• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigoat causality resistance

m0mofb0qmxoXqudb6qIUm6wNuGYGidhBcGb-W1tNxT60phubZyzryn8oUVw41S8an8tKa8ozLJI0_n5QI7JrWrHWKQmVNDJGuqycHC4r6Qzw4bIrT8rpEMLV3sL_3QAFykiJubCu=s0

GuZTyYopf9gBkkOo1MAvwC0jysMQBxiAz2ilvZKu5djEjEos9AtCM8At2zo0prQNDkMKSCBul_kG8IDjxyTnNw6cRu3HrWlwxznHVM6kVKUmGeZlrtqcSwR2mmcJCpdaZMOOtOv7=s0

So here ichigo is shown multiple times resisting orhimes "twin god shield" we know that this is his power resisting it cause we see his black reiastu blocking it and in the anime they clearly show its black and red clearly showing it's his spirit energy.

Possibly EE resistance as orhimes power rejects phenomenon in space-time as of it never existed or happened at all.

Following. Please add tags like Ichigo, Urahime, and Bleach
This character doesnt exist in Bleach 🥵
m0mofb0qmxoXqudb6qIUm6wNuGYGidhBcGb-W1tNxT60phubZyzryn8oUVw41S8an8tKa8ozLJI0_n5QI7JrWrHWKQmVNDJGuqycHC4r6Qzw4bIrT8rpEMLV3sL_3QAFykiJubCu=s0

GuZTyYopf9gBkkOo1MAvwC0jysMQBxiAz2ilvZKu5djEjEos9AtCM8At2zo0prQNDkMKSCBul_kG8IDjxyTnNw6cRu3HrWlwxznHVM6kVKUmGeZlrtqcSwR2mmcJCpdaZMOOtOv7=s0

So here ichigo is shown multiple times resisting orhimes "twin god shield" we know that this is his power resisting it cause we see his black reiastu blocking it and in the anime they clearly show its black and red clearly showing it's his spirit energy.

Possibly EE resistance as orhimes power rejects phenomenon in space-time as of it never existed or happened at all.
Neutral about resistance to acausality, toward disagreement due something that I might explain latter, but hardly disagree with EE resistance, it ONLY would be EE resistance if Orihime was trying to ******* erase ichigo from existence, which she didnt

Pretty sure that isn't Ichigo's Reiatsu, rather, it's Ulquiorra's, as evident by the fact that both times Orihime fails to use her ability on him, it's to heal a wound caused by Ulquiorra.

Maybe you could argue that Reiatsu of that level inherently gives resistance to causality manip, but I'm having a hard time seeing that get accepted.

As for EE resistance, no.

I'm pretty sure the "tremendous spiritual pressure" around Ichigo's wound isn't even Ichigo's.

Also it might be worth saying that Bleach is a "you can't affect me unless you're relative to me" type of verse. It might just be that Orihime was the weak one at that point.

Also it might be worth saying that Bleach is a "you can't affect me unless you're relative to me" type of verse. It might just be that Orihime was the weak one at that point.
Bleach isn't like that at all, there are countless examples of hax affecting stronger opponents, and even if it were, it apparently doesn't matter here since we give DBS characters resistance to Hakai, which is clearly done through a power gap.

I'm pretty sure the "tremendous spiritual pressure" around Ichigo's wound isn't even Ichigo's.

5jxyVQTVzn52LSDyiKtEI-QZu8alrSVU7qUzZGrPD2JOfoNfzZtf4pivMmmDTh1WBiNH5rDc0XfNFXMF-KhyKnXdhGmEmHisnFgRoGJscHsNW7sXLX0ec_8_zSDS5s8w0cTkfaHy=s0

5GLf7jxpn6nt8G5ef_KYS_NLZJ5WWX_Oq4DwIR4vrEpKHuJkC7kwEljKijOBWS0hPY-Fs1_CObLQsC01rTov5yUBGUkP1c3JgtXxGJVaGojREZ0MNx61N0X0ifPoj_bu3qAcPMQ9=s0

Orhime healed a arrancar who had her whole top half vaporized. So she defiantly can heal the dead.

And the second scan proves it was ichigos spirit energy not ulqs. You can clearly see it's the color of ichigos power. Even in the manga ulq does not have black spirit energy ichigo does. Which is what we see around his wound.

This is not due to power because it's stated and shown she can heal plp like yamamoto and grimmjow both who scale above this ichigo at the time.

