• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Laillo Sidgar DC Upgrade

Tivanenk

VS Battles
Retired
So, recently I've been going through ID calcs and checked through Coston's calculation and noticed something strange. He used pulverization instead of vaporization, which I disagreed with. Why? Let's go over the feat once more.

Here, we see Laillo Sidgar's Dragon Breath: [[1]]

Next, we see a large energy explosion happening

I'd like you to pay attention to the scan above. Namely, to what's happening around the explosion. I see clear fumes located around the blast, indicative of vaporization. It can't be dust, because it's not being expelled by the explosion like dust would. Instead of being flung out like dust would, it lingers around the explosion like vapor.

And then the visible crater

No dust, no debris, nothing left inside the crater whatsoever. It's hard to believe in pulverization under these circumstances. The evidence points mostly to vaporization instead.

Then there'sSelenia'sfeat

There's clear vaporization involved here as well, as seen from all the fumes coming from Percer. And it was done by the exact same move: Dragon's Breath. This further proves to back up my claim of vaporization.

With all the evidence of the table, to me at least, it seems like the evidence all points to vaporization rather than pulverization. So what would be his DC, if that entire mountain range was vaporized?

So let's re-calc! The calculation is located in the following link.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Tivanenk/Laillo_Sidgar%27s_Mountain_Range_Vaporizatio

So what do you guys think?

Come on. I know ID isn't the most popular of series, but something would be nice. The profiles are outdated anyways.

I think that this seems reasonable, but you will have to post the calculation as a blog post, and link to that within the profile in question.

OK, this was originally a dupe calc that I posted from animevice, so I'll go and make a blog post about it.

Tivanenk said:
I just grabbed the volume from there which is already accepted on this wiki.
Hmm.. well given that images and related links are missing I can not say much about it, but if it was already accepted that is fine... who accepted/checked it?

Well, that was insterted before calculations were actively checked over here on the wiki, so likely no one really checked it.

I can also say that Moon level for vaporizing a mountain range seems strangely high.

Given that I can not really make sense of the calc the way it currently is (without images and with some broken links) and the few input from OBD members on it additionally I am too sceptical to simply rubber-stamp the calc.

Maybe you can do a calculation for the volume? The preexisting calcs could help there and that way we can be sure of the value.

DontTalk said:
Well, that was insterted before calculations were actively checked over here on the wiki, so likely no one really checked it.
I can also say that Moon level for vaporizing a mountain range seems strangely high.

Given that I can not really make sense of the calc the way it currently is (without images and with some broken links) and the few input from OBD members on it additionally I am too sceptical to simply rubber-stamp the calc.

Maybe you can do a calculation for the volume? The preexisting calcs could help there and that way we can be sure of the value.
I'll try to later on with the help of someone, pixel scaling isn't my specialty. I believe the moon level comes from the map scaling itself, not the on-panel feats (on-panel would result in continental+). Laillo stated that he wiped the entire range and on the map it was pretty big (the planet is also bigger than average - think Toriko planet). However, that should be treated with a lot of doubt.

Back