• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so right off the bat, Kyoko and Misako are a bit outmatched in the AP department, scaling up to 16.71 gigatons while Peach herself has an AP of 24.49 gigatons. Yeah, the Mario universe has two AP values to scale from, one being 24.49 gigatons for more well-rounded characters like Mario and Peach, and 33.66 gigatons for characters meant to be stronger than most like Donkey Kong and Bowser. Just ask the sports titles.

With an AP gap of 1.47x, I felt the duo would even put the playing field. Hax-wise, nothing too egregious is happening here save for certain power-ups from Peach's end and that practically useless ghost form from Super Mario Bros Wonder that couldn't attack and dies in five seconds.

In regards to combat experience, Misako and Kyoko are standard fare beat-em-up characters, having plowed through criminal organizations like Mike Haggar once did. Peach... Well, she had a lot more experience being kidnapped than she does actually fighting shit, but at the same time, Peach can gain ten years of martial arts experience as soon as she dons a costume! That and she fought more opponents at once than the girls did. Just look at the Kung Fu Peach rehearsal. It's almost as if Nintendo incorporated elements from Illumination's movie into the shaky canon of the games!

Peach does have a few tricks up her sleeve that the girls might not expect, although power null won't do jack since the girls use fisticuffs anyway. Misako's literal justification for her Power Null listing is being a Murder Hobo! Sleep manip can handle the girls, but it's not like Misako and Kyoko couldn't wake each other up by beating the snot out of each other.

In terms of general intelligence... Peach is able to run and maintain a kingdom, and according to Fortune Street, is pretty good in economics! Problem is her choice of bodyguards are mushroom people that are incapable of recognizing Mario in a go-kart. Also Peach got kidnapped by a cake, so... Yeah. As for Misako and Kyoko, their general intelligence levels are "average high school student" and "kind of a ditz" respectively.

You wanna know something. This girl, with the appearance of a bodybuilder?:
latest

5'5".
This girl who has all the looks of a fairytale princess?:
NSMBW_Peach_Artwork.png

Yeah, she's fricking six feet tall, 6'1" at most! That's definitely an interesting difference.

While coming up with the matchup, I also came up with some dialogue for the girls. Here goes.

------

Kyoko: "Oh my God! Is that Princess Peach?!"
Misako: -scoff- "Please. That's just a stupid fairytale princess. What's so special about her?"
K: "Oh gosh! I can't believe I'm seeing her right now! I so gotta have her autograph..!"
M: "Kyoko, we're in a dated forum thread made by nerds treating us like action figures. We're going to be fighting this bitch, not oogling her."
K: "Oh..! I get it..! So, Peach is weak against kidnapping, right? Well, here's our strategy. We grab some rope and a burlap sack, we tie her up, we stuff her in a burlap sack, we tie the sack up with her inside, and then we run off with her! It's a foolproof strategy!"
M: "Kyoko, are you trying to get us criminal charges?! No! We're not doing that! Besides... Upon looking at her a second time, she looks like she's built like John Cena!"
K: "Ugh..! Fine..! You're such a spoilsport..!"
M: "Whatever. Hey, lady! You gonna fight us or what?"
Peach: "Oh! Well, you're particularly rude..! Well, if you insist..!"

-----

Okay, so the terms and conditions are...

1. This is Kyoko and Misako (both 6-C here) vs base Peach
2. Kyoko and Misako are allowed accessories while Peach is allowed power-ups within Tier 6-C (no non-power-up items tho). No optional equipment allowed for either side.
3. Fight takes place in Peach's castle and starts in the throne room.
4. Speed is equalized.

Here are their profiles:

Misako's and Kyoko's Profiles
Princess Peach's Profile

Who takes this?

Kyoko and Misako: 0
Peach: 0
They All Get Kidnapped by Bowser: 0

Last edited:
First off, Misako and Kyoko upscale from that value via beating the final boss of RCG2, Sabu, who had his strength enhanced since his battle with Kunio, who scales to the 6-C feat. We don’t get to hear his full explanation since the girls cut him off, but he speaks of it with great significance, so that is quite a bit.

The girls have some accessories to equip too, so going over the obvious, there’s some standard attack boosters, damage reducers, and speed boosters. Nothing too crazy.

The girls are also very skilled via fighting Abobo, who regularly fights the Lee Brothers. For reference, they are so good that master martial artists from all over the world just give up upon recognizing their skill and join them. They mastered an “invincible” martial art that combines elements from all other martial arts. Misako and Kyoko were also trained by them in short bursts. And considering that they’re about to become DLC characters in a bit, that skill scaling is only about to get even more concrete.

Now, abilities is where it gets rather tricky. Because Peach has a lot of them and also vastly superior LS. However, there are a lot of projectile-based attacks that she has that are able to be dodged, and given the girls’ experience with dodging bloated attacks from Hibari and Blaire, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem. Although Sealing seems to be an issue for them since it just locks onto them, it seems to wear off for a little while. Although it’s not completely useless as it can prevent the girls from using their moves and separating them for a while.

