• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hypersonic Tokyo Revengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on this accepted calculation some Tokyo Revengers should be upgraded to Hypersonic.

Since this feat is from adult Kazutora, it doesn't scale to his past self, only to high tiers and above, because Wakasa and Benkei are around the same age as adult Kazutora and they should be stronger than him, and many characters are comparable to them or are stronger.

This is how the scaling would be:
Wakasa and Benkei (Benkei doesn't have a profile yet): At least Hypersonic (Should be faster than adult Kazutora)
Taiju: At least Hypersonic (Fought and defeated the legendary duo) (Note: Taiju should get two seperate keys, one called Black Dragons Arc, the other one called Kanto Manji Arc. He would be Supersonic+ in his first key and this would be his speed in the second key)
Kakucho: At least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic (Managed to hit Benkei, although he was off guard)
Takemichi: At least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic (Fought on par with Kakucho)
Sanzu: At least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic (Comparable to Kakucho)
South: Supersonic+, At least Hypersonic, likely higher with dark impulses (Blitzed the legendary duo), eventually far higher with dark impulses (He became even faster after getting blitzed and knocked down by Senju)
Senju: At least Hypersonic, likely far higher (Blitzed Dark Impulse South and could still fight him after he became even stronger)
Izana: At least Hypersonic, possibly higher (Should be faster than adult Kazutora, possibly could be comparable to South or Senju)
Mikey: At least Hypersonic, likely far higher (Is the fastest character in the verse by far, putting him above characters like South, Senju and Izana. Blitzed many gang members quickly.

Because theres a lot of interpretations for such feat, and you guys chose the most superhuman one to wank the verse. 90% of the scene is not showed by the panels or anything.
But as I said, if you have argued about it, fine, it's not my problem, I really have no interest with the verse

Because theres a lot of interpretations for such feat, and you guys chose the most superhuman one to wank the verse. 90% of the scene is not showed by the panels or anything.
But as I said, if you have argued about it, fine, it's not my problem, I really have no interest with the verse
Okay.

Due to the vagueness, I wouldn't use this calc, even if it was accepted. Hope the new episode will give us new clues on what's actually happened. I have never seen a lot of people interpret this feat like this, which is why I questioned its credibility.

Based on this accepted calculation some Tokyo Revengers should be upgraded to Hypersonic.

Since this feat is from adult Kazutora, it doesn't scale to his past self, only to high tiers and above, because Wakasa and Benkei are around the same age as adult Kazutora and they should be stronger than him, and many characters are comparable to them or are stronger.

This is how the scaling would be:
Wakasa and Benkei (Benkei doesn't have a profile yet): At least Hypersonic (Should be faster than adult Kazutora)
Taiju: At least Hypersonic (Fought and defeated the legendary duo) (Note: Taiju should get two seperate keys, one called Black Dragons Arc, the other one called Kanto Manji Arc. He would be Supersonic+ in his first key and this would be his speed in the second key)
Kakucho: At least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic (Managed to hit Benkei, although he was off guard)
Takemichi: At least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic (Fought on par with Kakucho)
Sanzu: At least Supersonic, possibly Hypersonic (Comparable to Kakucho)
South: Supersonic+, At least Hypersonic, likely higher with dark impulses (Blitzed the legendary duo), eventually far higher with dark impulses (He became even faster after getting blitzed and knocked down by Senju)
Senju: At least Hypersonic, likely far higher (Blitzed Dark Impulse South and could still fight him after he became even stronger)
Izana: At least Hypersonic, possibly higher (Should be faster than adult Kazutora, possibly could be comparable to South or Senju)
Mikey: At least Hypersonic, likely far higher (Is the fastest character in the verse by far, putting him above characters like South, Senju and Izana. Blitzed many gang members quickly.
Nice

Due to the vagueness, I wouldn't use this calc, even if it was accepted. Hope the new episode will give us new clues on what's actually happened. I have never seen a lot of people interpret this feat like this, which is why I questioned its credibility.
Lol nothing is vague literally every action in the manga happened in the anime. you just dont want to be wrong and it's totally fine to be. It already has been discussed for a week now by 4 mods who all accepted it, along with 3 support members accepting it

Saying it's not vague is blatantly dishonest. A lot of people who have read the series didn't come to the same interpretation as yours (You can see this by doing some google research). Actually, they agreed with mine. Your calc was mathematically accepted but it doesn't change the fact your interpretation regarding the scene could very well be wrong.

Also, 4 mods? I've only seen a single calc group member (namely KLOL) who isn't sure if your interpretation was correct. The other one (Dark-Carioca) only agreed with it being "mathematically" correct.

