• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How much bigger should I make it
Minotaurs are large creatures with an equally large weapon so 7 feet is still way too close. The bull isn't gonna go down in one shot thanks to the AP of the Hunter's weapons only being about 1.5x higher than its highest AP. Consider setting up the fight to be like an actual hunt where both combatants start relatively far away (like 50 meters at minimum) and in a location without immediate line of sight.

Minotaurs are large creatures with an equally large weapon so 7 feet is still way too close. The bull isn't gonna go down in one shot thanks to the AP of the Hunter's weapons only being about 1.5x higher than its highest AP. Consider setting up the fight to be like an actual hunt where both combatants start relatively far away (like 50 meters at minimum) and in a location without immediate line of sight.
it sounds a bit bias but can I use one of this as a location?

it sounds a bit bias but can I use one of this as a location?

Of course! You're the OP so you can decide whatever you want. In my opinion, having the fight takes place in one of the Hunter's home turfs makes it fairer, especially since all it takes is one mistake to get him killed.
Oh yeah and he has his camouflage and his cover scent (aka to mask his scent so they don’t smell him)
Those will definitely help, though he shouldn't rely too much on them since the Minotaur's senses and tracking ability are ridiculously good.

Of course! You're the OP so you can decide whatever you want. In my opinion, having the fight takes place in one of the Hunter's home turfs makes it fairer, especially since all it takes is one mistake to get him killed.

Those will definitely help, though he definitely shouldn't rely too much on them since the Minotaur's senses and tracking ability are ridiculously good.
He does have radar though I might have to ask apex if we need to fix the profile again since that counts as limited resistance to stealth mastery

And also he only has radar for those dinosaurs or things he chooses to hunt since he has no knowledge it’s probably useless here

I can give him his other weapons not just a shotgun but also a powerful revolver or a sniper rifle

Should the shotgun which is already optional equipment that I gave him be enough or

Should I definitely bring out the sniper rifle and shit

Which btw he also has a X-bow (it fires silently without disturbing other things)

Should the shotgun which is already optional equipment that I gave him be enough or

Should I definitely bring out the sniper rifle and shit

Which btw he also has a X-bow (it fires silently without disturbing other things)
Nah, I think the pistol and shotgun are already enough. His stronger weapons have much higher range and are capable of nearly or straight up oneshotting animals that scale higher than the verse's 9-A AP. Also, I like the idea of him having only one chance to get in the first shot before the Minotaur knows where he is and starts hunting him down.

Nah, I think the pistol and shotgun are already enough. His stronger weapons have much higher range and are capable of nearly or straight up oneshotting animals that scale higher than the verse's 9-A AP. Also, I like the idea of him having only one chance to get in the first shot before the Minotaur knows where he is and starts hunting him down.
Who wins then in your opinion?

At least with what is given I would probably give it the hunter. Just due to ranged option vs hand to hand and having an AP that is higher than the mintoaurs durability. I think with berserk mode and social influencing it might have a small chance.

I don't know about either of these characters, but I'll try analyzing the match-up solely based on their profiles. I'll cover the relevant comparison categories.

Physique
Assuming the Minotaur would be Small Building level in this match, his power scales "vastly" above being "barely" that tier and 36,640,000 joules. The Hunter's physique is just athletic, while his firearms are barely Small Building level, seeing as how his rank comes from one-shotting a T-rex whose power is Wall level and 622,481.87 joules. The Minotaur's power is in the tens of millions of joules, while the Hunter's firearms don't even one-shot a million joules. I'll give the Hunter the benefit of the doubt and presume that his firearms can reliably one-shot most dinosaurs in general, like his profile suggests, and I'll interpret his firearms as baseline Small Building level, which is 20,920,000 joules. I don't know why the Minotaur's durability doesn't have a "likely Small Building level" like his attack potency does, but even without that, the Wall level power the Minotaur scales "vastly" above is 4,248,000 joules, which is 6.8× greater than the T-rex one-shot feat, though not enough to reach Small Building level. I guess the Minotaur may or may not get one-shot. However, the Hunter would certainly be one-shot, since his durability is lower than Wall level.

The Minotaur seems to have the advantage in this categories, but the profiles should do a better job at clarifying.

Opportunity
Through firearms, the Hunter has a lot longer range than the Minotaur, being able to even reach kilometers at best. The Minotaur isn't exclusively close range though, being able to attack several meters away as well. Both characters could see each other in the dark. The Minotaur has a superior sense of smell, but the Hunter could mitigate this a bit using the cover scent item. The Hunter would be able to perform some stealth using camouflage, allowing easier access to strike the Minotaur. If the Hunter would discover what a Minotaur sounds like, then maybe the Hunter could manipulate the Minotaur's position by mimicking sounds.

