• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lazering a brain with legs (Large Iron Hulk vs Intellect Devourer)

AP
  • Brain: 5.389e+8 Joules
  • Robot: 9.1700460e+7 Joules
The Intellect Devourer is 5.87x more powerful

Lifting
  • Brain: 700 Kilograms
  • Robot: Unknown
Since it's a giant robot I'm just going to assume that the Brain isn't going to start suplexing it or anything. So I'll just go with a wash.

Abilities vs Abilities

Intellect Devourer
  • Small Size (Type 0): I guess... it might be hard to hit maybe? I'm not 100% sure how this really interacts when one is so much smaller than the other and speed is equalized
  • Damage Reduction: Intellect Devourer resists damage unless it comes from something with the sharpness/hardness of Adamantine or better
    • Adamantine is defined as the following: This ultrahard metal adds to the quality of a weapon or suit of armor. Weapons fashioned from adamantine have a natural ability to bypass hardness when sundering weapons or attacking objects, ignoring hardness less than 20. Armor made from adamantine grants its wearer damage reduction of 1/- if it’s light armor, 2/- if it’s medium armor, and 3/- if it’s heavy armor. Adamantine is so costly that weapons and armor made from it are always of masterwork quality; the masterwork cost is included in the prices given below. Thus, adamantine weapons and ammunition have a +1 enhancement bonus on attack rolls, and the armor check penalty of adamantine armor is lessened by 1 compared to ordinary armor of its type. Items without metal parts cannot be made from adamantine. An arrow could be made of adamantine, but a quarterstaff could not. Only weapons, armor, and shields normally made of metal can be fashioned from adamantine. Weapons, armor and shields normally made of steel that are made of adamantine have one-third more hit points than normal. Adamantine has 40 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 20.
    • For reference steel has a hardness of 10 in D&D, meaning that the Intellect Devourer requires something that can easily chop through metal to reliably get passed its defense
  • Enhanced Senses: Not really useful here
  • Stealth Mastery: The Iron Hulk has no means of countering or detecting the Devourer if it hides from what I can see
  • Teleportation: Useful I guess
  • Absorption / Body Puppetry: The Intellect Devourer is unable to absorb constructs canonically.
  • Memory Manipulation / Telepathy: Neither of these are useful against a construct
  • Soul Manipulation: Not useful against a construct (A pure robot like the Large Iron Hulk wouldn't have a soul afaik)
  • The Rest: Don't work against Robots
Large Iron Hulk
Overall the main issue here is that the vast bulk of both of their powers are either useless or get resisted. Either the Iron Hulk gets stealth pounded on or eventually it can spam the Intellect Devourer enough to get a kill. I think the Stealth and AP advantage might give the Devourer a win, but I feel it's going to be a rather long fight no matter what since it has to slowly claw the Hulk to death with its tiny hands.

Overall the main issue here is that the vast bulk of both of their powers are either useless or get resisted. Either the Iron Hulk gets stealth pounded on or eventually it can spam the Intellect Devourer enough to get a kill. I think the Stealth and AP advantage might give the Devourer a win, but I feel it's going to be a rather long fight no matter what since it has to slowly claw the Hulk to death with its tiny hands.
So... Devourer vote?

It's not an incon, it's just that whoever win it will take awhile, though I still favor the Intellect Devourer.

And just to get this concluded

Brain on Legs FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back