• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luminara Unduli Profile creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Retired
I wish to create a profile for Luminara Unduli (one of the most underrated Jedi).

What do you think of this?

Tier: At least 7C, likely higher | High 6A

Name:
Luminara Unduli

Classification: Mirialan, Jedi Master, General

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman physical attributes via Force augmentation, enhanced natural agility and flexibility compared to humans due to her Mirialan biology, Force enhanced reactions, precognition (via Danger Sense), telepathy, telekinesis, mind/memory manipulation (via Jedi mind trick), master swordswoman, skilled hand-to-hand combatant, energy manipulation via Tutaminis (can reflect, redirect, and absorb energy attacks thrown at her), psychological warfare (has some skill in Dun Moch), Mid-Low Regenerationn (in the form of Force Healing)

Attack Potency: At least Town level, likely higher (Matched a Force push from Asajj Ventress with her own; As a fully fledged Jedi Master and one of the most powerful and renowned of her time as noted by Kanan Jarrus, she should be vastly superior to the likes of Padawan Ahsoka Tano as well as Kanan himself and just below Jedi High Council members such as Obi-Wan Kenobi whom she is a peer of); can cut those with durability similar to that of General Grievous with lightsabers | Multi-Continent level (One of the most renowned and powerful Jedi masters of her time. Is a peer of the likes of Quinlan Vos and Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Was able to keep up with Asajj Ventress in a lightsaber duel despite impaired eyesight) | Relativistic+ with Lightspeed reactions augmented by precognition

Lifting Strength: Peak Human+; can be augmented to SuperHuman levels via Force amplification

Striking strength: Class GJ with Force amplification | Class GJ+ with Force amplification

Durability: Street level+ naturally, at least Town level, likely higher with Force amplification (Survived the backlash of her an Asajj Ventress' telekinetic stalemate with seemingly no injury; Should be vastly superior to the likes of Padawan Ahsoka and just below Jedi High Council members) | Street level naturally, Multi-Continent level with Force amplification

Stamina: SuperHuman (Was able to continue fighting despite impaired eyesight and being pinned under tonnes of steel) | Superhuman+ (has continued fighting for long periods despite being battered; held up a collapsed cave roof for hours with telekinesis before being rescued)

Range: Extended human melee range with lightsabers and dozens of metres with telekinesis | Interstellar with telepathy and Force senses

Standard Equipment: Her lightsaber

Intelligence: Quite high. Is a skilled fighter and also a good teacher who imparted skills to her Padawan Barriss Offee. Was also a noted general during the Clone Wars where she proved herself an expert strategist & tactician and was held in high regard by her peers.

Weaknesses: Outside of combat and as a planner, she is humble and wise. But in combat, she has shown herself prone to overconfidence due to which she has made tactical mistakes on at least two occassions which turned the tide of the fight in her enemy's favour.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Force Healing: Accelerates the body's natural healing process at a rapid pace. Master practitioners of the art can even heal themselves from fatal injuries in a short span of time (like being cooked alive, punctured lungs, etc). Luminara was a noted practitioner of this. In fact, she was murdered while performing Force Healing on the wounded on Kashyyyk in 19 BBY.
  • Telekinesis: Luminara can use this through the Force to put her mind literally over matter, capable of blasting opponents, shielding herself or disarming people, hurling debris at enemies to distract or outright bombard them, has held up hundreds of tonnes of rock for hours. Its limits are only those of the creativity that the Force adept has.
  • Telepathy: Can easily manipulate others mentally with the Force to trick, deceive, maim or even kill outright. Can also use this power externally or internally when it comes to illusion creation, manifestation and manipulation. As a fully fledged Jedi Master, Luminara should have mastery over the Jedi Mind Trick ability.
  • Tutaminis: Through the Force, Luminara can draw potentially harmful energy into her body and diffuse it or channel it away completely. This being a power taught to all younglings, all Jedi are bound to be capable of using it to some extent. As a fully fledged Jedi Master, Luminara should have a respectable degree of skill with it.

Key: Disney canon | Legends cano

Note:

Respect thread

I'm off now for a good while. I'll see what input there is when I get back before deciding whether to make this or not. I also wish to make ones for Plo Koon, Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura.

