• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I got a new fandom profile

Hi, just wanted to notify that i've a new fandom profile. The old one was made with a 10 minute e-mail and is unchangeable, not to mention it's password is in the big password leak list.
This is my old account
This is my new account

I still have access to the old account and I will slowly make backup blogs in the case that my old account disappears, I will write a notice about it in my blogs so everything is made clear.

Is it fine if I update your username here accordingly?

Also, before you can create wiki blogs, you need to turn your new Fandom account autoconfirmed by confirming your email address there and waiting for 4 days.

After you have made all of the required changes that you wish to do, it may also be best if you deactivate your old Fandom account.

Is it fine if I update your username here accordingly?

Also, before you can create wiki blogs, you need to turn your new Fandom account autoconfirmed by confirming your email address there and waiting for 4 days.

After you have made all of the required changes that you wish to do, it may also be best if you deactivate your old Fandom account.
Thing is, if i do deacticate it multiple accepted calcs will be gone so I'm keeping it, I'll just not use it. I'd like to keep the name too, i had to change my name in the fandom cause there's no way to use it again

I thought that you are afraid of the old account being hacked, and want to prevent somebody else accessing it. I also think that deactivating that account will simply prevent anybody from ever logging in with it again, including yourself, not remove any of its blog posts, but it may be best to contact the Fandom staff in order to ask them first.

However, couldn't you simply change your email address for your old Fandom account, and then change your password that way instead?

I also did not know that there was a password leak for Fandom, and have not received a notification from Bitdefender Security about the issue.

I also did not know that there was a password leak for Fandom, and have not received a notification from Bitdefender Security about the issue.
I do not believe there was: but if you use the same email and password for multiple services then a breach on one platform may affect all of them.

There are also these sites btw:

I do not believe there was: but if you use the same email and password for multiple services then a breach on one platform may affect all of them.
Yes. I have tried to systematically avoid that.

i've been pwned.

880293140270051418.webp

Well, he should change the password for all sites that he uses this one in particular for.

It may also just be a rather common password.

Pwned in 1 data breach

What's does this mean?

The other website didn't show anything 👁️
The website should tell you which website you were "pwned" on.
It means that you had an account on that website, and due to a data breach your email and possibly information associated with it was leaked to the public and sold on the dark web.

If this leak included your password or personal information, then someone could find this information whenever they wanted.
It is recommended that you change the password on any account with that email which shares the password of the website which was breached.

The website should tell you which website you were "pwned" on.
It means that you had an account on that website, and due to a data breach your email and possibly information associated with it was leaked to the public and sold on the dark web.

If this leak included your password or personal information, then someone could find this information whenever they wanted.
It is recommended that you change the password on any account with that email which shares the password of the website which was breached.
Hmm.. That was only my email, the passwords were ok. Why would I need to change password?

Didn't really understand
This website even said I had nothing on my email, why would the other site say I have?

🤔

Hmm.. That was only my email, the passwords were ok. Why would I need to change password?

Didn't really understand
This website even said I had nothing on my email, why would the other site say I have?

🤔
One site checks if your email was leaked. The other checks if your password was leaked.

Yee but the Email was ok here
But not here

Why is that? Are they different?
The passwords stored in certain leaks are hashed, meaning they're encrypted. The one which checks for your password only checks plain text leaks.
Or it's possible the email leaks didn't include passwords, but did include other personal information.

If you're checking for email on both, then they may simply be looking at different leaks.

If you're checking for email on both, then they may simply be looking at different leaks.

Breaches you were pwned in​

A "breach" is an incident where data has been unintentionally exposed to the public. Using the 1Password password manager helps you ensure all your passwords are strong and unique such that a breach of one service doesn't put your other services at risk.

Quidd logo

Quidd: In 2019, online marketplace for trading stickers, cards, toys, and other collectibles Quidd suffered a data breach. The breach exposed almost 4 million users' email addresses, usernames and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes. The data was subsequently sold then redistributed extensively via hacking forums.
Compromised data: Email addresses, Passwords, Usernames

Is quidd the one that accidentally leaked it or?

Looking at their databases, it seems that haveibeenpwned includes more and larger breaches, so I suspect it's detecting your email in a breach the other website simply doesn't have.

It's unfortunate that the most trustworthy leak site (imo) has such a silly name, because people often think you are trolling when you send them it.

Quidd: In 2019, online marketplace for trading stickers, cards, toys, and other collectibles Quidd suffered a data breach. The breach exposed almost 4 million users' email addresses, usernames and passwords stored as bcrypt hashes. The data was subsequently sold then redistributed extensively via hacking forums.
Compromised data: Email addresses, Passwords, Usernames
This tells you all you need to know. They were hacked, and then the hacker sold the information on the dark web.

Back