Edit: I forgor the girls can just escape Sealing on their own so there’s that.

But when they’re together, they really become a menace because the both of them can revive each other endlessly if the other fighter is still alive. There’s even a chance with the Lantern that one of them might come back to life. Sleep Manipulation is a definite problem though, something the girls have no answer for, although their Recruits have the potential to give them some cover for her more nasty attacks before they have to leave in a few seconds.

They both seem to also be able to heal a lot. Kyoko and Misako have some elemental attacks they can pull off, like if they get a clean hit in with the Ice status ailment, they can slow down Peach’s movements and get a lot of good hits in. Once again, they’re just very good in close quarters combat and if Peach isn’t prone to teleportation or telekinesis, she could be in a lot of trouble. Even if the former is true, Kyoko and Misako have experience with teleporting foes and are capable of closing the gap.

Last edited:
All good points. While I can't deny the actual fighting aspect, I can go about the equipment. The combatants are restricted by optimization on both sides of the table. Right off the gate, I can say Misako and Kyoko are better at that game. They both can only use two at a time, but they can access their entire backlog when they want, allowing them to use what best fits their situation. As for Peach, except for one particular game, she like Mario and Luigi can only store one power-up at a time, and usually it's the highest-tier power-up she can get.

The elemental abilities on both sides can deal with each other. With an Ice Flower (which Peach has yet to use in the games, although she should know how to use one if the weird partnership with Nintendo and Illumination is a tell) would be a threat as it would straight up freeze people. On the other hand, any answer Peach has to electricity is niche and she lacks an answer to Poison.

In regards to the slowing down thing, Peach actually has an answer to that, not in the form of a resistance, but rather the ability to work around it. Enter the Millennium Star:

All eight playable characters are capable of fighting against the Millennium Star, and the last unique move the Millennium Star pulls off is changing the stage to a black goop that slows the opponent down, and yet the player character isn't bothered by the slowdown at all. Peach is one of those characters.

All good points. While I can't deny the actual fighting aspect, I can go about the equipment. The combatants are restricted by optimization on both sides of the table. Right off the gate, I can say Misako and Kyoko are better at that game. They both can only use two at a time, but they can access their entire backlog when they want, allowing them to use what best fits their situation. As for Peach, except for one particular game, she like Mario and Luigi can only store one power-up at a time, and usually it's the highest-tier power-up she can get.

The elemental abilities on both sides can deal with each other. With an Ice Flower (which Peach has yet to use in the games, although she should know how to use one if the weird partnership with Nintendo and Illumination is a tell) would be a threat as it would straight up freeze people. On the other hand, any answer Peach has to electricity is niche and she lacks an answer to Poison.

In regards to the slowing down thing, Peach actually has an answer to that, not in the form of a resistance, but rather the ability to work around it. Enter the Millennium Star:

All eight playable characters are capable of fighting against the Millennium Star, and the last unique move the Millennium Star pulls off is changing the stage to a black goop that slows the opponent down, and yet the player character isn't bothered by the slowdown at all. Peach is one of those characters.

Good points too. I suppose Peach wouldn’t be too bothered by the Ice effect then although since Misako and Kyoko’s electricity and poison from both their physical strikes and their Recruit’s projectiles will definitely be an issue for the princess.

There’s also the factor of Misako and Kyoko’s Fear Inducement. If they end up fighting for a while and they manage to whittle down her health, she may eventually reach a state in which she’s compelled to beg for mercy and even join the two in combat. If it comes down to an endurance match between them, the girls will not only have the Stamina advantage but that on their side too.

Oh yeah, the recruits, I forgot. The weird thing about them is they can get juked just as easily as they can juked. At least that's what I recall from a walkthrough.

Honestly, the idea of fear inducement as a wincon is debatable. At worst, the cast can get scared of Bowser (sometimes with the exception of Mario), but at best, with Luigi being the most squeamish of the bunch and having dealt with King Boo being out for blood, I feel it's only uphill from Luigi. Saying this based on guesswork as the social workings of the cast aren't very well studied.

Oh yeah, the recruits, I forgot. The weird thing about them is they can get juked just as easily as they can juked. At least that's what I recall from a walkthrough.
The recruits are basically only there for an extra hit or two. Think basically your MvC assists for a single attack. They are useful for range though as they do have some pretty good projectile attacks that inflict status effects like electricity and poison.
Honestly, the idea of fear inducement as a wincon is debatable. At worst, the cast can get scared of Bowser (sometimes with the exception of Mario), but at best, with Luigi being the most squeamish of the bunch and having dealt with King Boo being out for blood, I feel it's only uphill from Luigi. Saying this based on guesswork as the social workings of the cast aren't very well studied.
Their Fear Inducement works on devoted assassins and robots, even making the former betray their boss, so I definitely wouldn’t say it’s not potent.

Back