Saying it's not vague is blatantly dishonest. A lot of people who have read the series didn't come to the same interpretation as yours (You can see this by doing some google research).
I dont care about randoms on google who are probab terrible at scaling what point is telling me this proving? You use google for reliable sources? Since when did google matter on this website?
Actually, they agreed with mine. Your calc was mathematically accepted but it doesn't change the fact your interpretation regarding the scene could very well be wrong.
I dont care who agreed with you on an external site. That is irrelevant here. Like what 💀
Also, 4 mods? I've only seen a single calc group member (namely KLOL) who isn't sure if your interpretation was correct. The other one (Dark-Carioca) only agreed with it being "mathematically" correct.
Armorchompy and Ant also agree. Im not finna argue with you all day for an accepted scale. Get over it your reasoning would get denied.

Armorchompy
I didn't see him agreeing but alright.
Anvastima isn't a calc group member.
I dont care about randoms on google who are probab terrible at scaling what point is telling me this proving? You use google for reliable sources? Since when did google matter on this website?
Notice how I only pointed out that the feat is incredibly vague and it opens to interpretations. Your calc works based on the assumption that your interpretation is correct. I brought up other people just want to let you know I'm not the only one who is making up interpretations just for the sake of disagreeing with your calc. That's it.

If I wasn't clear enough, I don't have any interest anymore, so you can ignore me and proceed with your CRT.

I have already stated why that calc is already on visibly shaky grounds.

First off, for the manga panel just because the "Bang" and the darkness are in the same panel, that doesn't tell us whether it happened simultaneously or there was a slight delay after the darkness (Way too fast for normal people to notice) before the primer is set off and the gunpowder ignites, causing the bullet to be propelled out of the barrel.

There could've been plenty of time for Takemichi to be saved before the primer could've ever been set off even if the trigger here was pulled.

That and the bullet still needs to accelerate down the barrel to hit top speed. It's called muzzle velocity for a reason.

First off, for the manga panel just because the "Bang" and the darkness are in the same panel, that doesn't tell us whether it happened simultaneously or there was a slight delay after the darkness (Way too fast for normal people to notice) before the primer is set off and the gunpowder ignites, causing the bullet to be propelled out of the barrel.

There could've been plenty of time for Takemichi to be saved before the primer could've ever been set off even if the trigger here was pulled.

That and the bullet still needs to accelerate down the barrel to hit top speed. It's called muzzle velocity for a reason.
This basically sums it up

All of this could have happened but he was still all the way across the room at the time the gun was shot and would have to still reach in time which would make my high hypersonic+ feat valid since you agree he was nowhere near Kisaki
This would honestly be a bigger assumption than my high hypersonic+ scale and wouldnt be fair to accept that while denying my scale when muzzle speed and these other factors wasn't mentioned for the other 2 feats that were accepted doing this same feat. That's basically creating a whole new scenario from whats in line with the manga panels and anime when they both show the gun being shot first with no sign of Kazutora .
But thats assuming the bullet travels consistently at 120 m/s which defies all logic of acceleration. The gun would have to keep accelerating for 7.6in as it travels to reach the 450 m/s top speed. It wouldnt stay the same speed then randomly jump to 450 m/s once it left the muzzle and Kazutora still has to reach it in time from the at least laft the distance of the room since they were in the center of it.

Last edited:
But thats assuming the bullet travels consistently at 120 m/s which defies all logic of acceleration.
There's a crippling flaw you made with this.

120 m/s is for low-quality black-powder muskets, and again, read the Muzzle Velocity wikipedia page a little bit more clearly.

Muzzle velocity is the speed of a projectile (bullet, pellet, slug, ball/shots or shell) with respect to[1] the muzzle at the moment it leaves the end of a gun's barrel (i.e. the muzzle).[2] Firearm muzzle velocities range from approximately 120 m/s (390 ft/s) to 370 m/s (1,200 ft/s) in black powder muskets.

The TT-33 Pistol however, has a muzzle velocity of 450 m/s.

What indeed defies all logic of acceleration is that it'd attain that 450 m/s muzzle speed right inside the barrel the moment the gunpowder ignites. That's not how ballistics works. You're taking barrel length as the distance travelled by the bullet when the distance between the muzzle and Takemichi is practically 0.

The gun would have to keep accelerating for 7.6in as it travels to reach the 450 m/s top speed. It wouldnt stay the same speed then randomly jump to 450 m/s once it left the muzzle and Kazutora still has to reach it in time from the at least laft the distance of the room since they were in the center of it.
But that's literally my argument. And again, not the point. Point is, Takemichi could've been saved long before the bullet ever even got the chance to accelerate or even before the hammer struck the primer.

Also, how do you intend to account for the fact that the muzzle is in direct contact with Takemichi's face? He'd be dead if the bullet left the barrel, and the very outside of the barrel is where the bullet attains maximum velocity after acceleration.

