• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass Effect calculations

Presently I am occupied with Halo revisions, but I intend to tackle Mass Effect in good time. I went over the calcs and while some seemed to be legit, others had issues. This verse has a notable amount of uncalculated anti-feats but that's a discussion for a proper CRT. I am making this thread so I can get calc group opinions and make sense of some calculations, especially the ones that came from that external forum site.

1: Heavy Weapon Calculations. 8-B+

I have no idea what I am even looking at in this calculation. It seems like they were using some wanked/obsolete measure for human incineration and also an explosion radius? Worse, whatever scans or videos the calculations are linked to no longer function. I attempted to load them and after a full five minutes got only errors back. It also doesn't help that this external forum and the links inside constantly try to bounce me to some malicious website.

I am near-certain these calculations are wanked/obsolete. I have no idea how they even arrived at this result.

2: Massively Hypersonic Calculation.

Putting aside the fact that even if this is legit, it is likely an outlier, this external forum calc is busted for similar reasons. I cannot figure out what they were calculating as the links are busted, at least in my browser. I assume it is referring to this video, but I think it is pretty clear that this is blatant aim dodging. Vega clearly is not intercepting and evading these shots mid-stride, he is strafing and his enemy is missing him. We don't calculate characters strafing from oncoming gunfire as supersonic no? That's aim dodging. Honestly I have no idea why this was ever accepted.

3: Biotic power calc. High 8-C

The width of the wall is blatantly wanked. You can notice at the scan it for some reason measures this big gap all the way across when the actual wall panel is clearly much thinner. At best, you could say that it is hollow. Again, no idea why this was accepted. But I suppose it doesn't matter that much as biotics have another legit High 8-C feat. That too could have issues though.

4: Rock destruction calc. 9-A.

This blatantly should not have been accepted imo. It assumes rock when the entry provided stated that the rocks are "brittle obsidian".

Thoughts? Also, it may not be a bad idea to recalculate any feats from other verses that are presently hosted on that external forum.

ME in general is needing more love tbh. While we're discussing possible AP issues I have had one with the fact that ME's kinetic barriers are supposedly tier 8 when really they seem to be not that, like heck I remember Garrus's shields getting overwhelmed in ME2 by that gunship iirc. There's also instances where we see shields take damage from gunfire, like in the bring down the sky mission too.

Last edited:
ME in general is needing more love tbh.
Once I'm through with Halo, I intend to do just that.
While we're discussing possible AP issues I have had one with the fact that ME's kinetic barriers are supposedly tier 8 when really they seem to be not that, like heck I remember Garrus's shields getting overwhelmed in ME2 by that gunship iirc. There's also instances where we see shields take damage from gunfire, like in the bring down the sky mission too.
You are correct, but it actually gets worse.

I have seen Shepard in full armor get injured, and KO'ed by 9-B+ explosions, and that's even without considering the inverse square law.

There is a legit calc for Mass Effect small arms that places them at 9-B+, and those can quite easily and quickly wear down Kinetic barriers. Shepard even considered a bomb that generated an explosion the size of a prison cell a threat.

I remember a scripted event where a Brute pulverizes a Concrete wall, and those things can body Shepard, and Krogans in close quarters. There is certainly more to consider as well.

The OP looks pretty reasonable; and yeah. I knew a long time ago that the ME pages look rather messy.

Look like that calc hasn’t been accepted, but at least, it is usable
I'll submit it to the Calc Group along with other calculations I have planned for ME once I finish with a challenging Halo calc I'm doing right now.

The OP looks pretty reasonable; and yeah. I knew a long time ago that the ME pages look rather messy.
I cannot promise that Mass Effect will actually be downgraded after I investigate, and calculate, but the verse needs a revision bad.

I will look into the calculations at first availability.

Back