito who was using god speed, basically teleportation, well more accurately, god speed shortens the time affecting every single event, either way Ehito with god speed> causal lightning attack he was using.

Plus either way Hajime was already mhs before that and against Ehito he used supreme break, which would make him 5x faster than he was before.

Looked back, more proof of him keeping up with lightning, he said if the attack is only lightning speed, which means he was confident he could keep up and seeing as was able to throw gravity grenades before he got swallowed, he is indeed on that level.

Alright then, I don't think I'll have a problem with adding this to another tab.

So again looking back at the explanatio for concept magic, it does indeed seem legit to me cause to use it they raise up their wish using soul magic and sublimation magic which is basically information manipulation, they then raise it until concept level, then they need to grant it magic power and forcefully materialize it.

It has limits though, usually just a one time use ability, for instance hajime's deny all existence was exactly just that, after yue was taken from him, he was in a rage mode and thought a world without yue was meaningless, so he wanted to deny all existence, but once he was snapped out of his rage mode by the people around him, the ability stopped and he could only gather a piece of the chain the ability was in, for a one time use against Ehito as he made the chain into a bullet.

His other concept magic "I want to return home" he could do continuously cause he wanted to return home, although he needed yue to finish it, and could only make a degraded version of it by himself, which still could open holes in space mind you. But yea based on how he is feeling and the situation he can create new concepts but said concepts are usually a one time use thing, after his wishes change, he can't use it again.

Ok so most people seem to agree with conceptual manipulation, just need input on the island level part, creating various spaces one with a city, one with numerous 8km mountains, and another with numerous islands ranging from a dozen meters to 10 kilometers, and another with an ocean seems more than island level to me, so i am going for large island level.

Not sure if it helps, Ehito created mountains not destroyed them in this case, although the mountains and islands started crumbling as soon as he died which was going to cause a chain reaction and ,destroy not only the holy precincts but also the surface in other words Ehito is planet level via a chain reaction but that's not what i am going for here.

The Perpetual's part of the blog says 609 meter is considering the minimum for a mountain, mount fuji is over 3000m, one of the space Ehito created had 8000m mountains.

This thread is unlikely to get much input so since everyone agrees with the power scaling stuff, i will upgrade the other characters who scale to earlier version of nagumo, it's only the large island level part that is left to be discussed.

That should probably be fine. Sorry about staying out of this, but I am trying not to interfere if I have nothing interesting to add.

Still no more input on the island level part, seeing as this is unlikely to get more input, and the feat in question is clearly at least island level, i am going to go with that, i honestly don't particularly care much for the dc of the characters since they have numerous ways of ignoring durability.

@Pegasus

Quick question about Deny All Existences. Before it was canceled, how far was it going to extend? Was it going to destroy the universe? Space-time?

This could be a potential Low 2-C feat.

Nothing that ridiculous, what basically happened was that after failing to save yue after doing literally everything he had at the time, a smug god was rubbing it in his face and ordered the apostles to kill hajime and everyone he cared for, he already was severely wounded.

Hajime was extremely pissed and formed a chain using transmute and placed the concept of Deny All Existence in it, he went on a rampage erasing everyone that touched the chain from existence.

So yea it wasn't that he was literally going to erase the universe, plus even while he was doing that he was subconsciously avoiding the chain hitting the people who he cared for.

@Peg

Just wanted to clarify it, since I think I reworded it incorrectly when I was rewriting the descriptions.

Ah, yea it is worded incorrectly, he wasn't going to erase all of creation, was just a rage mode he went into where he was erasing everyone that the chain touched from existence using information manipulation to change the information of the target from exist to doesn't exists. Btw also this ability failed to kill Ehito so that's also wrong, he gathered up parts of the broken chain with the ability and remade it into a single bullet which he used on Ehito.

One last thing, for now at least, i still haven't finished the after stories for the series, anyway hajime's reaction speed needs an upgrade. The current rating doesn't take into account his ability called Light Speed, this ability slows down his perception of time and accelerates his thought process, hence increased reactions.

