• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Jeff is in the advantage due to having greater knowledge about weapons, being able to regenerate from wounds that would leave large scars, and having enough stamina to continue fighting after those injuries. If we're using Jeff's fate hax, then it's another reason to believe he would win against the Hunter.

If the Hunter would win, I get the impression that he would only have gotten lucky. However, I'm not a whole lot familiar with EarthBound, so I have a question. Does Jeff dodge? He participates in turn based battles, so I don't know. If Jeff doesn't dodge, then the Hunter could win by shooting repeatedly.

If the Hunter would win, I get the impression that he would only have gotten lucky. However, I'm not a whole lot familiar with EarthBound, so I have a question. Does Jeff dodge? He participates in turn based battles, so I don't know. If Jeff doesn't dodge, then the Hunter could win by shooting repeatedly.
Jeff does dodge in battles, so the Hunter likely won't be able to land all his shots in.

I think Jeff is in the advantage due to having greater knowledge about weapons, being able to regenerate from wounds that would leave large scars, and having enough stamina to continue fighting after those injuries. If we're using Jeff's fate hax, then it's another reason to believe he would win against the Hunter.

Hunter has tranquilizers in this match so one hit and Jeff will instantly go to sleep.

It should be noted will Jeff has answers to sleep manipulation those are from his optional equipment and I didn’t include it here

The rifle if iirc has 7 shots but given he has double ammo here. It’s 14 shots. He also of course has the standard pistol which is 16 shots thanks to double ammo

Jeff can dodge but he’s going to be hit at least once and once is all it takes for him to go to sleep instantly

In the original carnivores game. If you had tranquilizers. And you shot dinosaurs in certain areas you instantly downed them.

If you didn’t it seemed like you needed to take the same amount of shots as you would to kill an animal

But I honestly think that second part is just gameplay mechanics.

Also Jeff is a human so he likely will be much more easier to put to sleep and easier For the tranquilizer to penetrate his skin.

So the hunter only needs one shot to land on Jeff before he goes to sleep instantly.

Not to mention both those weapons I mentioned are semi-auto and he can probably shoot a couple times before he gets hit by one of Jeff’s weapons

So I’m honestly thinking hunter wins

Jeff’s fate hax only applies if he’s going to die or whatever from what @StrymULTRA told me

It doesn’t prevent incap which tranquilizers do. Not to mention healing is kinda not gonna work here since it’s not killing him but rather putting him to sleep

Hunter has tranquilizers in this match so one hit and Jeff will instantly go to sleep.

It should be noted will Jeff has answers to sleep manipulation those are from his optional equipment and I didn’t include it here
The rifle if iirc has 7 shots but given he has double ammo here. It’s 14 shots. He also of course has the standard pistol which is 16 shots thanks to double ammo

Jeff can dodge but he’s going to be hit at least once and once is all it takes for him to go to sleep instantly

In the original carnivores game. If you had tranquilizers. And you shot dinosaurs in certain areas you instantly downed them.

If you didn’t it seemed like you needed to take the same amount of shots as you would to kill an animal

But I honestly think that second part is just gameplay mechanics.

Also Jeff is a human so he likely will be much more easier to put to sleep and easier For the tranquilizer to penetrate his skin.

So the hunter only needs one shot to land on Jeff before he goes to sleep instantly.

Not to mention both those weapons I mentioned are semi-auto and he can probably shoot a couple times before he gets hit by one of Jeff’s weapons

So I’m honestly thinking hunter wins
Jeff’s fate hax only applies if he’s going to die or whatever from what @StrymULTRA told me

It doesn’t prevent incap which tranquilizers do. Not to mention healing is kinda not gonna work here since it’s not killing him but rather putting him to sleep
I hadn't thought of the tranquilizers. The Hunter would probably make use of them, and they nullify a lot of Jeff's advantages. I vote for the Hunter winning the battle, then.

I hadn't thought of the tranquilizers. The Hunter would probably make use of them, and they nullify a lot of Jeff's advantages. I vote for the Hunter winning the battle, then.
It said the hunter needed to aim specific shots on dinosaurs to tranquilize but since Jeff is human I presume any shot on him would tranquilize since I presume dinosaur skin is just more tough and harder to penetrate

Attack Reflection and Probability Manipulation would likely counter any shot made directly at him. So I'll go with Jeff due to out haxing.
Attack reflection is via optional equipment, Jeff doesn’t have that here.

Probability has to do with is it going to kill him. Tranqulizing id not going to kill him or affect him in the long run so no

Back