• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario's statistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since all these feats appear to be from the Mario Galaxy series, I see no problem with updating Mario's profile and adding in these stats for Mario Galaxy Mario.

Let's wait until the calculation group have evaluated it.

It does have a mention of destroying a black hole and due to many recent conversations about idk how that will be looked at, i guess ill just wait for the calc group

True, Mario Galaxy was pretty crazy. But yes, we should wait for the Calculation Group to check it out first, to check for any errors.

If it's legitimate, then I have no problem with changing it. But there are just certain elements that seem off, such as using the "radiation" of a power star to say that others have that increased power too. Unlike the Chaos Emeralds which power various devices that have said ability, Power Stars are a different matter. the Grand Star is a Universe Buster, but how much powr would an individual Power Star have. that's basically the question there.

Then the speed feat. It seems like people are judging the Launch Pads as well as certain other things like the Cosmo Laboratory to be acceptable as a frame of reference for speed. That makes no sense. Mario isn't using his own speed, and it seems like the launch pad "aims" before it fires the target, so it's more like a power of homing them in on where they need to go rather than the reacts and movements of the characters themselves.

But that's just my two cents. All I know is I consider it outlandish, but again my opinion is only one. That's why I try to get actual WoG or feats that imply a character is capable of doing something, I'm not a calculator but I burrow through the trash others don't wish to, to find what feats and expressions I need.

Can't really trust calcs unless it's "without a doubt" legitimate. As calculatons are always changing, and there is always a huge margin for error rather than being indisputable fact.

The first Calculation never really came to a concert conclusion as they were still in an argument about energy for the calculations thay has not been resolved yet,the second calx would'nt matter because 12 exatona is Large/Multi Contintent Level and Mario is planent level on his profile...

I have problems with a lot of these:

"1. Mario gets launched to Space Junk Galaxy"

I don't buy the use of 60s for how long a person can hold there breath here, given that Mario can yell out in mid flight in this game; I think there is some magical power allowing him to breath.

"3. Mario's speed in relation to Bowser's meteors"

Calc-stacking.

"4. Bowser's Destruction With The Grand Star"

I'm on the side of black hole destruction not applying to the stats of characters who caused it.

I don't really have a problem with the others but I mostly skimmed so there could be something that someone else will pick out.

This seems like an outdated calc.

So i don't think Mario should be that high. Since people would be confused and mad about the update,

Are there any objections to Rib's criticism of calculations #1, #3, and #4? I personally support that black hole destruction through physical force cannot reliably be calculated, as our physics do not allow for the concept. Also, if I understand correctly the other calculations do not apply to Mario.

Okay then.

• bows* If we came to a conclusion, or if anyone has any objections, it seems like their are still issues, and this is why relying too much on OBD calcs isn't a good thing. You have to do checks if the calc is legitimate. You can't just say it is just because it's from that place.

I pretty much agree with Rib on that. I would like to add that being capable of destroying black holes doesn't mean much unless we can scale and what not. It's pretty hefty work, but I digress.

The 60 seconds stuff is just a baseline for the calc. The ability to breathe is explained as the Luma accompanying him granting him such abilities. The spin attack is one of those. Heck, shortening it to the average amount of time between breaths would only make it more impressive in terms of speed?

Exactly how is that calc-stacking? Please explain. Bowser tagged Rosalina's Comet Observatory which travels at billions of times FTL to the low quadrillions based on which version of the game you have. It's a pretty important story element and he drained the ship of its power source. If she's as fast as her ship, she definitely would have been able to quickly subdue him if his reactions didn't scale. He also tagged Starship Mario so, I don't see the problem with this extremely low FTL feat scaling to Mario.

Peach pops out of the thing unscathed and so does Bowser. He creates the darn thing so it should scale to his AP regardless. Mario directly is able to harm Bowser and Peach is literally almost consistently below both of them in stats.

However, this is old so, I don't expect my opinion to even be taken into account since they'll probably just lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back