• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jirachi revision

Jirachi is currently placed at moon level due to this calc:

https://forums.hero-academia.com/xf...le-twinkle-doom-desire-pokemon-movie-6.17348/

On the section that reads gets the moon level result (72.28 exatons), the person making the calc says:

"...clearly not a remotely applicable high-end estimate "

Also, looking at the comments on this calc:

"Eldritch Sukima Aug 3, 2012 How do you quantify how much energy was absorbed?

There's no output of any kind to measure this, so the feat seems to be unquantifiable.

Though if you could figure out Virus Groudon's weight you could get an energy figure for Jirachi sending it flying into the air." "EnigmaJ Aug 3, 2012I think I'll just add that it is *possible* to apply the concept of power to Comets; it's just much more likey that you would find the values for the kinetic or mechanical energy values online. Objects in orbit, like comets or planets, are similar to pendulums in the sense that they have both kinetic and potential energy. In the case of a pendulum, the kinetic energy of the bob increases as it nears its lowest point but decreases as it reachest its highest. As the kinetic energy decreases, potential energy increases, and vice versa. The only thing that remains constant for the most part is the mechanical energy, which is the sum of the object's kinetic and potential energy.

In the case of a comet, the kinetic energy is highest and the potential energy lowest at the perihelion, or the point where the comet is closest to the sun. The kinetic energy is lowest and the potential energy highest at the aphelion, or the point where the comet is farthest from the sun. Both values are constantly changing as the comet goes around the star its orbitting. As in the case of the pendulum, the mechanical energy remains mostly the same.

You could apply the concept of power to a comet by measuring the average rate at which kinetic energy is being converted to potential energy ( and vice versa ) during any particular period in the comet's motion.

The problem is that merely dividing the kinetic energy of the comet by it's "near-earth period" or even its total orbital period won't give you this number ( in fact, it leaves you with a figure that's practically meaningless ), and even if you do manage to find the average "power" of the comet in a closed orbit, I don't really see why one should assume that the rate at which Jirachi absorbs energy from the comet is equal to the rate which a comet naturally gains or loses kinetic energy." All in all, Jirachi probably needs to have a different feat or scaling to support his current tier.

If I recall, they considered it unusable because it would be an outlier, but we didn't consider it an outlier since Tier 5 Pokemon has bee thing for awhile. But I'll look through the calc when I have the time.

Pretty sure there's nothing "non-canon" in pokemon given its a multiverse. It's just that some material is more taken seriously than the others. But it all should be canon, just one material being less canon then the other.

Back