• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugo Vs. Gon Freecss (7-0-0)

Bakugo's AP: 8.12 Tons of TNT and with Howitzer Impact: 34.14 of TNT

Bakugo's Speed: Mach 7

Gon's: 11 Tons of TNT

Gon's Speed: Mach 4.9

This is an interesting match. I especially like that the speed isn’t equalized since they’re close enough in speed that the characters can’t blitz one another.

This is Yorknew City Gon, so he doesn’t have any of his Nen abilities like Jajanken: Rock or Jajanken: Scissors. That means he has to rely solely on his hand-to-hand combat skills.

Bakugo, on the other hand, can use his Quirk to play the long game and fire attacks from a distance. Not only that, but his AP shot could easily cause piercing damage and overcome the slight difference in AP they have. With unequalized speed, Bakugo is also faster than Gon, which could be a problem. Then there’s his Howitzer Impact, which could easily take care of Gon.

Having said that, Gon is capable of adapting to and evolving against an opponent mid-combat. He was capable of eventually tracking and keeping up with Knuckle despite being slower than him. And in terms of close-quarters combat, I’d say Gon is definitely more skilled than Bakugo and could really rough him up, not to mention he’s much more creative and can read his opponents better than Bakugo can. Though I don’t believe Gon can Nen Crush against Bakugo. I’ve never seen him use hostile Ren to intimidate his opponents, and it would be OOC of him to use it in a fight.

In the end, though, I think Bakugo would take this since his wincons are greater than Gon’s.

Last edited:
Having said that, Gon is capable of adapting to and evolving against an opponent mid-combat. He was capable of eventually tracking and keeping up with Knuckle despite being slower than him. And in terms of close-quarters combat, I’d say Gon is definitely more skilled than Bakugo and could really rough him up, not to mention he’s much more creative and can read his opponents better than Bakugo can.
I thought knuckle didn't get introduced till the ant arc

One thing to remember is that Gon wont be able to use Ren for long just using it for nearly two mins was enough to tire him out during early greed island
0141-015.png

I think stamina might be a problem for Gon the only way he'll be able to survive Bakuygo explosions is by using a lot of aura to defend but sense this is yorknew arc Gon who can't use Ken or Ryu and he can only maintain Ren for small amount of time I think Bakugo wins by outlasting him once Gon runs low on aura its over for him unless nen crush is allowed

Last edited:
This is YorkNew City Gon at this point he hasn't learned advanced nen techniques until Greed island. Also, Nen Crush is OOC of Gon plus it would be a stomp if he could do it anyway.

I'd say Bakugo with not too much difficulty. Mobility and range advantage could make it a quick and decisive victory.

The nen-crush NLF is getting boring.

Back