• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there a reason Profiles are the way they are?

I have a question about an issue with the way the Wiki is currently set up,

Like, for example, lets look at Chopper:

If we go to his profile it says
" Island level (Stronger than before, and comparable to base Luffy prior to the Raid[1]), Continent level, possibly Moon level with Monster Point (Drew blood from a Full Zoan Queen[2], and fought him for 30 minutes)"

Ok, cool, Moon level Chopper, where does this come from?
"Drew Blood from Queen in Full Zoan"
Ok, so how does Queen scale to moon?
clicks Queen

Choppers AP would scale off Queens lowest Durability so

Scrolls down

"Continent level, possibly Moon level (Could take hits from Hybrid Marco with minor injuries[8]), Multi-Continent level, possibly Moon level in Zoan forms, his body could take a Phoenix Brand from Marco"

Ok,

Clicks on Marco, Scrolls down ( Actually there isn't even a link here )

Ok....
"As Whitebeard's right hand man, he was one of his most powerful commanders with even Shanks wanting to recruit him. He alongside the remnants of the Whitebeard pirates were stated to be some of the few people who might stop Blackbeard[1] right after Marineford. Big Mom holds some respect for his strength and he clashed with her in Wano. Fought with Base King for over 20 minutes and could harm Zoan Queen, although he found it difficult fighting the both of them"

Ok so the only Direct scaling is being able to harm King, who scales from Queen anyway so it is starting to feel like I am going in circles, but maybe I am missing something
"possibly Moon level+ in Zoan Forms (Far more durable than before. Blocked Zoro's Black Rope Dragon Twister with his wings without suffering any damage, when a similar Enma-Unleashed attack had previously hurt Dragon Form Kaido and cut his scales. Even without the flames on his back, his Zoan Form's durability should still be superior to his Zoan form's AP and far above his no-flame base durability due to his Dinosaur body giving him an incredibly tough hide[Statistics Values 3])"

Ok, so it seems like Chopper is possibly Moon level, because he is able to hurt YC level characters, but why are YC level characters Moon level?

Zoro Blocked the combined attack, barely, and wouldn't have been able to do it if not for teleportion so downscaling from that seems very odd. Kings page also doesn't seem to like, have any keys? He has a very strong durability technique that changes his durability but that doesn't seem to be taken into account

So the conclusion basically seems to be Kaido>>>>>>Zoro ~ King ~ Queen ~ Marco >> Chopper, but that the gaps are small enough that Chopper downscales?

To be honest, I'm not sure how downscaling works on this site, but that seems like a bit much, scaling Chopper from a Yonko's AP seems absurd, just because someone is insanely strong doesn't mean anyone who even phases them should scale to a percentage of their power, does it?

Is that how downscaling works here? Honestly thats another question.

My main question, is,

Is there any reason we don't mention the feat they scale from IN the profile?

Like for example,

Chopper " Possibly Moon level, was able to draw blood from Queen, who is YC2 level, which scales him to: ( insert the strongest feat YCs scale to / the value you downscale them from the top tiers"

I love the way this site requires debate, and the profiles and everything is amazing, but the one thing I am confused about is the way the profiles are laid out, I know it varies by Verse though, so I used a verse that is well known

They're not really supposed to be like that, I've noticed it as an issue with anime files in particular. I think what happens is that the people making the profiles get a little too lost in the sauce and forget that they're supposed to be making the profiles in such a way that they're more or less perfectly understandable without any context on the franchise. It's intuitive to all of them who scales where, so sloppier work like that is harder to spot and excise before production. The calcs section on verse pages alleviate this somewhat, but they don't help when profiles outright direct people in circles. Some verses are a lot worse about this than others, comics often get it pretty bad too since they also have a million different characters and scale more people to fewer feats.

I made a scaling aid for a verse I work with and I hope that sort of thing catches on since I think it's helpful, but failing that I'd agree that it's bad construction to have a feat buried several profiles deep. I think people should figure out some way to get the value or calc across that's being scaled from without too much separation.

Back