His perception is slowed down to the point where an instant can be several dozen seconds to him. Also the current rating doesn't take into account his supreme break which he gained after evolving with sublimation magic, and makes him 5x faster.

So i propose after compensation, he should have Massively Hypersonic reaction speed with Light Speed due to what i already explained above.

After evolving with sublimation magic his ratings should be: At least High Hypersonic (Superior to Apostles using Limit Break), High Hypersonic+ with Limit Break (Limit Break makes him 3x faster), Massively Hypersonic with Supreme Break (Makes him 5x faster), Massively Hypersonic+ reaction speed with Light Speed

End of series should be: Massively Hypersonic (Superior to before, easily kept up with natural lightning), Massively Hypersonic with Limit Break (Makes him 3x faster), Massively Hypersonic with Supreme Break (Makes him 5x faster), Sub Relativistic reaction speed with Light Speed, Speed of Light attack speed with Burst Hyperion

I can post evidence of him dodging natural lightning if anyone has an issue, before he was just Massively Hypersonic at end of series, which is a true rating i guess but that's only during his fight with Ehito, end of series is beyond that point, end of series he is keeping up with natural lightning in base.

Maybe we should add another key that says "During his fight with Ehito" before the end of series key? I think that would pointless though, cause the speed ratings would be the same as against Ehito, Hajime immediate went to Supreme Break, and it's on that form he was keeping up with Ehito who had lightning speed attacks.

Er... I don't know if we can jump from Massively Hypersonic to Sub Relativistic like that. Even if we were to multiply the value by 36 via Light Speed and again by 5 via Supreme Break, you would still be in the Massively Hypersonic+ range.

I mean he his mach 9 after compensation due to keeping up with nointo who can can dodge his 3.2 km/s bullets. Limit break makes him 3x faster so mach 27, then that becomes his base after evolving with sublimation magic, mach 81 with limit break, mach 135 with supreme break and mach 972 with light speed.

End of series is mhs due to easily keeping up with lightning, so lets low ball and say he is mach 100, mach 300 with limit break, mach 500 with supreme break, mach 3600 with light speed, yea was incorrect there should mhs+ not sub-relativistic.

Btw i think we should rename him back to nagumo hajime, we had a thread about this not too long ago and it was decided that the characters should be nammed by what they are commonly referred to as, whether it's the japanese or western order of the name, in this case, it should be nagumo hajime, that's what he is commonly referred to.

@Celestial

In the manga I've been reading he's been almost exclusively called Hajime. In addition, I've left a redirect for Nagumo Hajime so they both lead to the same page.

Granted, the manga is sparse compared to the manga in terms of completion, but I really don't think it will be an issue.

Most people just call him hajime, but his full name is nagumo hajime, not hajime nagumo, just seems a bit weird to me, but it's not that big a deal i guess.

@Celestial Pegasus

Given my recent excursion to Japan, I know what you're talking about, but Hajime is his first name and Nagumo is his last. Hence I arranged it in the Western Name order for our purposes but left a redirect back to Nagumo Hajime.

Seeing as there is no more input on the hajime's speed, i will just upgrade him as it's relatively straight forward upgrade.

Seems that a during ehito key is necessary, cause hajime gets more op eos, he is at least continent level now.

And he has his hands on something which creates continuous perpetual motion, once he figures out how to convert it into magic power he will be able to control infinite magic power or even infinite heat... This guy continues to be ridiculously overpowered.

Not sure if that's continental AP or range, given that it was a barrage of individual meteors rather than an outright assault.

Hmm, it is a barrage of meteors, so maybe it is more a range thing indeed, when he used a single one he created a 500m meteor, but considering it only came from the stratosphere and not space probably not impressive.

There was also another feat where he killed a dragon that covered the entire world in a storm of dark clouds, but i remember planetary storms are like island so no upgrade.

Will just have to wait until he gets infinite magic power i guess.

Tio Clarce get a during ehito key though, which would be pretty much the same as after evolving with sublimation magic, eos however is mountai level in her dragon god form

Back