• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Large Planet to Solar System Godzilla: The Series?

Last night, I made a calculatio suggesting Zilla Jr.'s atomic breath can reach temperatures between 114 billion and 18 trillion degrees Celsius. I asked around in the ScrewAttack forums to see if anyone could check it and someone told me that this could suggest Large Planet to Solar System Level energy output.

I am not good enough calcer to check the math, however I decided to check how much energy would such a heat produce inside of Godzilla Junior's throat. 5.725583760514E+47 joules. Like, multi-solar system. Multi-solar system Godzilla Jr. 98 confirmed?

I got the following response when I asked how the calcer arrived at this number:

Using this: http://www.endmemo.com/physics/radenergy.php

I took surface area of Junior's throat as 10x10 meters, emissivity 0.9 because an accepted calc did that. That's the energy output per second. Also, take in account that I used the highest end.

Though the low end gets us 8.7403670334793E+38 joules, or 874036703.348 tenatons, or a large star level. Not that far behind.

Also, remember that I am using the OBD scale. VBW's one may give smaller results.

I believe 8.74e+38 Joules is Large Planet Level and 5.73e+47 Joules is Solar System Level according to this Wiki's new scale.

Are these numbers valid? Is this enough to bump Zilla Jr. up to Tier 5-A to 4-B?

Well, according to our Attack Potency chart, I believe that those values are Dwarf Star level and Solar System level. I will ask the calculation griup to take a look.

You calculated the energy needed to heat the air to cause the thunderstorm to be 1.61e+16 Joules or about 3.8 megatons. Leave it at that.

If you get solar system out of calcing a mere thunderstorm then characters who burn planets are going to be calculated with the same faulty temperature scaling methods to be galactic. Something's wrong with what you're doing, I don't know enough to explain why but it is

All right then. Thank you for checking up the calculation. I should probably close this topic then.

I agree with Gallavant ,the results you get on your blog are reasonable but i find it a little unnecessary to calc temperature which is probably as unreliable as finding speed using KE (because how fiction treats physical laws and logic).

I was calculating the temperature mainly out of curiosity. I didn't expect someone to claim it led to Solar System Level energy, but I wanted to be sure about the validity of that part as well. The emissivity part is what confuses me.

So, is the calculation team in agreement that at least the part about the 114 billion to 18 trillion degrees Celsius is valid?

i have to agree with KKapoios and Gallavant, its seems an unrelaible figure that doesn't fit into later showings....

Which figure, the temperature or the energy? I understand that Planet to Solar System energy output is too high, but does that apply to the temperature, too?

All right, it looks like everyone here considers the energy output to be way too high.

For the record, it seems this is the calculation that led to the idea of using emissivity and a radiation calculator, but I don't think it makes a difference now. Now I just want to know whether or not my own calculation for the temperature of 114 billion - 18 trillion degrees C is sound.

The difference is that Yama's bankai is supposed to be that hot and the author treats it that way ,on the other side just because it packs huge amounts of energy doesn't mean it has a huge temperature just like a super strong punch isn't always a super fast one.

I based my temperature calc on the fact that it heated a huge volume of air in an incredibly short amount of time despite the attack having a comparatively tiny surface area. Actually, another older calc I made put the energy required to create a supercell storm at City to Mountain Level because those are substantially stronger than normal storms.

ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
I based my temperature calc on the fact that it heated a huge volume of air in an incredibly short amount of time despite the attack having a comparatively tiny surface area. Actually, another older calc I made put the energy required to create a supercell storm at City to Mountain Level because those are substantially stronger than normal storms.

yea ok and a weaker version of Meltdown Godzilla's self-destruct sequence turned the atmosphere red in a second so I suppose hes universal with big bang temperature

and then theres Pachinko Godzilla destroying Gorath..

Gallavant said:
ZillaJrKaijuKing said:
yea ok and a weaker version of Meltdown Godzilla's self-destruct sequence turned the atmosphere red in a second so I suppose hes galaxy level
and piccolo vaporized the Moon with a projectile the size of the palm of his hand that must be universe level
There seems to be a misunderstanding. I wasn't talking about the Solar System Level number with that comment. That was just an idea thrown out by someone in the ScrewAttack forums that I wanted to have checked just in case. I don't even know how the emissivity calculation works.

However, if anyone's interested, I made a new calculatio possibly suggesting Island Level power output during another episode's feat.

I also updated my original calculation.

Meaning: If you know of any sockpuppets, I would appreciate the information.

I received a comment from Gallavant suggesting I calculate the temperature of Zilla Jr.'s atomic breath using radiation-based heat transfer and the Stefan-Boltzmann Law.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ero_Manta_create_a_storm_(backup_calculation)

With this method, I got a temperature of ~1 billion to 3.34 billion degrees C...but the power output using an online emissivity calculator (also used in Gallavant's calculation) gave Planet Level energy output (Hey!).

Which method would you guys recommend I use? My first calculation with the trillion+ degree atomic breath would give Island Level energy output.

Back