• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immortality type 4 for Godzilla

4: Immortality via reincarnation or Resurrection: Characters that are immortal because, whenever they die, they will simply reincarnate within another body or resurrect themselves at a later point in time.

Godzilla resurrected in a comic after beign killed:

Godzilla returned to life after beign killed by Cybersaurus during midnight , then Godzilla was stated by humans with no shows of heartbeats for over an hour then at dawn due to Bagorah attempt to eat Godzilla's corpse, He returned to life again.

I wanna know your Thoughts?

Unless Godzilla's immortality is specifically based on the existence of his own toys, he won't get type 8.

Nutral on type 4.

DMB 1 said:
Unless Godzilla's immortality is specifically based on the existence of his own toys, he won't get type 8.

Nutral on type 4.
Answering your question. He returned specifically trought the toys. If not by these toys he couldnt come back.

SomebodyData said:
How exactly do they bring Godzilla back to life?
Well I was thinking and I think I commit a mistake maybe it is simply an immortality type 6 instead of 8

The toys somehow Godzilla has the ability to possess the toys. G can return to life from any Godzilla toy by generatin a new giant organic body from them.

Anyway immortality type 4 is fine?

Yeah it sounds like type 6

Also neutral on type 4, kinda sound like a pretty weak version of it though.

I don't notice any mention of toys after the rewrite of the first post.

Antvasima said:
I don't notice any mention of toys after the rewrite of the first post.
The toy stuff was solved thanks to SomebodyData in a CRT prior this one hehe.

What about the reincarnation stuff Ant? what do you think about it?

As I proposed in my post it was determined that Hell Spawn Godzilla is a reincarnation in a thread prior this one.

I don't know. The logic of this thread seems incoherent to me.

If Godzilla has not clearly been stated to automatically reincarnate every time he is killed, he should not have the ability listed.

It's reincarnation, so it should be listed, but it's essentially a very limited version of it.

It could also be possession of the hell-bats, but either it would be non-combat applicable.

SomebodyData said:
It's reincarnation, so it should be listed, but it's essentially a very limited version of it.

It could also be possession of the hell-bats, but either it would be non-combat applicable.
On the thread I listed, The knowledge Member list admin for Godzillaverse stated it was a Reincarnation. So I though he was right, I will remove it know.

However possession is combat applicable since G used it to fight Hell-Gate Guardian.

What about the resurrection in the cómic? That is immortality type 4?.

This seems like resurrection.

4: Immortality via reincarnation or Resurrection: Characters that are immortal because, whenever they die, they will simply reincarnate within another body or resurrect themselves at a later point in time.

Godzilla resurrected in a comic after beign killed:

Godzilla returned to life after beign killed by Cybersaurus during midnight , then Godzilla was stated by humans with no shows of heartbeats for over an hour then at dawn due to Bagorah attempt to eat Godzilla's corpse, He returned to life again.

My point is people to analize Godzilla's resurrection in the other comic too.

About GiH yes Godzilla resurrected.

However it is known the time it took to Godzilla to resurrect in the other cómic I posted.

SomebodyData said:

So "Immortality (Type 4 [Limited])", or something like that?

@Ant ye

@Kiryu and Eva most resurrection is either in a new body or repairs several lethal wounds, the worst you can agrue that happened is that his heart stopped and he had an unknown level of internal damage, even though his death seems to just be beaten to death.

@SomebodyData

So have we reached a conclusion here then?

@Ant I think so, I would keep it open in case they have different showings or evidence.

Okay. Would you be willing to update the page in the meantime?

@Somebody Ok. thanks by not close this jet (I can't stay loged to much)

But there is one last case that must be analized. I will describe it:

Godzilla appeared in the third issue of the miniseries Godzilla in Hell through a flashback. He first appeared duelling SpaceGodzilla in an absolutely devastated Rio de Janeiro, with one of the only things remaining being the Christ the Redeemer statue. SpaceGodzilla had destroyed The Moon on his journey to Earth. Godzilla and SpaceGodzilla fired their beams at each other, causing an explosion that destroyed the entire planet, killing them both and sending Godzilla to Purgatory.

First point is that Godzilla body was completely destroyed, there was nothing left just his soul.

At the end of the series in last issue Godzilla turns into Hellbat Godzilla by beign devoured by demons of Hell. The Hellbat-Godzilla then collectively roars at the Guardian in challenge, followed by each and every Hellbat firing an atomic breath simultaneously, thus causing a massive Godzilla-sized atomic blast to slam into the Guardian, killing it. The Hellbat-Godzilla then climbs the mountain and reaches the gate, and in the final page, a fully alive and reformed Godzilla bursts forth from the ocean, back in the living world.

Conclusions: This is resurrection in a new body. The previous body was totally destroyed. I think it fits with SomebodyData descriptio of Immortality type 4

Like I said in our discussion in my wall, sounds like he regained his body by getting out of the afterlife, not because he has the inherent ability to do so.

SomebodyData said:
Like I said in our discussion in my wall, sounds like he regained his body by getting out of the afterlife, not because he has the inherent ability to do so.
Ok seems fair then. Can you add the changes then?

Back