• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MapleStory's Transcendent Power Disrepancy: High 6-A or 3-A?

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
Me again with another MapleStory thread.

As of current, all of MapleStory's characters are scaled off the fact that Luminous, as the reincarnation of the Black Mage's influence, was able to fight against him solo for an extended period of time and the fact that the latter is vastly superior to the Half-Transcendent Cygnus, who is rated at Continent level by this feat.

However, another important detail is the fact that the three Transcendences of Life, Light, and Time are tied to the stability of Maple World's space-time. Once the three are sealed (which they are due to the events of the story), said stability collapses, causing Maple World to begin merging with two other universes, Grandis and an alternate version of our universe in the process (albeit slowly, since it took hundreds of years for the gates to either universe to appear).

This would put them at High 3-A if not Low 2-C territory.

Which brings up the question, is my scaling invalid? Or is MapleStory due for a serious buff?

This sounds like a Low 2-C feat (or at least 3-A). How many characters would it scale to?

The only people to directly face the Black Mage in combat are:

Freud (who Evan scales to), Luminous, Mercedes, Shade, The Demon, and Rhinne (who scales to her children, Zero), the rest of the ratings are scaled to them (such as Aran and Phantom, the latter of whom is able to seriously threaten Luminous while Mercedes forced them both to put up barriers to block her regular shots).

The problem is that if my scaling is valid, then we have legions of 3-A characters which is absurd in the scope of things. In addition, the merge wasn't instant, but slowly took place over hundreds of years.

It is not uncommon within fiction with characters that only demonstrate more down-to-Earth power in practice, who nevertheless have some form of higher function, that if disrupted causes much greater changes to reality.

It seems extremely uncertain to place lots of characters as 3-A (merging universes), 2-C (merging timelines), or even 5-A (merging multiple planets), if the characters that they are scaled from are glass cannons taken to the next level of not being able to use any of their elevated position as attack power.

I think that it seems much better to keep the MapleStory characters scaled from their general displayed levels, and simply place the realm merging as an explanatory footnote, or similar.

I thought so. It's a good thing I didn't inflate any of the profiles then. Thanks for the input.

No problem. Thank you for being reasonable.

Back