• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to calc the unrevealed area range of this explosion?

I'm not sure where I can post this (this can be a QnA and a calc discussion at the same time) so I've also posted here as well.

There's an explosion that has to be calculated to determine the AP of a group of characters, but the explosion's damage radius and the resulting area from the aftermath is way larger than I initially thought.
Is there any way to calculate the estimated area that's cut by the camera so that we can get a more accurate calc for AP?

Immediately Before The Explosion
kQEwC49.png

The Aftermath Of The Explosion
UwtVy95.png

As you can see, the cone-like debris and damage area extends to the back to an unknown degree.

Okay, so right off the bat, the explosion crater is kinda hurting my eyes. It looks like the crater appeared on a PAINTING of the scene rather than the actual scene itself. I've never seen anything like it, and I've played Eliatopia, an MMORPG I had taken part in the development of that has an isometric view that rendered angular sizing completely useless. It's at such a weird angle that I honestly don't know what to tell you! Like, the crater is standing upright on the scene rather than actually being in the scene!

Yea it does look like the ps1 final fantasy set pieces (especially FF7). It's like this due to 2002/2003 live action CGI in Japan.

Here's one more picture and video to possibly make it more clearer.

This is the explosion itself (the first part of itself, since it does way more damage as seen in the aftermath)
KwRGOIO.png

The Feat In Question

Also thanks for stopping by.

Yea it does look like the ps1 final fantasy set pieces (especially FF7). It's like this due to 2002/2003 live action CGI in Japan.

Here's one more picture and video to possibly make it more clearer.

This is the explosion itself (the first part of itself, since it does way more damage as seen in the aftermath)
KwRGOIO.png

The Feat In Question

Also thanks for stopping by.

The action shot itself tells me that the explosion was supposed to spread rightwards past the building on the right and inwards towards the building in the back of the scene. If you know the sizes of the buildings, you can measure based of them. If you know if the set if a real-world locale, measurements of the set itself are the most reliable resources to use, but if you don't, I recommend angular sizing for the building in the back of the scene to gauge the radius of the explosion.

Strangely, the start of the explosion isn't really the epicenter, although that's probably because there were multiple explosions popping up in the scene.

Thank you very much for answering my question.
Before I go, I want to ask what angular scaling is (basically, I'm a pleb that hasn't done a single calc before).

Thank you very much for answering my question.
Before I go, I want to ask what angular scaling is (basically, I'm a pleb that hasn't done a single calc before).
Basically it's this last-resort tactic used to gauge distance based on the size of an object. Usually you should use two reference points since nothing would be happening right on top of the camera. This page provides more info on that: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Calculation_Guide

Back