• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Attempt to Prove That Luck Is Overrated but Kill Many, Many Cats in the Process (Erwin Schrodinger vs Higashikawa Mamoru)

y o u c a n ' t j u s t m e m e w i t h o u t r e a s o n a n d e x p e c t t o g e t a w a y w i t h i t b o y e

i mean

couldn't Erwin technically just pick a possibility where Higa's luck didn't save him?

anyways, counting it

I think Mamoru takes it. Erwin actively chooses his stuff, but that means he has to see the possibility and decide to make it happen. Mamoru's stuff just happens on a much larger scale than Erwin's and creating a scenario where Erwin has no chance to survive should be possible.

For instance, Erwin may control the probability of events in the area they're fighting, but what if Mamoru's luck creates something like a landslide or building collapse that Erwin just couldn't survive?

i mean, those aren't great examples but i get the idea

this is gonna be one hell of an incon kek

Yeah, they're awful examples, but what I'm saying is that while these two are having their circular inconclusive logic, in the near area, the massive range of Mamoru's luck could pull something in that Erwin just couldn't react to until it was already inevitable.

Of course you do

Because you're attempting to prove that Erwin is just as bad as Mamoru in order to prevent me getting him, when he is really not, as is explained on the actual meta thread.

Full reasoning.

In a single one on one fight where both people are pulled into another world out of their respective ones by ROB and told to fight, yeah, they're around the same deal.

But Erwin still needs to actively choose his outcomes, can only change the outcomes nearby that he can see, and he can't change the past.

Mamoru on the other hand, his luck would mess with the past and the entire planet / universe in order to set him up so he could win.

So even in one on one, Mamoru is better.

His luck can and does work like that.

Erwin can't choose possibilities where Mamoru's luck doesn't trigger, it's passive.

Erwin also has no prior knowledge, so he still can't "choose futures where the power doesn't trigger".

He also can't change the past.

Mamoru's luck can retroactively set up events so Erwin has no possible way to win.

this didn't come across in my earlier message but Mamoru's is better and he'll win fra. I was just wondering if it would be considered a stomp since Mamorus way of winning is passive:

Back