• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MapleStory Scaling

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
I'm not sure if this is going to get any attention, but I thought I'd write this before I start making MapleStory profiles left and right.

I'm planning on making profiles for each major character in time (and maybe collective profiles for the more generic classes), but I want to know if you guys feel my scaling is valid.

Let's start at the top of the ladder. The God Tiers of MapleStory are the Transcendences. There are three of them in the primary MapleStory Universe, with each one representing Light, Life, or Time respectively. The three of them together maintain the stability of Maple World's space-time, and should all three of them be sealed (as they do in the game's plot), Maple World (which is shown to be a universe by the fact that there are aliens that came from outer space along with the existence of alternate futures) would begin to merge into other universes such as Grandis and a version of our universe. The only exception to this rule is Maple World's ruler, Empress Cygnus, who ascended before she was supposed to and thus became a Half-Transcendence.

According to this calc, she is at solid Continent level since her magic keeps Ereve, her base and a massive island, afloat.

As a result, I've listed the two major complete Transcendences in the plot, The Black Mage and Zero, at "At least Continent level, likely far higher"

However, scaling gets tricky after this.

We have the Heroes, the ones who managed to seal The Black Mage away. There were six of them, and one of them is Luminous, who happens to be the reincarnation of the Black Mages remaining goodness before he became evil. As a result, he should be around Continent level if we were to scale to Cygnus, a Half-Transcendence who becomes one of the strongest foes in the game in a bad future. Would it be valid to scale the rest of the Heroes to this level (since they're more or less on par with each other and have bickered in the past).

Then we have the Black Mage Commanders, who are more or less on par with the Heroes in combat (i.e. Damien cracked Aran's polearm Maha, Arkarium has fought Luminous and Freud). Kaiser and Angelic Buster also fought a particularly powerful Black Mage Commander named Magnus canonically in their stories. Would this scaling apply to them to?

Under them are some of the other playable characters, which include the generic classes and other special characters (such as Xenon and the regional characters like Hayato and Kanna). All of them are able to fight and defeat the Root Abyss bosses. Four of them, along with the support of Commander Damien (whose brother was needed to defeat Rhinne, the former Transcendence of Time), were sufficient to seal away the body of the Transcendence of Life, Alice. This would make them Large Country if not Small Continent level at the very least.

If such scaling were to be rejected, then I'd like to direct your attentioto a calc shown to me by TheBlueDash, which places Kinesis (the game's newest character) at City level. I believe that this is the absolute lowest the series can go, but I kind of want some input before I go on.

Back