The Hunter seems to have the advantage in this category.

Skill
The Hunter is skilled with weapons and is already experienced with this type of battle due to having hunted dinosaurs. The Minotaur is skilled with weapons as well, and is capable of impressive performance in close combat, but he is mostly dumb otherwise and is prone to abandoning skill and caution in exchange for a burst of power. The Hunter's experience should let him recognize that approaching would be risky and opt for safely outskilling the Minotaur using the weapons.

Conclusion
Based on my analysis, the Hunter would have the overall advantage in the battle, being able to circumvent the Minotaur's physical advantage with greater opportunities to strike with skill. Thus, it would be more likely for the Hunter to win the battle and I vote for him winning the battle.

I don't know about either of these characters, but I'll try analyzing the match-up solely based on their profiles. I'll cover the relevant comparison categories.

Physique
Assuming the Minotaur would be Small Building level in this match, his power scales "vastly" above being "barely" that tier and 36,640,000 joules. The Hunter's physique is just athletic, while his firearms are barely Small Building level, seeing as how his rank comes from one-shotting a T-rex whose power is Wall level and 622,481.87 joules. The Minotaur's power is in the tens of millions of joules, while the Hunter's firearms don't even one-shot a million joules. I'll give the Hunter the benefit of the doubt and presume that his firearms can reliably one-shot most dinosaurs in general, like his profile suggests, and I'll interpret his firearms as baseline Small Building level, which is 20,920,000 joules. I don't know why the Minotaur's durability doesn't have a "likely Small Building level" like his attack potency does, but even without that, the Wall level power the Minotaur scales "vastly" above is 4,248,000 joules, which is 6.8× greater than the T-rex one-shot feat, though not enough to reach Small Building level. I guess the Minotaur may or may not get one-shot. However, the Hunter would certainly be one-shot, since his durability is lower than Wall level.

The Minotaur seems to have the advantage in this categories, but the profiles should do a better job at clarifying.

Opportunity
Through firearms, the Hunter has a lot longer range than the Minotaur, being able to even reach kilometers at best. The Minotaur isn't exclusively close range though, being able to attack several meters away as well. Both characters could see each other in the dark. The Minotaur has a superior sense of smell, but the Hunter could mitigate this a bit using the cover scent item. The Hunter would be able to perform some stealth using camouflage, allowing easier access to strike the Minotaur. If the Hunter would discover what a Minotaur sounds like, then maybe the Hunter could manipulate the Minotaur's position by mimicking sounds.

Skill
The Hunter is skilled with weapons and is already experienced with this type of battle due to having hunted dinosaurs. The Minotaur is skilled with weapons as well, and is capable of impressive performance in close combat, but he is mostly dumb otherwise and is prone to abandoning skill and caution in exchange for a burst of power. The Hunter's experience should let him recognize that approaching would be risky and opt for safely outskilling the Minotaur using the weapons.

Conclusion
Based on my analysis, the Hunter would have the overall advantage in the battle, being able to circumvent the Minotaur's physical advantage with greater opportunities to strike with skill. Thus, it would be more likely for the Hunter to win the battle and I vote for him winning the battle.
Actually his guns can harm t-Rex who in turn is stronger than a ceolophysis that destroyed a bridge

Calculated

As

35.69 MegaJoules

Actually his guns can harm t-Rex who in turn is stronger than a ceolophysis that destroyed a bridge

Calculated

As

35.69 MegaJoules
Thanks for telling me. I found the blog post in the Calculations section of the page for the Carnivores series, and the blog post is accepted by two calculation group members. This should really be put on the Hunter's profile in addition to the T-rex feat, because the profile itself is misleading as it is now.

In that case, the power of the Hunter's firearms is 35,691,651.5 in joules, putting it close to the Minotaur's 36,640,000 joules without vagueness. This makes the battle a lot closer, but the Minotaur still gets the advantage due to being slightly stronger and being able to one-shot the Hunter who merely has Athlete level durability.
Also hunter is bloodlusted
I forgot about that, but I'm not sure what prompted you to tell me this. Do you mean to tell me that the Hunter being bloodlusted allows the attack potency gap to be closed? The Hunter's firearms wouldn't get such a boost from emotion, and he is physically Athlete level otherwise, so that wouldn't be true. Do you mean to tell me that the Hunter would be less strategic? What evidence is there that the Hunter having the mindset of prioritizing killing the Minotaur over everything else would make the Hunter less strategic? It may be intuitive that a character would be more reckless when bloodlusted, but that's not necessarily the case. There is a relevant distinction between "induced bloodlust" in a versus thread and "natural bloodlust" in a fictional continuity, as explained in the note at the bottom of the Bloodlust page.

