• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much energy is required to Atomized The Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Earth is about 1 trillion cubic kilometers, or 10^27 cubic centimeters in volume. The atomization destruction rate is 30852.2 joules per cubic centimeter. This will result in 3.085x10^31 joules, or Low 5-B, Small Planet level. Yes, technically this wouldn't be enough to overcome to gravitational binding energy of the Earth, and the atoms would still reform into a ball that is bound by this energy. Blowing a planet apart takes more energy than breaking it down, even on an atomic level. If you go sub-atomic, that is a whole different story.

Sub-atomically destroying the Earth gives 5.403x10^40 joules, which is approaching what is needed to destroy the Sun.

My friend was reading some light novel where a character atomized a Planet and he asked me if it would result in a level higher than Planet Level

Hilarious enough it doesn't. Kinetic energy usually is stronger in planet busting. Planetary destruction wouldn't occur quickly in real life. The destruction would happen over the course of hours. So planetary annihilation that happens in mere seconds gives huge results. Most quick planet busts land in 5-A, but some, like this one, go further and push into High 5-A.

The distance between vaporization and atomization is relatively low; it would still land in Low 5-B.

well nothing specially ,unless you count random feats performed by random *insert custom character* and my need to know how to calc those, god i wish was a calcer...

Well you can always try to learn! Really you need more reasoning than anything, the math usually doesn't get past anything found in Algebra or Geometry. If you really are interested, we are always looking. I will leave this here for you to look at in your leisure.

Calculations Introduction and References

ahh maybe i should..maybe i should.. but i am slow learner... so this might take some time

Well there is always time. Here is my profile is you want to ask me any questions. Since this thread's purpose is completed, I will close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back