Last edited:
The OP did just post some compelling evidence, kinda hard to dismiss it entirely now.

If Orihime could bring back that Arrancar's upper half then she should be more than capable of rejecting that death. If she wasn't able to bring him back with no caveat in play then yeah, this would be a resistance.

Just to point this out there but didn't CFYOW outright specify that Shun Shun Rikka can't affect the dead?
This doesn't matter, in the first instance specifically, Ichigo wasn't dead and yet Orihime still couldn't reject the tremendous Reiatsu around his wounds, which was either Ichigo's or Ulquiorra's.

Lastly, even if this were true, we on panel see Orihime bring someone back that had everything above the waist vaporized, is that not considered dead?

Don't really care, just posting this.

“Those with fatal injuries who hadn’t been reached soon enough, those whose konpaku had completely disappeared, and those who had left no trace of themselves behind couldn’t be saved by the Twin-God Reflection Shield. Even Orihime’s powers, which had once restored an Arrancar with a blasted upper body, had its limits.”

Excerpt From
Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World, Vol. 1
Tite Kubo, Ryohgo Narita
This material may be protected by copyright.

The novel since it's the most recent canon.
Don't think it works like that, the manga is the source material, the novels are secondary canon

It doesn't matter though, as I mentioned already, Ichigo wasn't dead in the first instance and Orihime verbatim says she can't reject the tremendous Reiatsu.

If Kubo helped write the novels or had any say, then it would indeed be taken over what was said previously.
No it wouldn't though, as it says on the Canon page;
The primary canon is the source material first released (with few possible exceptions), with the other author works being secondary canon.

When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon.
The manga always takes precedence when it comes to clear contradictions, but again, this isn't relevant to the thread anyway.

All that means is she can't restore plp who have complete disappeared or have been dead for a long time.

It’s stated in the databooks that the specific reason Orihime couldn’t heal Ichigo in the scene the OP mentions is due to Ulquiorra’s immense reiatsu. Nothing to do with Ichigo. If anything it just supports that higher reiatsu negs hax.

he was telling Ichigo that he was bad at bringing reiatsu to orihime. Here, Ichigo does not show any resistance, he just cannot take back ulqiorra's reiatsu to orihime. There may be casualty resistance for the concept of reiatsu, but outside of it, there is no resistance here for Ichigo.

Her being unable to heal Ichigo has nothing to do with Ichigo's abilities.
Yes and no depending on how we decide how to treat her healing, she can heal people from having their upper half completely vaporized which is pretty much textbook definition of dead.

She also stated that she couldn't heal him due to his Reiatsu. So we'd either treat this as a resistance to causality Manipulation or regeneration Negation for Reiatsu. This clearly isn't a weakness on her end, if she can restore the upper half of someone being vaporized including the brain then I see no reason why she'd be incapable of restoring the heart. I also strongly disagree with simply being dismissive and starting "her being unable to heal Ichigo has nothing to do with his abilities." without further elaborating. Honestly that last reply of yours is no different than someone responding with a "no." as opposed to actually explaining as to why you disagree, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you made that short reply due to time management.

I personally see this as more of a Regeneration Negation feat more than anything else, and not for Ichigo either. He isn't resisting.

Yes and no depending on how we decide how to treat her healing, she can heal people from having their upper half completely vaporized which is pretty much textbook definition of dead.

She also stated that she couldn't heal him due to his Reiatsu.
it was due Ulquiorra reiatsu that was in Ichigo chest due Ulquiorra attack, it wasnt Ichigo reiatsu, thats why it can't be a feat to Ichigo

It’s stated in the databooks that the specific reason Orihime couldn’t heal Ichigo in the scene the OP mentions is due to Ulquiorra’s immense reiatsu. Nothing to do with Ichigo. If anything it just supports that higher reiatsu negs hax.
^^^

So something similar happened when hachi tried to heal ichigo's wounds using his Space-Time Regression (時空退行, Jikū Taikō), Due to their hollow like powers his ability could not work until their spiritual energies settled.

In the databook it says orihime can reverse phenomena as well which is the same thing as space-time regression like hachi. Making his power very similar as hachi mentioned before his power and orhimes are alike.

Orhimes twin god shield has healed plp way above this ichigo like grimmjow. Also stated she could have heald yamas arm. The same situation happened with hachi and it was stated his power wouldn't work because of their hollow powers.

I already addressed the ulq stuff 100 times and why it's not his power as it clearly shows ichigos black reiatsu swirling around his chest.

Last edited:
Back