• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill la Kill - stats of Ryuko and Ragyo

My way to put words may be a bit confusing, so I apologize if anyone gets confused.

In this wikia, Kisaragi Ryuko is listed as "Continent level" via the calc of her destroying all the life fibers surrounding Earth. And so Ragyo is listed as "Continent level" in her first Shinra-Koketsu form (reason being able to fight on pair with Kisaragi Ryuko) and "At least Continent level" in her second Shinra-Koketsu form (reason being able to overpower Kisaragi Ryuko).

However, after rewatching it, I noticed there are a few things that don't seem right:

1. Kisaragi Ryuko NEVER demonstrated anything that is Continent level UNTIL she let 2nd form Shinra-Koketsu Ragyo impale her, and thus absorbing Shinra-Koketsu's Absolute Domination ability. Therefore, scaling Ragyo (both forms of Shinra-Koketsu) to a Ryuko that did not show Continent level feat on her own is kinda not right if you ask me.

In short, Ryuko is ONLY Continent level AFTER absorbing Shinra-Koketsu. Thus it is not right to scale Ragyo to Kisaragi Ryuko before Senketsu absorbs Shinra-Koketsu.

=> Shinra-Koketsu Ragyo is NOT Continent level, neither is Kisaragi Ryuko before absorption. The ONLY Kill la Kill character that is Continent level is Kisaragi Ryuko AFTER absorbing Shinra-Koketsu.

2. Ragyo overwhelmed Kisaragi Ryuko in both her forms, she thrashed Ryuko around in her first form and got stronger in her second form after she abandoned her humanity and thrashed Ryuko around even more until Ryuko let Ragyo impale her to absorb Shinra-Koketsu.

Not hating or trying to downplay Kill la Kill here, I enjoyed the series and just want to make sure the profiles are accurate :)

Please provide your opinions on this

If I understand correctly (my reading comprehension is sometimes bad) your misconception here is that the calc is not about ryoko destroying the lifefiber in the end through absolute domination (that wouldn't be AP because it is life fibre mind control), but about the life fibers she destroyed before that as she flew into space.

So Ragyo defeating Ryoko in space was after the continental feat happened.

I think you misunderstood the profiles afaik the continent level comes from when Ryuko flew into space obliterating a large section of life fibers

Really? Because that scene where Ryuko flew into space looked like she just went straight through the layer of life fibers, as all I see was Kisaragi in its "Rocket thingy form" flying through it, without doing anything else. And was the "large section Ryuko destroyed" that you guys refer to this?

KlK
Looks more like the life fibers are enclosing the planet if you ask me.

Another thing, before fusing with Nui and flying into space wasn't 1st form Shinra-Koketsu Ragyo overwhelmed by Satsuki and Ryuko's combined efforts?

Back