• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Is it really 100 times? Also i dont see the layering on her profile
The profile pretty clearly states that it needs hundreds of simultaneous uses of soul destruction magic to kill her. That is indeed a feat vastly above baseline.
As the hax page explains, potency isn't exclusively measured in layers.
He resists
Her powers are above what he resist as I explained in my first post.

The profile pretty clearly states that it needs hundreds of simultaneous uses of soul destruction magic to kill her. That is indeed a feat vastly above baseline.
As the hax page explains, potency isn't exclusively measured in layers.
Nr, that sounds more like her souls durability than hax resistance being above baseline
Her powers are above what he resist as I explained in my first post.
He resists BFR from Beatrice and Satella who have interdimensional range

Nr, that sounds more like her souls durability than hax resistance being above baseline
Yeah, no. Seeing as it's soul erasing hax it's soul resistance.
He resists BFR from Beatrice and Satella who have interdimensional range
Neither of them have it listed or mentioned. And Kumoko can go in and out of pocket dimensions just as Beatrice does. So yeah, I think her feats are still better.
But it does null magicians, who do not use external mana.
I doubt he can steal mana from the magic vacuum cleaner that Kumoko is. It's more the opposite way around. Her Evil Eyes will absorb his mana.

Neither of them have it listed or mentioned. And Kumoko can go in and out of pocket dimensions just as Beatrice does. So yeah, I think her feats are still better.
It's not in their range section, but it is listed as BFR. Al Shamak opens a hole to a different universe and banishes the target inside.

I doubt he can steal mana from the magic vacuum cleaner that Kumoko is. It's more the opposite way around. Her Evil Eyes will absorb his mana.
Reinhard has the lowest mana volume of any human in the series. And there's no reason to assume Kumoko's magic absorption is more effective than Reinhard's; in fact, Reinhard was completely unphased in the presence of Puck who was absorbing mana from the world at such an intetense rate that the world was being destroyed at absolute zero.

How does it null them?
It can both destabilize magic that is used back into basic mana which he then absorbs, as well as directly absorb mana from the body, which has a nasty side effect of causing unconsciousness if he wills it. It's described as his physiology acting as a beacon for mana, causing it to turn away from anything or anyone else.

How does it null them?
passively steals their mana, also even if she does try to use magic it will automatically not work since she doesnt seem to have any powernull resistance

The CRT is not even accepted yet.
Zabazab but this match shouldnt be happeniing if a relevant crt is under construction

Reinhard has the lowest mana volume of any human in the series. And there's no reason to assume Kumoko's magic absorption is more effective than Reinhard's; in fact, Reinhard was completely unphased in the presence of Puck who was absorbing mana from the world at such an intetense rate that the world was being destroyed at absolute zero.
now that i think of it, isnt that a powernull resistance as well?

It can both destabilize magic that is used back into basic mana which he then absorbs, as well as directly absorb mana from the body, which has a nasty side effect of causing unconsciousness if he wills it. It's described as his physiology acting as a beacon for mana, causing it to turn away from anything or anyone else.
passively steals their mana, also even if she does try to use magic it will automatically not work since she doesnt seem to have any powernull resistance
Basically this isn't power null but absorption. He's absorbing their mana rendering them incapable of using it, the same applies to magic that's already been cast.
As DT has said, it seems Kumoko has a very large amount of magic power herself thus, to assume this absorption will completely render her powerless, Reinhard will need feats of doing so to someone with as much magic as her

I could actually argue Reinhard still beats out that 100x soul resistance.

There's a character named Sirius who possesses an authority capable of warping the souls of an entire city.

If you equivalate that to a multiplier, that'd be a couple thousand times above baseline.

There's also the White Whale which can spirtually/mentally damage hundreds of people at once.

Soul Destruction in R:Z is treated as vastly superior to all other forms of soul manipulation in the verse, so Reinhard's Reid slash would reasonably be above those other instances of soul manipulation.

Last edited:
Basically this isn't power null but absorption. He's absorbing their mana rendering them incapable of using it, the same applies to magic that's already been cast.
Absorbing the mana is just a bonus, his presence still neutralizes the use of mana even if he doesn't absorb it, as mana will still unravel and turn away from everyone else.

As DT has said, it seems Kumoko has a very large amount of magic power herself thus, to assume this absorption will completely render her powerless, Reinhard will need feats of doing so to someone with as much magic as her
Reinhard merely intending on fighting caused Emilia to both become incapable of using mana and even become light-headed. Emilia has such an enormous volume of mana that she can freeze a ~country-sized forest at absolute zero for well over a century.

Absorbing the mana is just a bonus, his presence still neutralizes the use of mana even if he doesn't absorb it, as mana will still unravel and turn away from everyone else.
From the description you've provided, the neutralization is a result of not being able to use their mana cause it's being absorbed or is it actually something different?
Reinhard merely intending on fighting caused Emilia to both become incapable of using mana and even become light-headed. Emilia has such an enormous volume of mana that she can freeze a ~country-sized forest at absolute zero for well over a century.
Why isn't her tier higher?
I don't know how much that speaks to her mana volume, neither can I speak about Kumoko's. I'm just here to view the arguments and nitpick what I can

From the description you've provided, the neutralization is a result of not being able to use their mana cause it's being absorbed or is it actually something different?
This is how it's described by two different characters, both experts on magic:

“I understand, I suppose. But, I have to tell you… Betty would be useless in a battlefield with Reinhard, in fact. I’d just be a cute little girl, I suppose.”

