• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lavos Miscellaneous Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
"But wait, wasn't the other thread your last revision stuff, Fate?"

Kinda, yes. It's more because, as I told Cal, this is about stuff that is shown on direct combat, so way easier to prove. Mostly Miscellaneous skills displayed on screen, therefore for the most part this is more like elaborating the profile than adding new powers.

And so, suggested stuff.

BASE:

Explosion Manipulation (Second form has this, also copied from Dragon Tank. Lavos Spawn uses an explosive attack as well via Blanket Bomb. Shadow Doom Blaze could qualify as well.)

Technological Manipulation (Copied the Dragon Tank, copied the Guardian and replicated their auxiliary machines. There's also the fact that the Mammon Machine works all but an extension of the thing and a significant part of Zeal's technological devices relied on its energy.)

Status Effects (Kinda already listed, but if there's the need to elaborate, it can inflict Chaos/Confusion which makes the target act at completely random, Sap which drains vitality, Sleep that does just that and also drastically decreases defenses while its on effect as well as the dreaded Immobilize/Stop that completely immobilizes the opponent - since both the action bar and the character are displayed as stopped I dunno if this qualifies as paralysis or just a variation of the already listed Time Manip. There's also the Unholy Light which inflicts Slow and Diabolic Whisper skill which inflicts stats at random, including Lock which may seal one's use of special abilities - like Silence in other RPGs.)

Poison Manipulation (Umbral Embrace/Shadow Slay is an AOE attack and can poison the targets)

Demon Star is an AOE attack that Halves HP so Durability Negation via Demon Star.

Darkness Manip (Via attacks such as Dark Bomb, Obstacle, Shadow Slay, and basically having copied Magus' entire skillset)

Generates Shockwaves via Annihilation Zone (Scaling from Elder Lavos Spawn who is really just less of a mini Lavos than the Lavos Spawns for all intents and purposes)

Water Manipulation (Via Water Surge and having copied all of Hekran's skillset )

Light Manipulation (Via skills such as annihilation ray or Heavenly Tears which despite looking like Lightning is actually Light elemental . Copied from Zombor along with its entire skillset)

Air Manipulation (Via copying Masa e Mune. Also Vaccum Manipulation/Attacks via Vacuum Wave, though this could be understood as Air Manip as well)

Masamune Powers (Copied them. Also should be noted that the plot supports this since you need Dreamstone to repair the Masamune which was forged from this exact material - like Marle's pendant - and can conduct Lavos' energy, channeling it for external use and storing it as well. And that's the reason these things get special properties in the first place. This can undo seals and also decrease magical defenses as seen in the battle against Magus (which makes sense as Lavos created Magic in CT) and Teleportation which they do all the time ... Well, Lavos already has portals for that anyways but I'm half amazed at how Teleportation is not listed since magic users close to fodder - i. e..: Dalton. - do it).

Guess this counts as Forcefield Creation ? Not sure whether its that or just absorption.

Can seal or unlock portals (Should be superior on the time manipulation to Magus and Schala who did this , making a Time Portal unusable even with the Key to use the gates. If it feels like we can't scale this to Base, this power goes to Dream Devourer instead since it absorbed Schala.)

Immortality (Goes without saying, Type 1 and Type 2, as it can keep fighting with both its head and insides destroyed, even just as a fraction of its core)

Psychokinesis/Telekinesis (Copied Azala's Psychokinesis )

Again, Teleportation (Copied from Azala as well. This one can teleport objects from afar like huge boulders . Best hax in its entire profile, I guarantee it. Lavos wins via teleporting boulder "Rocks fall, everyone dies".)

Telepathy (Copied from Azala, can be used to put others to sleep)

...More to come.

Mind Manip is missing for Base Lavos as well, since it mind manipulated Queen Zeal through the Mammon Machine (either that or he did so while sleeping or feeding on the planet as the dialogue implies, which kinda makes the feat more impressive if anything).

1zeal
2zeal
3zeal
This is supported by the plot thanks to others (mainly the Gurus who are close to her, I think Schala says it too at some point though I'm not reminded of the scene) saying that her behavior changed along with the whole "Let's use Lavos' energy."

If you have Magus in your party for the final battle against her he also mentions that she was manipulated by Lavos.

Power Mimicry: As seen in the video and links above, Lavos looks at whatever point in space-time and copies the entire skillset of what he wants. I don't know if the thing copying the stats of the intended target as well counts as game mechanics (probably yes).