If I haven't addressed your concern about how the Hunter would be bloodlusted in the battle, then please tell me.

Thanks for telling me. I found the blog post in the Calculations section of the page for the Carnivores series, and the blog post is accepted by two calculation group members. This should really be put on the Hunter's profile in addition to the T-rex feat, because the profile itself is misleading as it is now.

In that case, the power of the Hunter's firearms is 35,691,651.5 in joules, putting it close to the Minotaur's 36,640,000 joules without vagueness. This makes the battle a lot closer, but the Minotaur still gets the advantage due to being slightly stronger and being able to one-shot the Hunter who merely has Athlete level durability.

I forgot about that, but I'm not sure what prompted you to tell me this. Do you mean to tell me that the Hunter being bloodlusted allows the attack potency gap to be closed? The Hunter's firearms wouldn't get such a boost from emotion, and he is physically Athlete level otherwise, so that wouldn't be true. Do you mean to tell me that the Hunter would be less strategic? What evidence is there that the Hunter having the mindset of prioritizing killing the Minotaur over everything else would make the Hunter less strategic? It may be intuitive that a character would be more reckless when bloodlusted, but that's not necessarily the case. There is a relevant distinction between "induced bloodlust" in a versus thread and "natural bloodlust" in a fictional continuity, as explained in the note at the bottom of the Bloodlust page.

If I haven't addressed your concern about how the Hunter would be bloodlusted in the battle, then please tell me.
Bloodlust is their just more careful and get straight to point

Like someone who’s nice and friendly won’t go all out and try to end the fight quickly as possible

Bloodlust they end the fight instantly

Thank you.

Delphaeus_Hills_icon.png

I mean the minotaur upscales a good bit from it's own rating being able to realistically one shot a Rothé going by stat block and twice the cr. They are unlikely to directly go after their target having a preference to ambush enemies when possible and a
minotaur can visualize every route it might take to close the distance to its prey once it locates them. It's sense of hearing is good with +7 to listening checks, a bonus higher than dogs.

I mean the minotaur upscales a good bit from it's own rating being able to realistically one shot a Rothé going by stat block and twice the cr. They are unlikely to directly go after their target having a preference to ambush enemies when possible and a
minotaur can visualize every route it might take to close the distance to its prey once it locates them. It's sense of hearing is good with +7 to listening checks, a bonus higher than dogs.
Tbf the hunter has a weapon called the X-bow it’s relatively silent and he can fire off several shots from it without alerting other animals.

But thing is the hunter’s camouflage makes it hard for the Minotaur to see and cover scent means it will be harder for the Minotaur to smell whether he’s nearby or not.

minotaur can visualize every route it might take to close the distance to its prey once it locates them. Its sense of hearing is good with +7 to listening checks, a bonus higher than dogs.
Btw the hunter is able to kill t-Rex with his weapons who is stronger than ceolophysis who destroyed a bridge 35.69 MegaJoules

The Minotaur possessing tracking abilities makes him fairly likely to find the Hunter first. The Minotaur will also guaranteed one-shot the Hunter with literally any attack. So the question does boil down to "Will the Hunter be able to land a multitude of shots against the Minotaur before the Minotaur can land only one?"

The Minotaur is not animal in intelligence, and several of the Hunter's tricks rely on this. Furthermore, it is a skilled combatant in its own right- specifically in fighting humanoid combatants, whereas the Hunter's skill all relates to animals and dinosaurs.

I find it unlikely that the Minotaur never lands even a single strike, then, in the course of this battle. Whether by intimidation or simply finding the Hunter before the Hunter finds him, the fact that even the slightest grazing would will kill the Hunter seals the deal.

Well since I play carnivores I do remember the hunter has several guns he can choose there’s a revolver

A semi-automatic rifle he can fire several shots

And of course he can use the sniper rifle (capable of sniping something close to 400ft away, (some use meters but ft seems fine)

Those are optional.

Along with radar which could help him (crt I’m working on to get esp added for it)

the radar requires prep and prior knowledge though and while it will help tell the hunter where the Minotaur is it won’t show elevation or anything.

Tbf the hunter has a weapon called the X-bow it’s relatively silent and he can fire off several shots from it without alerting other animals.
The hunter likely needs to move to find a shot given his stealth mastery justification is just wearing camouflage that likely creates noise.
Btw the hunter is able to kill t-Rex with his weapons who is stronger than ceolophysis who destroyed a bridge 35.69 MegaJoules
Are we using 9-A or 9-B Minotaur

The hunter likely needs to move to find a shot given his stealth mastery justification is just wearing camouflage that likely creates noise.

Are we using 9-A or 9-B Minotaur
9-A

Though 9-B could it make more fairer since they both can one-shot each other and it’ll depend on who lands the first blow

Back