“Huh?” Beatrice spoke suddenly, her eyes downcast.

“Because of his constitution, Reinhard acts as a beacon for Mana, in fact. It’s like it doesn’t belong in this world, I suppose. The surrounding Mana in the atmosphere will follow him blindly, causing damage to the environment, which becomes a shackle to him, in fact. Spirits and magic users will be unable to use Mana, and I won’t be able to do anything, I suppose.”
Seeing Reinhard’s indifference to his pleas, the small man’s face reddened and he thrust both hands out toward Reinhard. A moment later, powerful mana swirled around his hands, attempting to warp the natural order of the world…

“Huh? Wait, what the… My mana’s formation is unraveling… Aahhhh!” With the desired effect not taking place, Reinhard knocked the bewildered man to the ground.
As he was even shorter than Felt, it looked to all the world like an adult bullying a child.

Even so, Reinhard mercilessly twisted the small man’s arm further. “Ouch! Ouch, ouch, ouch! Wait, wait, wait, it’ll break! It’s going to break!”

“In that case, I would rather you stopped your vain attempts at resistance. The fact that you attempted harm upon my esteemed lady will not change, but I still have no desire to hurt you.”

“You think I’m going to believe you when you’ve got me pinned by the elbow, neck and wrist?! In the first place, what just happened with my mana…I see! You have an inborn ability to neutralize excess mana…?!

Why isn't her tier higher?
The burden of being a novel character, we got no info on actual sizes, just that it's a giant forest in a huge world, to the point that it takes several years to explore & damage to it requires maps to be redrawn.

Anyway, I vote Reinhard via Power Null and thousands of times above baseline soul manipulation with Reid.

i dont think thats accepted yet
How is it not accepted? It's literally a part of Sirius' Authority that she can manipulate an entire city worth of souls. Pretty sure the scan is on the page, lol.

Reinhard's soul slashing would necessarily be superior due to how the author views soul hax.

There's a character named Sirius who possesses an authority capable of warping the souls of an entire city.

If you equivalate that to a multiplier, that'd be a couple thousand times above baseline.

There's also the White Whale which can spirtually/mentally damage hundreds of people at once.
Thats't just range.
They affecting multiple people at once, that should't equal to multipliers.
How is it not accepted?
He means, is not accepted that her authority have this "thounsands" number of potency.
You actually need a CRT to get accepted, for what i hear.

Thats't just range.
They affecting multiple people at once, that should't equal to multipliers.
When judging the potency of hax-based abilities such as Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation, and the resistance against them, there is a variety of factors to be potentially considered. Such as the mechanisms involved, how many people the power can affect, whether it has demonstrated to break through resistances, how great the effects are, etc.

It's not just range, though. The Authority literally has nothing to do with range.

He means, is not accepted that her authority have this "thounsands" number of potency.
You actually need a CRT to get accepted, for what i hear.
It's already on the page. What exactly would I need accepted? Lol. It's literally an ability on the page, bro.

It's not just range, though. The Authority literally has nothing to do with range.
I talking about the white whale.
Is my B for not to clarify trought. For Sirius, since i would need to discuss her ability, i not gonna to talk about It. But there's is a problem with your logic.
It's already on the page. What exactly would I need accepted?
I just said, you need to do a CRT to add this numbers of layers to her authority, wheter or not her ability is already on the wiki.
Like, the Nasuverse characters.

For Sirius, since i would need to discuss her ability, i not gonna to talk about It. But there's is a problem with your logic.
You won't talk about it, but insist there's a problem with my logic?
I just said, you need to do a CRT to add this numbers of layers to her authority, wheter or not her ability is already on the wiki.
Like, the Nasuverse characters.
This is unnecessary and incorrect.

I'm not talking about layers, I'm talking about multipliers. These are blatantly evident in the references provided on the page, goddamnit, Fezzih.

You are the WORST Re: Zero fan
(joke)

You won't talk about it, but insist there's a problem with my logic?
Yeah.
I think someone going to point out, so i gonna hold off. Like, i really don't want to discuss her authority again, so i apolozige.
This is unnecessary and incorrect.
How so? I see a bunch of versers doing CRT to add layers to they ability.
Or explaining they abilities better, to make clear the multipliers. Like, Sirius page don't say she have 1000x above baseline of Soul potency.
I'm not talking about layers, I'm talking about multipliers.
Right, i said wrong.
🙃

Last edited:
Anyway, I vote Reinhard via Power Null and thousands of times above baseline soul manipulation with Reid.
Reinhard can't actually do that cause Kumoko just dips into her god zone first thing, so no
I could actually argue Reinhard still beats out that 100x soul resistance.

Soul Destruction in R:Z is treated as vastly superior to all other forms of soul manipulation in the verse, so Reinhard's Reid slash would reasonably be above those other instances of soul manipulation.
Also, this isn't exactly the best argument given Kumoko at this point being far above her Arachne self in terms of the soul who had heresy nullification which had like 21+ layers due to just heresy magic alone this is also not bringing up the fact that Kumoko could have an additional 21+ layers via becoming able to resist abyssal magic.
There is also the fact that the whole bit of hundreds of users working together to kill a god becomes even more absurd when you learn the mechanics behind such being partially based upon the fact that their energy content is so absurd, easily making up the issue of scope you mentioned and more.

Back