List of what he insta-copied includes:

1. Machines that couldn't have possibly been manipulated by it controlling evolution (Dragon Tank, Guardian).

2. Machine that wasn't even created yet (Guardian should appear in 2300, you fight Lavos in 1999.)

3. Characters that were by no means related to it (Hekran, Zombor)

4. Characters who were kinda transformed into a sword and wielded against it at the time (Masamune)

5. An actual party member whose entire life was dedicated to eliminate it (Magus)

6. Azala and the Black Tyranno, who went extinct 65 million years before this battle takes place and also as soon as a spawn (Infant?) Lavos actually landed on the planet. So there's 0 chances that Lavos manipulated them in any manner whatsoever (well, save for that one Rust Tyranno).

7. Beings that recquire extensions of their bodies or servants for the use of certain skills get corresponding extensions copied and created so Lavos can use said powers as well.

So yes. The Power Mimicry is quite broken and by no means refers to "He can copy/use the powers of people in league with it". Low-key thinking that him not copying every single boss fight is because the developers thought that would be too long of a rush, but I'm using the ones that were demonstrated as to not generate speculation.

DREAM DEVOURER:

Passive Mana Reaver (It's an insta-Counter to any physical/non-magical/energy attack. Drains all the magical energy from the target. Kinda like those attacks that reduce HP to 1, but reduces MP to 0 instead. Spammable since it uses every time it is attacked physically)

Absorption (when it changes phase as seen here it passively absorbs all Magic and Energy attacks as well as usable elements in the game, which include Light, Lightning, Dark, Fire and Water - so they heal it instead of damaging.)

Passive Chaos Zone (counters attacks with this and can inflict the aforementioned Confuse)

TIME DEVOURER:

Pocket Reality Manipulation (Can Create and dispel/replace Pocket Realities (does this as the DG avatar who is <<<<<<<<< Time Devourer))

Holy Manipulation (Has control of all the Elements that compose the Dragon God, and that includes the White Element which focuses on Holy or Healing Techniques. Can also use the spell Holy Light , which has an added effect of annihilating Undead foes and is described as a Holy Circle .)

The forcefield creation does look more like absorption to me.

Everything else seems fine

FateAlbane said:
I dread the idea of someone remaking that. So I pretended I hadn't seen it.
Mr-burns-feat-uproxx

Also just leave that as absorption, yes, because I for one have never seen Lavos applying forcefields in combat (sans for that link above which kinda made me uncertain).

Seems okay for now.

inb4 the Lavos vs Lucemon rematch as this is the same thing that happened when Lucemon got his RPG attacks. ovo

Also if someone did went there, this would be the third time. But the real question is: Would Cal dare?

These sound pretty good, I am playing CT passively (Most likely will give up lol), and I want to see what more I can find.

Now there is one thing I would like, could we link scans of him overloading the time line, wanting to devour all of existence, and of his acausality. Linking them will solidify his power level.

Low 2-C and 2-A stuff was discussed here and here when I wasn't around.

While I'm relatively sure most people around can guarantee that I've proved Acausality (well, by the previous definition in the page) wayyyyy too many times for me to feel like gathering that stuff again. If at this point someone (not you, Fan, just if anyone asks) else feels like it's still not proved and asks me to bring more, I'll probably say "remove it" as that would at least make me stop suffering with this matter.

Okay, then link these to his profile

Time%27s_Eclipse_and_the_Dream_Devourer_%286%29.png

The_Chrono_Trigger_%2816%29.png

@Fan Well. There's that, there's the fact that Schala was willing to end all of existence and TD solifies this (though we don't know if it could consume all before maturing),Robo also mentions that the Power of the DD is incalculable , it murderstomps the party casually as far as plot is concerned, can reach across dimensions . Frozen Flame which is just a splinter of Base Lavos can reshape history on a universal scale when combined with the Chrono Trigger and Dream Devourer massively dwarfs Base Lavos in power, etc.

I was gonna add this myself, but I have things to do with family (like watch YouTube videos), so I'm just gonna unlock it for Fate. :)

I've done the changes. You can all check it out and if there's anything out of place, just tell me.

I've seen and liked it. Link me to the talk page, so I can lock it. I'm on my phone, and unless I can random it, I can't re-lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back