Using the full barrel length as the distance between Takemichi and the Bullet would completely defeat the purpose of using muzzle velocity and would defy acceleration itself, as that is not how the muzzle velocity defiition operates, plus there's the fact that Takemichi's head is pretty much at the muzzle where the bullet would attain peak velocity. His head would be turned to mush right then and there.

There are only two ways Takemichi lives here after the trigger's been pulled. Either:

1. He is saved at the point of the gunpowder igniting but it still not having generated enough pressure to cause the bullet to be expelled. In this case you'd need the gunpowder explosion speed.

2. He is saved before the hammer strikes the primer. You must thus find the timeframe required for the hammer to strike the primer from resting position.

THERE IS LITERALLY NO SCENARIO WHERE USING THE MUZZLE VELOCITY HERE IS VIABLE IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD.

120 m/s is for low-quality black-powder muskets, and again, read the Muzzle Velocity wikipedia page a little bit more clearly.

Muzzle velocity is the speed of a projectile (bullet, pellet, slug, ball/shots or shell) with respect to[1] the muzzle at the moment it leaves the end of a gun's barrel (i.e. the muzzle).[2] Firearm muzzle velocities range from approximately 120 m/s (390 ft/s) to 370 m/s (1,200 ft/s) in black powder muskets.

What indeed defies all logic of acceleration is that it'd attain that 450 m/s muzzle speed right inside the barrel the moment the gunpowder ignites. That's not how ballistics works. You're taking barrel length as the distance travelled by the bullet when the distance between the muzzle and Takemichi is practically 0.
The bullet has to travel from the clip to the end of the muzzle does it not? Thats not 0
But that's literally my argument. And again, not the point. Point is, Takemichi could've been saved long before the bullet ever even got the chance to accelerate or even before the hammer struck the primer.

Also, how do you intend to account for the fact that the muzzle is in direct contact with Takemichi's face? He'd be dead if the bullet left the barrel, and the very outside of the barrel is where the bullet attains maximum velocity after acceleration.
Using the full barrel length as the distance between Takemichi and the Bullet would completely defeat the purpose of using muzzle velocity and would defy acceleration itself, as that is not how the muzzle velocity defiition operates, plus there's the fact that Takemichi's head is pretty much at the muzzle where the bullet would attain peak velocity. His head would be turned to mush right then and there.
But it wasn't turned to mush because he was saved just as the gun shot. Kisaki is at point blank range if someone interferred with Takemichi before him shot he would have reacted to the sound of Kazutora crashing into takemichi even with the lights out since he is directly in front of him.

Pratically yes. But not exactly 0. It still has to travel from the barrell to hit his face, with a speed from in between 120 m/s and 450 m/s like you said.
Thats a bigger assumption than my calculation and goes against the panels. If thats what wakui wanted to happen it would have been drawn different and the lights would have never went out before he saved Takemichi. He drew the bang first to signify a gun being shot completely first, not because of delays.
Takemichi was already out of the way by the time the bullet left muzzle. Kazutora traveled the room while the bullet was moving through the barrell. Thats the most logical reasoning based on panel order, wouldnt make sense for him to somehow turn off the lights AND beat the bullet before the bullet left the gun after it was shot, wouldnt that make him even faster than i scaled him?

The bullet has to travel from the clip to the end of the muzzle does it not? Thats not 0
It's also not going to be travelling anywhere near 450 m/s until it leaves the barrel at the muzzle. Acceleration is a thing.

Projectile Dodging Formula: (Distance moved by character * Projectile Velocity) / (Distance between the projectile and character at the exact moment the character started to move)

You will need to find the velocity it'd be propelled at at various different lengths in the barrel and use that instead. But muzzle velocity is a hard no.

But it wasn't turned to mush because he was saved just as the gun shot.
He wasn't turned to mush because of three possible reasons.

1. Takemichi got saved before the bullet left the barrel, which prevents muzzle velocity from being used, and a much lower velocity would have to be used, I'd suggest finding a formula that can determine projectile velocity of various bullets at different barrel lengths.

2. Takemichi got saved before the primer got fully ignited which means the bullet remained still for the duration of the save.

3. Takemichi got saved before the hammer could come close to striking the primer.

Kisaki is at point blank range
He's less than point-blank range, Takemichi is directly at the end of the barrel.

if someone interferred with Takemichi before him shot he would have reacted to the sound of Kazutora crashing into takemichi even with the lights out since he is directly in front of him.
I think you grossly underestimate just how fast a hammer-strike and primer ignition can take place.

@cloudyagami I don't think you're understanding KLOL is trying to tell you it's literally IMPOSSIBLE for what you've calculated to happen using the actual muzzle veloctiy of the gun, and that's just a blatant fact by the nature of how guns work and what muzzle velocity is.

You literally need to find any other way to make this calc work by using the two methods KLOL suggest or else this literally can never in any instance work as a calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back