Also, the Legends canon stats for her are up for debate. If need be, the profile can be made only for her Disney canon incarnation and we can worry about the Legends canon part later.

Looks spiffy.

I'd change some of the wording a bit (i.e. "A peer of" could be swapped with the more direct and simpler, "On par with") but nothing looks out of place.

We're going to want to get TheEverlasting on this though once he pops up, since he's the go-to Star Wars guy from my experience. I have him on Skype, so I'll message him when he does.

Looks solid aside from two things.

1. Given Kanan's soon to exist upgrade, canon Luminara would likely be buffed to Town level/Large Town level.

2. Her EU self would be High 6-A given the stats of other characters in the EU.

The Everlasting said:
Looks solid aside from two things.
1. Given Kanan's soon to exist upgrade, canon Luminara would likely be buffed to Town level/Large Town level.

2. Her EU self would be High 6-A given the stats of other characters in the EU.
1. I'll wait. I plan on creating this profile and those for Plo Koon, Quinlan, Aayla sometime tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Also, if town level Kanan is accepted, then the upgarde should apply to pretty much anyone in Disney canon who has ever held the rank of Jedi Master since they should be superior to the Kanan who pulled off that asteroid feat.

2. High 6A eh? Well Luminara (in both Legends and Disney) is held in high regard by and is considered close to the level of the likes of Quinlan Vos, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ki-Adi Mundi and the latter two are placed at High 6A. It is also my opinion that had the Clone Wars and Order 66 not transpired, she could have made it to the High Council by the time of her late 40s or early 50s. Yeah that rating seems reasonable.

Just a question: Would Barris Offee scale to this profile as well since she was implied to be comparable to Unduli as well as facing Anakin Skywalker for an extended amount of time?

Lina Shields said:
Just a question: Would Barris Offee scale to this profile as well since she was implied to be comparable to Unduli as well as facing Anakin Skywalker for an extended amount of time?
Not sure. All I know is that she is superior to Ahsoka and roughly comparable to Ventress who herself fought evenly against Unduli (albeit when Unduli's eyesight was impaired). For Legends canon scaling, you'll have to ask Everlasting. I'm more of an expert with Disney canon scaling.

In my opinion, this is how they'd be ranked:

Unduli

Ventress / Offee

Padawan Ahsoka

Also, Offee was running from Anakin and was taken down rather easily by him once he got her in a Force hold. The only reason she held out as long as she did was for the same reason Kenobi lasted so long against Anakin on Mustafar despite being less powerful and physically weaker - Soresu.

She is a peer of Kenobi but she's weaker by a lot since Luminara < Ventress and EoCW Kenobi defeated 2 people who were individually stronger than Ventress.

Kenobi > Vos >> Luminara

I should have articulated, my apologies. I meant the two nameless individuals whom Bruce mentioned( Which I figured were Maul and Savage) The issue is, Kenobi did not defeat them. First Obi-Wan and Maul were fairly equal as duelists during the beginning of their second encounter on Florrum, after Savage killed Master Gallia, Obi-Wan was essentially amped by virtue of reaching clarity in the force. He was still essentially on the defense for the entire duel( which contributes to his mastery of soresu) and would have been killed, had it not been for consistently striking Savage in a particular weak point close to his foot. Maul then simply force pushed Obi-Wan into a wall, upon which the vibrations of the impact caused debris to fall in between them, thus separating them.

@Delta

Well, that's kind of how Soresu works. Like Makashi, Soresu focuses on simply outlasting the opponent before launching counterattacks. It's Obi-Wan's preferred style, so to say that he was on the defensive is nothing new for him.

@Delta

Perhaps, but the fact that Kenobi is on the defensive is pretty meaningless since he's almost always on the defensive. Unless he's staggering about and being clearly shoved around, then he's not really being overpowered.

This is going to go circular real fast, so I'm just going to let Ever handle this for the time being.

The issue is that you brought up Kenobi's mastery of soresu, which I mentioned. The point of my analogy was to prove that Kenobi did not defeat Maul and Savage, this fight was also circumstantial.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind speaking to Ever about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back